The Food Thread

Sept. 3, 2020, 10:26 a.m.

Once upon a time I used to ride to try and be the fastest. Now I ride to keep from being the fattest. Epic rides are universally followed by epic feasts. Sometimes its nice to have some beta on where the best food is where you are riding.

Please do not included "so so" places - only "not to miss" type food.

For instance -
Corduroy Pie Company in Vancouver for Pizza

Downlow chicken shack

Lucky's Donuts at 49th Parallel

you get the drift....

Last edited by: RAHrider on Sept. 3, 2020, 10:34 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 3, 2020, 12:21 p.m.

OMG - we trekked the kids over to Corduroy yesterday from North Van, and it was entirely worth the hour wait to get food. This place is amazing.

Sept. 3, 2020, 8:47 p.m.

As far as mexican food goes. Tequila conchina on Lonsdale is the best in the city IMO hands down. The fish tacos are killer.

Sept. 3, 2020, 9:18 p.m.

Pie co on 16th is my backyard, if anyone ever wants to grab a beer.

For Mexican, La Taqueria Pinche on Hornby has been recommended to me by people from Mexico, and is quite good. Also, they're licensed and were usually empty around 5ish for post-work beers.

If you're around city hall and like Indian, Roti kitchen sells these naan wrapped Indian burritos that are consistently ready in 20 minutes for take out.

The Superbaba food truck had the best falafel wrap I've had in the city.

For ramen, Gojira and Danbo are both solid.

Sawasdee Thai on main.

Rain or Shine ice cream to top it all off.

Sept. 3, 2020, 9:49 p.m.

Posted by: wine+god

Rain or Shine ice cream to top it all off.

Earnest ice cream > rain or shine IMO. FWIW.

Sept. 3, 2020, 11:57 p.m.

rain or shines peanut butter ice cream is the best ice cream on the planet, fuck your whiskey hazelnut

Sept. 4, 2020, 7:54 a.m.

rain or shines peanut butter ice cream is the best ice cream on the planet, fuck your whiskey hazelnut

I see your peanut butter and raise you earnest peanut butter with chocolate covered pretzels.

Sept. 4, 2020, 1:21 p.m.

For any time eats, Roots Cafe on Main 49th has a ridiculous poutine for under $10. They also opened asap during the shutdown.

Anyone try Perverted Ice Cream downtown on Thurlow? Doesnt beat the Praguerary (sp?) Ice Cream Truck imo; not much does.

Sept. 4, 2020, 1:55 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

For any time eats, Roots Cafe on Main 49th has a ridiculous poutine for under $10. They also opened asap during the shutdown.

Anyone try Perverted Ice Cream downtown on Thurlow? Doesnt beat the Praguerary (sp?) Ice Cream Truck imo; not much does.

I tried the one downtown, it's soft serve in a fancy cone and with toppings. It's OK, not as good as Earnest, in my opinion.

Sept. 11, 2020, 3:11 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I tried the one downtown, it's soft serve in a fancy cone and with toppings. It's OK, not as good as Earnest, in my opinion.

Ya that was my impression but havent tried Earnest. Rain or Shine's was good, just cant remember what flavor I went with.

Sept. 14, 2020, 12:12 a.m.

In whistler last week. Had creekbread pizza. Potato bacon was awesome as was the pepperoni mushroom. I'd say its the best pizza in whistler.

Sept. 16, 2020, 4:08 p.m.

Anybody had AJs Brooklyn Pizza?  It looks amazing.  I tried to order one last week and there was a 2 hr wait for take out.  People are lining up to buy $40 pizzas. Isnt everyone supposed to be broke now?