The Decline of Vancouver.

Nov. 19, 2016, 5:07 p.m.

As a caucasian, Im not allowed to be up in arms about things of this nature.

Of course you are. This is not a race issue, and I get it that you're probably being facetious, but this is the exact attitude of fear that has allowed this problem to get so bad. I'm white (ya, I said it) but that does not automatically make me racist.

If I can't stand up for my country, for the things I hold dear, and for whatever passes for our Canadian culture, that's a pretty sadstate of affairs. I don't care who is turning our farmland into hotels for their rich buddies, it has to stop. Once the soil is removed or destroyed, there's no getting it back.

I also don't care who is evading taxes and claiming shit they aren't entitled to, on our tax dollars. That needs to stop as well. They are bankrupting our nation in order to enrich themselves and the BC and Fed. Liberals.

:canada: :swiss:

Nov. 19, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

Elections coming up, go vote. If you really want change participate by joining activist groups, unions, associations… internet, facebook does not work. Be a participant not a bystander. Good example of action is the teachers winning at supreme court againts bc libs.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:01 p.m.

Voting ain't gonna help. What this situation needs is pitchforks.

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:02 p.m.

wait what ? i thought agro land had to stay agro land ?

how is this even happening ??

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:18 p.m.

From the article

British Columbia law stipulates that agricultural properties with more than two acres can keep their farm status – and all their tax breaks – as long as they sell just $2,500 worth of farm products a year. That can include Christmas trees or hay to the neighbours. A recent report shows that a quarter of farms in suburban Vancouver meet only those minimum requirements.

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:47 p.m.

Of course you are. This is not a race issue, and I get it that you're probably being facetious, but this is the exact attitude of fear that has allowed this problem to get so bad. I'm white (ya, I said it) but that does not automatically make me racist.

You're both right.

There's a few of us here who've been yelling about this issue for years. In those early days the response was that we were being racist. Fortunately that's gone by the wayside here, and is disappearing in the broader context, but I do think it needs to be brought for the time being.

If I were campaigning against the BC Liberal's, I'd probably do nothing but bring up the fact that international billion dollar property development companies are donating to the BC Liberal Party. I'm at a loss as to how we let that happen.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:08 p.m.

Actually, I'm finding that things like this are turning me into a "racist" when I've never had those thoughts before.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:09 p.m.

wait what ? i thought agro land had to stay agro land ?

how is this even happening ??

It's been happening for a while now 'cause tilt slab construction industrial parks generate more tax revenue than farmland thus funding the mayor of where ever's pet municipal projects.
Really really short sighted.
I drove the 116 for a few wks made me sick to my stomach to see all that rich delta soil being buried under mountains of fill. :(

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:29 p.m.

[ATTACH]11366[/ATTACH]

This is the South Coast part of the annual ALC report for 2014/2015 when Richard Bullock was in charge. He was fired in may 2015 by the Liberal gov't. He believes he was fired because he categorically refused to exclude land from the ALR. You can see from the report that he approved no applications on the South Coast.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:34 p.m.

[ATTACH]11367[/ATTACH]

This is the 2015/2016 report for the South Coast, with the newly appointed Frank Leonard in charge. You can see that he approved 7 outright exclusions, and a total of 20 changes.

I think Mr. Bullock may be onto something with his claim that the Liberals removed him to facilitate removal of lands from the ALR. Much more profitable as investment property than stinkin' useless dirty old farmland. Who needs to eat anyway.

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:37 p.m.

Actually, I'm finding that things like this are turning me into a "racist" when I've never had those thoughts before.

I think a lot of people are finding this to be the case. People have had enough of globalization, and are feeling a bit marginalized in their own countries. That's why the world now has POTUS Trump

Nov. 19, 2016, 7:52 p.m.

Take a trip down 152st past Colebrook Rd, there are 2 monster 20,000+ sqft homes being built side by side. The monster homes are popping up everywere in this area from 64th ave to 40th ave. It's pretty crazy seeing these massive houses being built on designated ALR. But the city of Surrey dosen't really give a damn about preserving it's land or building infastructure, all they want is more housing and development.

Nov. 19, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Take a trip down 152st past Colebrook Rd, there are 2 monster 20,000+ sqft homes being built side by side. The monster homes are popping up everywere in this area from 64th ave to 40th ave. It's pretty crazy seeing these massive houses being built on designated ALR. But the city of Surrey dosen't really give a damn about preserving it's land or building infastructure, all they want is more housing and development.

Same thing is happening here in Langley. Guess how many times our current mayor has voted no to a development application? ZERO! Has voted yes to every single one during his tenure as mayor. What does that tell you? The developers have him in their back pockets. He owns JD Farms on 248th street. Needless to say I boycott that store [HTML_REMOVED] all their products.
Funny how the kids are taught all this eco-freindly stuff in school but it doesn't seem to apply to those who want to make money on really state.

Thread killer

Nov. 19, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

[ATTACH]11367[/ATTACH]

This is the 2015/2016 report for the South Coast, with the newly appointed Frank Leonard in charge. You can see that he approved 7 outright exclusions, and a total of 20 changes.

I think Mr. Bullock may be onto something with his claim that the Liberals removed him to facilitate removal of lands from the ALR. Much more profitable as investment property than stinkin' useless dirty old farmland. Who needs to eat anyway.

Development is the only reason, ok, the big reason BC looks so good on paper compared to other provinces.
That psychopath Crispy Clark has her sights on the PMO fuck everbody/thing else, eh?

Clark went to SFU same time as my wife who remembers her being imperious even then.
I wonder how many blowjobs it took her to work her way up the ladder.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 19, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

I wonder how many blowjobs it took her to work her way up the ladder.

It's a shame that women sociopaths can't get by on their psychopathy alone in this day and age.