The Decline of Vancouver.

April 4, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

it sounds like the biking is still great on the north shore its all the rest of living in greater Vangroovy that has driven people to leave

The north shore might be where it all started but when people left over the years they brought mtn biking with them to where ever they moved OR people visited the shore and copied what you all were doing

April 4, 2016, 11:53 a.m.

north shore riding is good but best on the planet?? it's not even the best in BC… or maybe you are being sarcastic?

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 4, 2016, 11:55 a.m.

At least Free Tibet stickers went out of style a few years ago, nothing worse than seeing those on the back of a $50k luxury car

Free Tibet! With purchase of another Tibet of equal or greater value….

I guess everyone is moving away, not a soul on the no Quarter climb yesterday aft. One rider spotted on Oil can/ penzoil decent.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

April 4, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

not being sarcastic… just my experience. Your enjoyment of trails maybe different than mine. Can't think of any other place for easier access as well… paved roads for two mountains.

:canada:

April 4, 2016, 12:32 p.m.

It's now the waiting game. Who can outlast the others to ride "The Shore" in peace and harmony when everyone else has fled to greener pastures?

Regarding access to PR - Float, fly or fuck your way in-n-outta there. As the Lower Coast gets busier PR gets less accessible for weekenders.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 4, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

it sounds like the biking is still great on the north shore its all the rest of living in greater Vangroovy that has driven people to leave

The north shore might be where it all started but when people left over the years they brought mtn biking with them to where ever they moved OR people visited the shore and copied what you all were doing

How insightful. Too bad it's completely wrong.

Who cares where is the best. You're out on your bike, and it doesn't get much better than that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 4, 2016, 1:14 p.m.

which part?

did people not bring their mtn bikes when they left north van?

Are people not leaving Vancover becuz it is percieved as unlivable?

jerry said it was better on the NS I didn't say anything was better
I said mtn biking was everywhere, I said there was a style of mtn biking
(which may or may not have changed?)that people copied from what they
rode on the NS

actualy riders didn't even need to visit [HTML_REMOVED] ride the shore, they could
just go to the LBS, buy one of them videos of Wade being a
lawndart … go break some bones

I'm sitting at a bar you are probably at work

we r not on bikes we r looking at screens

April 4, 2016, 2:04 p.m.

north shore riding is good but best on the planet?? it's not even the best in BC… or maybe you are being sarcastic?

Not to derail the thread but I would tend to agree that the overall experience is the best you can get anywhere, probably in the world.

Where else do you have 3 distinctly different mountains all within a 20 minute drive, as well as places like Squamish, whistler valley and park, as well as pemby within 2 hours to the north, and SFU, eagle, Burke, wood lot, Ledgeview, bear, red, sumas, and vedder all [HTML_REMOVED]2 hrs east? Don't forget about the island, SSCand Bellingham for that matter.

I can't think of anywhere else on the planet where there are so many world class riding locations all crammed into a 300km radius.

So yeah, it's pretty good.

April 4, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Not gona argue whats best because apparently one shouldn't care as long as they are out on their bike

but not too many kids here anymore (on NSMB) and it sounds like the quality of life has trumped good mtn biking and people are leaving ?

April 4, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

which part?

did people not bring their mtn bikes when they left north van?

Are people not leaving Vancover becuz it is percieved as unlivable?

jerry said it was better on the NS I didn't say anything was better
I said mtn biking was everywhere, I said there was a style of mtn biking
(which may or may not have changed?)that people copied from what they
rode on the NS

actualy riders didn't even need to visit [HTML_REMOVED] ride the shore, they could
just go to the LBS, buy one of them videos of Wade being a
lawndart … go break some bones

we r not on bikes we r looking at screens

I'm out biking. Nice, sunny day at the junction here in "Vangrooovy".

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 4, 2016, 3:33 p.m.

It's now the waiting game. Who can outlast the others to ride "The Shore" in peace and harmony when everyone else has fled to greener pastures?

Lets set the bar high - all who aren't 2nd or 3rd generation are now automatically "new a-holes who are ruining everything".

I'm riding my bike … up a climbing wall … on a bar patio … that I skied to … after BASE-jumping off a vertical cliff face … that I ice-climbed

April 4, 2016, 4:46 p.m.

I'm out biking. Nice, sunny day at the junction here in "Vangrooovy".

Albeit 'twas a lil chilly if you weren't in the sun with the wind right now.

Lets set the bar high - all who aren't 2nd or 3rd generation are now automatically "new a-holes who are ruining everything".

I'm riding my bike … up a climbing wall … on a bar patio … that I skied to … after BASE-jumping off a vertical cliff face … that I ice-climbed

Damn, you're like the Point Break Remake!

Had one person pass me on a climb this afternoon. Saw a dog walker at the very end.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 4, 2016, 4:53 p.m.

Albeit 'twas a lil chilly if you weren't in the sun with the wind right now.

Definitely chilly, but much better now that the monsoon season is over.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

April 4, 2016, 6:11 p.m.

Time to move to Sooke!

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

April 4, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

Time to move to Sooke!

Sooke isn't bad, but I'm going back to Comox or Campbell River when I'm at the point to collect my pension. Real estate isn't cheap, but it's better than the mainland and Alberta. Riding is incredible, and it's nowhere near as busy as the south Island.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.