The Decline of Vancouver.

June 2, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

Lots of relevant info here:

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/vancouver-real-estate-mania.jpg

June 2, 2016, 12:40 p.m.

Great point - that's another big problem with Vancouver, the LACK of decent transportation. In most world class cities (London, NYC, Tokyo, etc.) they have sufficient options so that you can live pretty far outside of the city (in a more affordable area) and still easily commute to work each day. In Vancouver, if you live more than 20km from your job you probably have a min 1 hour commute each way.

Have they ever discussed creating more routes for the West Coast Express? For example, one line straight south through Richmond to White Rock and another through Surrey and to Langley? Would make a lot more sense for someone who works downtown to live in Langley if they could just jump on a train and be downtown in 30 mins.

All the mouth breathers voted against the transit plebiscite…. We only have ourselves (as a collective) to blaim for the shit state of transportation in the outplaying areas of metro Vancouver.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 2, 2016, 1:19 p.m.

The mouth breathers voted against a specific plan for improved public transportation, and not against improved transportation. They also vote against how the method in which the transportation if managed.

Public transportation can still be improved.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 2, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

The mouth breathers voted against a specific plan for improved public transportation, and not against improved transportation. They also vote against how the method in which the transportation if managed.

Public transportation can still be improved.

In not saying it can't be improved but the longer we wait the more it's going to cost us to both construct and time waisted in congestion until it gets built.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 2, 2016, 3:35 p.m.

Not 100% sure if this has been shared in another thread. But it's certainly a crazy highlight on the un-affordability of Van.

[

Rising land value of single family homes made owners about C$25billion in 2015 in Vancouver, exceeding all employment income in the city, according to mathematician Jens von Bergmann

](http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/article/1962014/vancouver-house-owners-made-more-sitting-their-assets-entire)

Edit: the quote is also a link to the article.

June 3, 2016, 9:40 a.m.

http://vancouversun.com/business/real-estate/brace-for-more-housing-shortages-warns-vancouver-real-estate-guru-bob-rennie

June 3, 2016, 10:47 a.m.

http://vancouversun.com/business/real-estate/brace-for-more-housing-shortages-warns-vancouver-real-estate-guru-bob-rennie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Rennie

In business for himself. In short: full of crap.

If supply is the issue, then remove the trillion dollars from mainland China going to Van RE and open up the supply to the local population.

June 3, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

Bob Rennie - Chairman of the BC Liberal fundraising committee.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 3, 2016, 11:27 a.m.

Bob Rennie - Chairman of the BC Liberal fundraising committee.

Always helpful to know the other guys talking points

June 3, 2016, 11:43 a.m.

LOL so some guy with both hands up to the elbows in the RE pie is saying its no problem…

:orly:

yea i'd def. beleive everything hes saying…:nono:

June 3, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

He makes a good point about the boomers though. Huge, largely un-mortgaged assets in an aging demographic.

Sell and downsize reduces availability of entry level / condos.

Die and pass on the inheritance; dumps a tonne of cash a couple rungs down the ladder as well.

The only situation there that does not continue to drive up demand at some level in the market is to cash out of the lower mainland completely.

June 3, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

Jesus.

I knew it was bad, but I really didn't think it was this bad.

“For the Liberals, the housing industry, construction industry, real estate, the liquor industry, energy industry, certainly the mining industry, big forest industry — all gave exceptional amounts of money, and they got exceptional attention,” said Brown, who served as chief of staff to Gordon Campbell.
B.C.’s Liberal deputy premier, Rich Coleman, has denied such corporate donors “buy influence.”

June 3, 2016, 9:08 p.m.

I put in 100km of commuting by bike this week on excellent bike routes weaving through traffic jams. What's the problem? Get out of your f'in cars people! You all used to ride bikes.

June 3, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

Besides self-righteousness, what exactly is the point of your post?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 3, 2016, 9:57 p.m.

Pure self righteousness about the fact that we can afford to live here although not with a millionaires salary and not a penny from our parents or trust fund. Its about choices each one of us make.