The Decline of Vancouver.

Nov. 20, 2016, 12:15 a.m.

It's a shame that women sociopaths can't get by on their psychopathy alone in this day and age.

:lol:

It's that goddamn glass ceiling, man.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 20, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

https://betterdwelling.com/city/vancouver/10-of-homes-being-resold-in-vancouver-have-never-been-lived-in/

I hate to divert attention away from the ALR discussion, because I feel it is a crucial discussion we should all be having right now, but this is interesting too.

:canada: :swiss:

Nov. 20, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

City, province whatever they just have to mandate more rentals in any given development before issuing permits.

The other thing is and don't know whose formula this is but "they" figure 33% of pre tax income is about right for renters. wtf? keep 'em paycheque to paycheque so they're compliant workers?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 20, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

The other thing is and don't know whose formula this is but "they" figure 33% of pre tax income is about right for renters. wtf? keep 'em paycheque to paycheque so they're compliant workers?

Not only compliant workers, but people who are too busy and tired to pay much attention to politics. They spend their time working and worrying, maybe more than one job. No time to care. Voting? What's that?

They are also beholden to the banks, and to their jobs

:canada: :swiss:

Nov. 20, 2016, 7:52 p.m.

ALR taxes should be inversely proportional to farm yield.

A successful farm pays less taxes on the land. An obvious tax shelter gets taxed full-rate or worse.:crybaby:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 20, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

And this is the most frightening part of it all… not a healthy balanced economy by any means.

Softwood lumber trade action isn't going to help matters either.

Real estate represented 1/2 of Canada's GDP growth in 2015 and "Real Estate and Rental and Leasing" is the the single largest sector of the Canadian Economy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/02/canada-real-estate-graph-gdp_n_9360230.html

Nov. 21, 2016, 7:04 a.m.

Real estate represented 1/2 of Canada's GDP growth in 2015 and "Real Estate and Rental and Leasing" is the the single largest sector of the Canadian Economy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/02/canada-real-estate-graph-gdp_n_9360230.html

Noticed 2 houses for sale on my way to the Breamar trailhead yesterday. Both had a sign that said "new price." That was weird.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 21, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

Mr. Gu came to Canada in 2009 under Ottawa’s now-defunct immigrant-investor program, which gave permanent residency to applicants who agreed to lend a significant amount of money to the federal government. He started out here as a developer, but the documents show that his business evolved to buying homes – using other people’s money– and then flipping them. His deals are financed with investor money from China and mortgages issued to those investors by Canadian banks.

Yes!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 22, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/68-affordable-housing-projects-announced-as-part-of-500m-investment-1.3862113

wouldn't it have been cheaper not to get into this situation in the first place?

Nov. 22, 2016, 4:32 p.m.

19 months now, and still in decline. How far til Vancouver hits rock bottom?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 22, 2016, 5:12 p.m.

real estate is still booming here, but we're mostly getting the overflow of people leaving the city (vancouver, calgary, toronto) after selling out or simply first time buyers who realized they'll never afford something where they are living but somehow feel that paying close to half a mil for a shitty old heritage house in a city without many jobs is a good idea :lol:

all the empty lots around me have sold to Calgary buyers in the past couple months…rubbing my hands together in glee and hoping they invite some of their stupid friends over for a BBQ so I can sell my chunk for a nice return after the winter :)

Nov. 22, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/68-affordable-housing-projects-announced-as-part-of-500m-investment-1.3862113

wouldn't it have been cheaper not to get into this situation in the first place?

Here's an idea. Why not build housing that the Middle Class can afford?

Nov. 22, 2016, 8:55 p.m.

The government building anything is only contributing to the problem, with the added benefit of lining more developers pockets.

Policy will fix this, but as long as their biggest contributors pay them to do otherwise, they'll do otherwise.

Nov. 22, 2016, 9:12 p.m.

The government building anything is only contributing to the problem, with the added benefit of lining more developers pockets.

Policy will fix this, but as long as their biggest contributors pay them to do otherwise, they'll do otherwise.

Yep

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Nov. 22, 2016, 9:28 p.m.

Here's an idea. Why not build housing that the Middle Class can afford?

How will we be able to afford it with all the Bullshit carbon taxes being forced down our throats in the near future. Someone has to support the system.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch