The Decline of Vancouver.

Sept. 14, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

If I hear one more story about the refusal to speak/translate to English in various Richmond strat council meetings I'm going to go over there and play whack-a-mole.
:swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing::rave::swearing::swearing::rave::swearing::idea::swearing::swearing::swearing:

:alien:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:13 a.m.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/static/politics/CRA/Statement.pdf

so the feds made some money letting my people in

in any case the word is out that Canada is no longer the place for my people to park money

If they were your people, you'd be living in Shaugnessy.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:14 a.m.

This isn't a race issue its a class issue.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

This isn't a race issue its a class issue.

Agreed 100%.

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

If they were your people, you'd be living in Shaugnessy.

earlier wave, you know back when we were the token yellow people in grade school … now there are only token white people

in any case I am much smarter than you white people

I moved

edit: actualy I think there are whole bunch of furiners with money a lot of whom just happen to be chinese

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

earlier wave, you know back when we were the token yellow people in grade school … now there are only token white people

in any case I am much smarter than you white people

I moved

edit: actualy I think there are whole bunch of furiners with money a lot of whom just happen to be chinese

so your idea/solution is to to say fuck it and move away ?

is there any other part of Canada you'd like to surrender to the chinese ?

ive got a different idea, why dont we do like Australia… STOP selling to foreigners in the first place and in fact make them sell back and GTFO of the local housing market.

Sept. 14, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/static/politics/CRA/Statement.pdf

well I think this^^ is pretty big?

More of the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Sept. 14, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Yeah left Vancouver by choice the first time for work, only went back to Vancouver cuz I had to for work but that first go round taught me there is life beyond Hope

The second time was to get away from the ex-wife, IBM branch office, so the getting away from Vancouver was just a side benifit that became apparent later like right now

So it gets incrementaly better heading east on hy 1 until I cross that bridge on the other side of Hope … it feels so good to be beyond hope!

I do think this is the beginning of the end, for predatory chinese or any other fur-iners so whom can say what will continue to fall to the yellow hoards now that the game is up?

Indonesia is an easy 6-7 hr plane ride from China but unless you got indonesian passport you can't buy land … everything is cheap

Sept. 14, 2016, 12:28 p.m.

The chinese are a very resourceful bunch. I bet they there are businesses being set up that will enable them to purchase properties through proxy canadians/businesses. These will be very hard to find. Plug one leak in the dam and another will appear.

Sept. 14, 2016, 12:42 p.m.

The chinese are a very resourceful bunch. I bet they there are businesses being set up that will enable them to purchase properties through proxy canadians/businesses. These will be very hard to find. Plug one leak in the dam and another will appear.

thats why it has to be black n white…

no citizenship, no purchase… simple as that..

other countries do it for a reason.

Sept. 14, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

yeah an expat american rocket scientist told us you gotta go thru a trust to own property in indonesia which means you don't really own it

he also said "the chinese fuck up everything"

Sept. 14, 2016, 3:47 p.m.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2938596/fort-mcmurray-rebuild-threatened-after-feds-impose-drywall-tariff/?sf35846596=1

The inside scoop…

Canada's only drywall producer complained to the government about the competition coming in from the states, went to court and got the tariff slapped on….they then immediately raised their Canadian drywall prices to match the landed imported drywall cost
We in the industry of buying and using drywall are very unhappy with this Canadian company and rallying to boycott it and hopefully take legal action against these greedy evil bastards.
This is a huge increase to the cost of the job/house.

Sept. 14, 2016, 6:07 p.m.

Mark my racist xenophobic words:. The Chinese have already ruined this place like they have China.

Slight correction.

http://www.news1130.com/2016/09/14/nine-students-own-57m-worth-of-vancouver-property/

Sept. 24, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

well, our illustrious prime minister recently announced that he will be entering discussions with China to put an extradition treaty in place. Since Canada is one of 3 countries without one, we have become a "safe" place to hide corrupt money, namely from China.

My hope is that the mere mention of a potential extradition treaty will be enough to finally spook these money launderers away from using Canada as a mattress, and (best case scenario) cause a panicky sell-off of real estate, thereby crashing our artificially inflated housing market, bringing it down to normal levels where the tax paying citizens can almost afford it again.

Probably wishful thinking.

:canada: :swiss:

Sept. 24, 2016, 9:54 a.m.

In mid-February, a former worker for a Chinese oil equipment company boarded a plane in Canada bound for China.

Chang Zheng was not returning home for a visit. He had been “persuaded to surrender,” Chinese media reported.

His return was a celebrated accomplishment for China, which has scoured the world to haul back people it accuses of corruption. Mr. Chang, who left for Canada in 2011, had been added to China’s list of top-100 most-wanted economic fugitives.

Now, Beijing is pressing Ottawa to make it easier to bring back others like him ….

Canada is a key destination country. Of the top-100 most-wanted for economic crimes, authorities in China believe 26 may be in Canada.

So Canada is home to over 1 out of 4 of China's most-wanted suspected of economic and financial corruption. I doubt any of them are hiding out in St Johns or Saskatoon.

Source Globe and Mail

Does that surprise anyone except Christie Clark, Mike Dejong and Rich "Stop Whining" Coleman?