The Decline of Vancouver.

Dec. 19, 2021, 11:05 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: Adam-West

Canada keeps bringing in immigrants, which as a former immigrant this has me perplexed cause on the one hand I feel like the countrys full (as evidenced by you housing starts and the exorbitant prices the limited amount of housing that does exist is renting and selling for) and on the other hand... nah, thats kinda it. we should probably stop trying to increase the population in a place where shits fucking full man.

We have to bring in immigrants because our generation isn't having enough kids so there won't be enough people working to pay the federal pensions.

this ^^ it was very normal for the boomers to all have 2 or 3 siblings, mom didn't work and there was A family car, none of which happens much now days

We didnt need them furiners, in my gradeschool year book for westridge elementry, there was one AZN kid and one EI family

and i really wasnt very azn

No c'mon, we just tax corporations and the rich properly.

Dec. 21, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

No c'mon, we just tax corporations and the rich properly.

No, that would be communism, don't you know 2 billion people starved to death under communism in vuvuzela?

Dec. 21, 2021, 3:08 p.m.

I'm betting if i went back to westridge elementry  the class would be full of AZN's  there would be one white kid

Dec. 27, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/does-georgism-work-part-2-can-landlords

Jan. 3, 2022, 10:23 a.m.

Wooo 43% increase! pretty much no matter what happens I'll be ahead on the mortgage, I really can't see prices tumbling down that much.

Jan. 3, 2022, 11:40 a.m.

Wooo 43% increase! pretty much no matter what happens I'll be ahead on the mortgage, I really can't see prices tumbling down that much.

Peasant life here in N.Van with only a 22% increase.

Jan. 3, 2022, 11:41 a.m.

your 22% increase is probably worth more than my entire house.

Jan. 6, 2022, 2:30 p.m.

A realtor came and knocked on my front door last fall saying he had a buyer lined up for my place which is total BS. He asked if was interested in selling so I said yes, gave him a number that was twice my place was worth. He was all confused, I said why would I sell? So I can compete with everyone blind bidding, be homeless? Then let him know I thought the realtor industry. What a wanker

Last edited by: bux-bux on Jan. 6, 2022, 2:33 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 6, 2022, 9:27 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

A realtor came and knocked on my front door last fall saying he had a buyer lined up for my place which is total BS. He asked if was interested in selling so I said yes, gave him a number that was twice my place was worth. He was all confused, I said why would I sell? So I can compete with everyone blind bidding, be homeless? Then let him know I thought the realtor industry. What a wanker

I've heard many people say "I could sell my house but where would I buy locally?"

Jan. 7, 2022, 8:51 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I've heard many people say "I could sell my house but where would I buy locally?"

Exactly... Then spend 1/2 years on rent trying to find the right place? No thanks. A coworker is in this situation, there is nothing out there.

Jan. 7, 2022, 10:03 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Exactly... Then spend 1/2 years on rent trying to find the right place? No thanks. A coworker is in this situation, there is nothing out there.

It's a messed up situation when you can sell a house for 2+ million and have to consider a condo as your main option. Nothing against condos other than lack of your own yard which is big for most of us.

Come on lottery! Wheeee

Jan. 7, 2022, 10:04 a.m.

Or y'all could gtfo of Vancouver?

Jan. 7, 2022, 10:20 a.m.

Worldwide pandemic and Vancouver home sales hit record high last year.

Only way things will get fixed is for interest rates to go up to where they should be.  Unfortunately that would induce a huge amount of hurt for a lot of people.

Jan. 7, 2022, 10:26 a.m.

I might be a bit daft, but I just got a new mortgage for 5 years, and if interest rates rise to like 80's levels can the bank raise my interest rate or is it only for new mortgages?

I feel like they can't but probably would cause the little guy always gets fucked.

Jan. 7, 2022, 10:36 a.m.

I might be a bit daft, but I just got a new mortgage for 5 years, and if interest rates rise to like 80's levels can the bank raise my interest rate or is it only for new mortgages?

I feel like they can't but probably would cause the little guy always gets fucked.

depends if it's a fixed or variable rate.  The Fed makes sure interest rates are as low as possible and I don't think it will ever go to 80's level as 90% of the mortgages out there will go into foreclosure.  The financial experts are saying some interest rate hikes in 2022 and possible 2023 to fight inflation but they aren't going up 15%.