The Enemy's Gate is Down

June 4, 2013, 11:01 p.m.

Is it too much to ask that the movie even comes close to the book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0cUBi4hwE

Elysium looks promising….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIBtePb-dGY

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 4, 2013, 11:06 p.m.

I was excited for all of one second when I heard about them making a movie out of this.

Then I realized there was no hope in hell it would be anything close to the book.

June 5, 2013, 6:43 a.m.

I was excited for all of one second when I heard about them making a movie out of this.

Then I realized there was no hope in hell it would be anything close to the book.

The same applies to Ender's Game.

June 5, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

Is it safe to say at this point that no book-[HTML_REMOVED]movie adaptation has ever hit the mark?

viperfunk.com

June 5, 2013, 10:10 a.m.

Is it safe to say at this point that no book-[HTML_REMOVED]movie adaptation has ever hit the mark?

Fight Club was great.

They also did a fantastic job of Lord of the Rings given the length of the books.

I never read the books, but the Bourne series was fucking awesome.

There are some others that I can't think of right now.

June 5, 2013, 10:15 a.m.

Exorcist
There will be blood
Blade runner?

Fight club, even chuck says the movies better then the book

I liked the prestige, though I haven't ever read the book

June 5, 2013, 10:24 a.m.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, and The English Patient are a few that come to mind.

I could also add 'The Road' to that list because I felt like shit after both, but I'd rather not think of it.

There are probably tonnes more, but we only know about the books before the movie in the cases where the book is amazing, so any adaptation is behind the eight ball from the start.

Besides, Ender's Game will probably suck because it's impossible to do the 'Bean' character properly (and his storyline is the only interesting one for sequels).

iforonewelcome.com

June 5, 2013, 10:45 a.m.

having not read some of those I can't comment….but Lord of the Rings I did read and have to say I feel they didn't hit the mark.

viperfunk.com

June 5, 2013, 10:57 a.m.

having not read some of those I can't comment….but Lord of the Rings I did read and have to say I feel they didn't hit the mark.

I too would have loved a 310 hour true-to-book version of the movie.

June 5, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

Now that's just going too far sir. surely 286.4 hours would suffice.

viperfunk.com

June 5, 2013, 11:24 a.m.

I'm on the fence about this one. I've always had images in my head of what all of the characters looked like, how the game was played, what the buggers looked like, what FairyLand looked like etc. Now that'll all change?

If they depict the violent scenes in the movie in a similar way as Kickass! then that would be nice.

Remains my #1 favourite book of all time and is one of the few paperbacks I still have.

Here's to hoping!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 5, 2013, 11:29 a.m.

I thought this was a thread about Stalingrad.

June 5, 2013, 11:44 a.m.

Now that's just going too far sir. surely 286.4 hours would suffice.

A more true to the book adaptation? In 300 or less hours? With all the extra scenes, it would need to be at least 1,000 hours to accommodate all of the panoramic walking around Middle Earth shots that Jackson seems so fond of.

I'm amazed he managed to cram the tome that is The Hobbit into only three movies.

Ride, don't slide.

June 5, 2013, 11:53 a.m.

A more true to the book adaptation? In 300 or less hours? With all the extra scenes, it would need to be at least 1,000 hours to accommodate all of the panoramic walking around Middle Earth shots that Jackson seems so fond of.

I'm amazed he managed to cram the tome that is The Hobbit into only three movies.

Er … The Hobbit was released separately from LOTR movie trilogy, as a single screenplay.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 5, 2013, 12:11 p.m.

Hey fantasy ogres, take your trolling somewhere else. This here is about buggers, kids, and the end of civilization in SPACE.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca