"The $elling of Alberta"

March 23, 2012, 8:18 p.m.

….And neither the russians or kiwis can harvest as efficiently nor provide the consistent quality as Canada does.

Russia has actually been studying our harvesting practices very closely for the past few years….except for the reforestation aspect :(

Pastor of Muppets

March 23, 2012, 9:25 p.m.

Only a very small proportion of soybeans produced are directly consumed by humans, most soybeans are used as animal feed:

Not true … virtually all soybeans are crushed to extract soya oil ("vegetable oil"), most of which is for human consumption. The rest of the oil is used in non-toxic, renewable alternatives to petrochemicals and biofuels.

Virtually all the soy meal, the by-product of crushed beans (which is high in protein but considered inedible for humans), is turned into animal feed.

And absolutely yes … meat is bad for the environment.

March 24, 2012, 1:17 a.m.

:(

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 24, 2012, 10:38 a.m.

Are we not "meat", isn't our dogs and cats "meat"?

Meat is not the problem, our mass production of it is. The way we feed meat, take care of
meat and house meat.

And that includes ourselves.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 24, 2012, 12:58 p.m.

One time,some guy did a thread about where your food comes from.

Pastor of Muppets

March 24, 2012, 7:40 p.m.

One time,some guy did a thread about where your food comes from.

You don't say…will this be on the news at 11?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 24, 2012, 9:25 p.m.

I fail to see the problem. This isn't Soviet Russia. Companies are allowed to make a profit. If you don't like it, become part of the company.

Oh but I thought these big companies were the "Job Creators". Seems like they create just enough to keep you peasants happy while they laugh all the way to the bank. We'll see you in 10-15 when the best job you'll be getting is pumping that gas into their cars.

They do not belong to "Our Country" These resources belong to the Province of Alberta.:)

So who does the land belong to that they are planning to pipe and ship this crud through?

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 25, 2012, 12:15 a.m.

So who does the land belong to that they are planning to pipe and ship this crud through?

If Keystone goes through, it would be the USA.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 25, 2012, 5:46 a.m.

If Keystone goes through, it would be the USA.

I kinda doubt one more is going to make a difference… if there's a problem with one of those natural gas pipelines, people know right away because a crater appears along with a great big ball of fire.

March 25, 2012, 7:29 a.m.

All land (89%) and resources in Canada belong to the Crown and is either administered by a provincial crown or a federal crown representative.

In Alberta 60% of the land is Crown land and in BC 94% of land belongs to the Crown, otherwise it is privately owned.

You own the first 6 inches when you purchase land, subterranean resource rights belong to the crown until otherwise sold.

March 25, 2012, 7:55 a.m.

….And neither the russians or kiwis can harvest as efficiently nor provide the consistent quality as Canada does.

Russia has actually been studying our harvesting practices very closely for the past few years….except for the reforestation aspect :(

Can't speak for Russia … but have you ever been to New Zealand? Their "tree farms" are actually tree farms. Their industry is based on 100% monoculture "planation forests" (as opposed to "reforestation") - almost all pinus radiata, and they have a year-long growing season. 35-40 year old stands yield 770 m³/ha (11,004 ft³/acre). The largest planted forests in the world are in New Zealand. The main limitation is the country's relatively small size.

March 25, 2012, 9:39 a.m.

All land (89%) and resources in Canada belong to the Crown and is either administered by a provincial crown or a federal crown representative.

In Alberta 60% of the land is Crown land and in BC 94% of land belongs to the Crown, otherwise it is privately owned.

The rights to,and all royalties from any resources are that of the Provinces not the crown.

March 25, 2012, 10:24 a.m.

I kinda doubt one more is going to make a difference… if there's a problem with one of those natural gas pipelines, people know right away because a crater appears along with a great big ball of fire.

Does anyone else see pipelines in places people are trying to stop from going to right now?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 25, 2012, 10:43 a.m.

lol

but you talk to loggers so you know whats up right?

March 25, 2012, 11:17 a.m.

lol

but you talk to loggers so you know whats up right?

Right.

…And unless you work for BCTS,I would like to politely ask you to shut the fuck up.

Pastor of Muppets