The Decline of Vancouver.

Jan. 9, 2017, 5:29 p.m.

I was told that LNG will save us all and a roast in every oven. What, me worry?

She looks like Alfred E. Neuman.

Thread killer

Jan. 9, 2017, 6:11 p.m.

I can't beleive that dj on the island called her a milf. C'mon, looks like she cuts her own hair.

Jan. 9, 2017, 7:33 p.m.

we used to at least get the cleavage shots but not anymore and I don't know why

Jan. 9, 2017, 7:50 p.m.

She looks like Alfred E. Neuman.

Somebody rep this man. :lol:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 9, 2017, 8:46 p.m.

I payed out my mortgage so then I try to get clear Title which involves getting the lien taken off in BCLT office, after talking to 2 people at the bank it became clear they didn't how to give me the right paper work, apparently its very uncommon … kinda sad

Jan. 16, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

hey heads up in the remote chance you ever pay off your mortgage if you tell your insurance company right away and give them a copy of the banks payout notice they will reimburse you some of your house insurance … got a check for 27$

Jan. 17, 2017, 8:47 a.m.

hey heads up in the remote chance you ever pay off your mortgage if you tell your insurance company right away and give them a copy of the banks payout notice they will reimburse you some of your house insurance … got a check for 27$

Why is that?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 17, 2017, 9:31 a.m.

I would guess that a house with no mortgage has been deemed a better risk for the insurance company by the actuaries

But it does show that its probably a good idea to go over your policy with your insurance company everytime you write that check if something as simple as paying off the mortgage can save 27$

Jan. 17, 2017, 10:29 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cmhc-mortgage-insurance-1.3938943

The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation will charge borrowers a few dollars more every month to insure their mortgages, starting in March.

probably a good idea given the crazy RE markets?

Jan. 18, 2017, 9:01 a.m.

I don't agree with people complaining about their property taxes… Like their property goes up in value by $400k in one year and they complain that they have to pay another few thousand dollars in property taxes. Step back and think about that for a second - someone's net worth just went up $400k in 12 months and they gotta pay (say an extra $4k of property taxes) - they are still up $396k!! I just made those numbers up, but you get what I'm saying.

I do understand that its more of a cashflow issue than anything though - so people should have the option to defer but they should still be charged interest on the amount deferred.

In my post above, I had my mechanics wrong in terms of how property taxes are calculated, but this article is essentially what I was trying to say - worth a read.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/realestateeconomy/b-c-boomers-have-lost-their-moral-authority-to-judge-millennials/

Jan. 18, 2017, 12:14 p.m.

Chinese are fucking up new zealand too

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/07/why-auckland-is-leading-the-worlds-housing-market-boom

Increasingly, not New Zealanders. Foreign investment in Auckland has boomed under the National party government (this is not confined to Auckland). According to Core Logic in 2012, 37% of buyers were investors. Today that proportion is nearly 50%, a significant number of whom are Chinese.

Jan. 18, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

Surprised no one has posted the NY Times article laughing at our Banana Republic.

Jan. 18, 2017, 12:33 p.m.

Surprised no one has posted the NY Times article laughing at our Banana Republic.

Cuz its fake news, unlike real news sources like the People's Daily, the UK Sun and RT.

Jan. 18, 2017, 4:08 p.m.

In my post above, I had my mechanics wrong in terms of how property taxes are calculated, but this article is essentially what I was trying to say - worth a read.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/realestateeconomy/b-c-boomers-have-lost-their-moral-authority-to-judge-millennials/

for every story of a senior worried about staying in their family home, there is a story of a young person unable to find adequate housing and even the odd tale of couples living in vans. In many cases, the seniors defending their entitlement to stay where they have been living for years involves a single person or a couple living in a four- or five-bedroom home. This is not so much about having adequate housing as it is about staying in preferred housing. Being priced out sucks. But seniors get help when they get priced out, while young people who argue that there should be better options for them, even if they don’t have a million dollars, get labelled as entitled.

Precisely.

Jan. 18, 2017, 5:43 p.m.

^^

Seniors vote, and have an active and effective lobby. Millenials, not so much.