The Decline of Vancouver.

April 14, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

if you mid 50s and all of a sudden you got an extra million bux it would be pretty tempting to pull the plug on it.

Mid 40's

April 14, 2016, 10:58 a.m.

so wheres the top? If you have finally come to your senses … when do you bail?

Is there anybody reading this who left and regreted it?

Up here Smithers RE is stalled or slowly going down, terrace RE peaked with the Rio tinto upgrade finishing, hy 37 power line is finished, mining is down, probably no pipelines will get built,times are looking tougher than they did a year ago

good thing I got that million

except its one month at a time eh?

April 14, 2016, 11:35 a.m.

Up here Smithers RE is stalled or slowly going down, terrace RE peaked with the Rio tinto upgrade finishing, hy 37 power line is finished, mining is down, probably no pipelines will get built,times are looking tougher than they did a year ago

hard to pull the pin unless you have a job or enough to cash out. a Million is borderline if you ask me. depends kids/lifestyle and how much you dont like your current gig

April 14, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

Since no one answered my question earlier I'll ask again.

What is the difference between AirBnB and VRBO.com?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 14, 2016, 11:47 a.m.

hard to pull the pin unless you have a job or enough to cash out. a Million is borderline if you ask me. depends kids/lifestyle and how much you dont like your current gig

I totally agree, if you got a million (or in my case a million coming)and a few assets you don't need to work very hard

if at all

April 14, 2016, 12:58 p.m.

Since no one answered my question earlier I'll ask again.

nothing

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 15, 2016, 12:34 a.m.

Bit extreme, but I left 3.5 years ago (to europe)… and moving back in 2 months.

April 15, 2016, 5:22 a.m.

Hey Vancouverites! Are there any publicly traded corporations with massive undiversified exposure to your real estate market that are running along at tip top speed? I want to bet against them with my options account, I'm happy to wager a couple hundred bucks that your bubble is bursting.

April 15, 2016, 7:08 a.m.

Hey Vancouverites! Are there any publicly traded corporations with massive undiversified exposure to your real estate market that are running along at tip top speed? I want to bet against them with my options account, I'm happy to wager a couple hundred bucks that your bubble is bursting.

April 15, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

From a customer point of view, nothing. From the lister there is a bit of a diffrence. VRBO there are fees (listing the unit, etc.). AirBnB is free, like Craigslist. Friends of ours AirBnB their basement suite, if the get a yearly 50% occupancy they make more than if it rented 100%.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

April 15, 2016, 8:29 a.m.

Havent seen all the sold signs around town eh?

Time to go outside and find a new hobby.lol on the mining thing as well

Pastor of Muppets

April 15, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

I'm happy to wager a couple hundred bucks that your bubble is bursting.

When? I don't mean to doubt your crystal ball but I have been hearing this for over 10 years and the news that hedge fund managers were betting against Vancouver RE goes back 3 years.

So are you betting against China?

April 15, 2016, 11:13 a.m.

I see "new price" on a few properties which doesn't sound like a very hot market to me, a person doing the RE apraisers course tells us prices are going down a little

A local bud didn't come from a mine due to an unsafe work place where they were just following the mines act, maybe bruce jack where you work is following good practises but thats not the same as every mine being required to follow rules instead of allowed to make it up as they go

And Mnt polley didn't happen right?

April 15, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

I'm happy to wager a couple hundred bucks that your bubble is bursting.

What time frame and what's the criteria for a burst? I might take that bet…

April 15, 2016, 5:28 p.m.

I see "new price" on a few properties which doesn't sound like a very hot market to me, a person doing the RE apraisers course tells us prices are going down a little

A local bud didn't come from a mine due to an unsafe work place where they were just following the mines act, maybe bruce jack where you work is following good practises but thats not the same as every mine being required to follow rules instead of allowed to make it up as they go

And Mnt polley didn't happen right?

Too bad for your bud. Mt polley happened but not for the reasons the press talks about.

Neither has anything to do with the local economy.

….and lol pipelines. Just because you and your buds are having a hypocritical circle jerk extorting…i mean "protesting" the pipeliners,doesnt mean progress isny being made. Pay attention to the freight coming and going here before your next kumbya session

It's a shame…there could be millions in resource money pouring into this town,but it seems the only cash the local govt is interested in are grants and handouts

Pastor of Muppets