The Decline of Vancouver.

Jan. 20, 2017, 8:27 p.m.

Neato!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 21, 2017, 5:41 a.m.

Possibly at inception. Capitalism is now exclusive to class.

Capital C, mate.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 21, 2017, 7:35 p.m.

resentment is building….systems overload. What is Canada:(
facing discrimination as a white guy and im not even joking.

Jan. 22, 2017, 4:20 a.m.

Why should a white guy anywhere be exempt from discrimination?

And, no, I am not provoking but asking a simple question that for me personally is mere rhetoric….asshats and bullies come in all forms and manners. And just because the majority of Canadians might be "white", it does not stop or keep one from discrimination against said majority. That is black and white.

Some people are just stupid, ignorant and whatnot. People who discriminate against others based on culture, gender, or background or whatever might be used to let their own insecurity shine like a beacon are assholes. Everywhere.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 22, 2017, 4:37 p.m.

When one is used to being on top equality can feel like oppression.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 24, 2017, 11:34 p.m.

well ain't that a muthafukin bitch…..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/west-vancouver-population-drop-1.3951028

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 25, 2017, 5:30 a.m.

that's awsome, traffic always sucks in west van.

Jan. 25, 2017, 12:49 p.m.

Come buy our prime real estate and displace locals!
Pay no income taxes in Canada!
Have your kids enjoy our free education system!
Have your elderly parents who've never payed a dime to Canada sponge off our free medical system!

repeat x 500,000 times.

Jan. 25, 2017, 2:32 p.m.

that's awsome, traffic always sucks in west van.

More of the population is getting older, and they continue to drive. The traffic situation isn't going to improve anytime soon…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 25, 2017, 3:20 p.m.

What are you talking about traffic in West Van? Where? The only intersection where I sometimes see traffic is Taylor Way and Marine, and that's only sometimes.

West Van has no traffic. North Van has some, but still not nearly as bad as many places in this country.

The aging crisis in West Van is a real problem though. And when you're a young family in West Van you're spending a lot of time in North Van as that's where most of the kids activities are.

Jan. 25, 2017, 3:29 p.m.

What are you talking about traffic in West Van? Where? The only intersection where I sometimes see traffic is Taylor Way and Marine, and that's only sometimes.

West Van has no traffic. North Van has some, but still not nearly as bad as many places in this country.

The aging crisis in West Van is a real problem though. And when you're a young family in West Van you're spending a lot of time in North Van as that's where most of the kids activities are.

Why would a young family move to WVan? First of all, housing is exorbitant. Then, most of your neighbors live in China, the rest are no fun either cuz they are tethered to a feeding tube and finally there are like 7 children under the age of 11 living in the entire municipality.

Jan. 25, 2017, 3:36 p.m.

Its not a race issue or a class issue. Its a Lack of Class issue. Don't buy up homes and leave them empty while there is a housing shortage.

But then how do you drive up the value of your investment if people are not struggling to find a place to live? Jeez, Duncan

Jan. 25, 2017, 4 p.m.

And when you're a young family in West Van you're spending a lot of time in North Van as that's where most of the kids activities are.

The pool in West Van is pretty dang good. I had our little in one of the programs back in the spring. So North Van guy commuting (by bike) over to West Van for kiddlet activities.

Jan. 25, 2017, 5:04 p.m.

Have your elderly parents who've never payed a dime to Canada sponge off our free medical system!

repeat x 500,000 times.

^^^^this…..:dead:

Jan. 25, 2017, 6:52 p.m.

repeat x 500,000 times.

I see alternate facts are rampant..

"Have your kids enjoy our free education system!" - property taxes fund a percentage public education in BC, I think it's about 35% right now. so if they own that bajillion dollar West Van mansion, they are actually paying

In 2016 residential school tax rates in West Vancouver are around $1.2/1000 so if their house is 3M they actually pay ~$3600 per year towards schools.

How much of that would a renter directly pay?? $0

You have to be "Eligible" to qualify for MSP coverage. Which means you are a legal resident (or spouse/or child), elderly parents do not qualify, unless they themselves are residents. (yes you can buy your way in, Quebec quota, blah, blah, blah.)

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.