The Decline of Vancouver.

April 12, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

So do we all agree that middle class in the lower mainland is the group that earns between $150,000 and $250,000 a year?

Sounds about right…

April 12, 2016, 8:27 p.m.

Sounds about right…

Not even close … you know you are rich when you park the Lambo and have to drive around in an Audi RS5 so nobody knows you wear $200,000 watches. BTW according to the South China Morning Post, of these folks (investor class immigrants) 39 per cent report no income after 5 years and those that do report an average of $28,000 annual income after 15 years of residence in Canada.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/world/americas/canada-vancouver-chinese-immigrant-wealth.html?_r=1[HTML_REMOVED]mtrref=query.nytimes.com

April 12, 2016, 8:29 p.m.

i figure that before the end of the year there will be nothing left in the city of van, bby or the north shore for under $1 million. to find something for under a million you'll have to be at least 45 minutes out of downtown and most likely south or east of the fraser river.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 12, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

Not even close … you know you are rich when you park the Lambo and have to drive around in an Audi RS5 so nobody knows you wear $200,000 watches. BTW according to the South China Morning Post, of these folks (investor class immigrants) 39 per cent report no income after 5 years and those that do report an average of $28,000 annual income after 15 years of residence in Canada.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/world/americas/canada-vancouver-chinese-immigrant-wealth.html?_r=1[HTML_REMOVED]mtrref=query.nytimes.com

Unfortunately, our province only makes money via property transfer taxes and therefore there is nothing we can do.

On the flipside, you and I can strive to cater to these peoples whims. Sounds like a win-win!

April 12, 2016, 9:51 p.m.

Wow man. What'ya gonna' do? :eek:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 12, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

Unfortunately, our province only makes money via property transfer taxes and therefore there is nothing we can do.

On the flipside, you and I can strive to cater to these peoples whims. Sounds like a win-win!

Yes, I'm in negotiations right now to acquire the Vancouver franchise rights for Chanel designer full-face sun visors as you know the sun is so overpowering here in BC … any surplus can be sold off as welder's helmets given all the capital and infrastructure projects coming to our province.

i figure that before the end of the year there will be nothing left in the city of van, bby or the north shore for under $1 million. to find something for under a million you'll have to be at least 45 minutes out of downtown and most likely south or east of the fraser river.

I have some bad news for you, dude. About 1/2 of those green numbered circles are actual dumpsters.

April 12, 2016, 10 p.m.

Yes, I'm in negotiations right now to acquire the Vancouver franchise rights for Chanel designer full-face sun visors as you know the sun is so overpowering here in BC …

Jokes on you. I've already sourced a Chinese child-sweat shop that's pumping out fake Versayse welding masks and the first shipment is half way over the Pacific now.

I'm going to make thousands. THOUSANDS.

April 13, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

Im glad to see a little more light shone on this, although I think that any action taken will deliberately be too little, too late. This may be ultimately what Christie Clark is blamed/remembered for.

Either surf the wave, gtfo, or drown.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 13, 2016, 10:34 a.m.

I'd be pretty curious to know what sort of fortune Christy has hidden for herself offshore. What a cL1nt.

Wrong. Always.

April 13, 2016, 10:53 a.m.

the amount of boost this has been to the BC economy has got to be pretty high. lots of Reno's and jobs created out of it in a shitty commodity cycle.

tough for a politician to kill the golden goose, even if it is the right thing to do, not to mention all the home owner equity thats been created

April 13, 2016, 11:11 a.m.

This may be ultimately what Christie Clark is blamed/remembered for.

One can only hope.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 13, 2016, 11:13 a.m.

the amount of boost this has been to the BC economy has got to be pretty high. lots of Reno's and jobs created out of it in a shitty commodity cycle.

tough for a politician to kill the golden goose, even if it is the right thing to do, not to mention all the home owner equity thats been created

Banks!

They have the money, will, and power to keep this cycle from stopping. They are making astounding amounts of money off of our huge mortgages, if the gates ever close to foreign buyers, expect the mortgage rates to rise dramatically. They gotta make the money!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 13, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

Either surf the wave, gtfo, or drown.

yup,pretty much all of life is like that…

April 13, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

Banks, Realtors, Trades, all the way to the guy selling BMW's to new rich landed immigrants. then all the money that gets pumped into the economy, the Bankers, realtors trades guys spend their money on shit.

Gotta think BC would be pretty hurtin right now if real estate market had went the other way. just look one province east. Long term it probably does just as much damage, but what politician ever looked long term

April 13, 2016, 11:36 a.m.

Ride the wave but be ready when it stops. Your book net worth is only good in books and doesn't mean much. I always find it funny when a bank rep starts fluffing people up about their net worth and how rich you are.. You always need real cash and there is no such thing as good dept. CASH IS KING

http://www.epiccyclist.com/