The Decline of Vancouver.

Aug. 27, 2016, 1:46 p.m.

history not diary, that was 75 yrs ago, both parents were teenagers in a war zone and it was a little rougher than say your Iphone not working

Aug. 27, 2016, 1:54 p.m.

i had to look it up actually. not a pleasant read at all.

not to sound flippant. but is that the history of the dislike? is there more to it at all?

At the core it's not about nanking. its the fact that, to the Chinese, The Japanese are actually Chinese people who did the unthinkable and left to form another country and culture. That kind of betrayal cant be forgiven.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 27, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

To the chineses everyone in east asia is chineseā€¦

At the core it's not about nanking. its the fact that, to the Chinese, The Japanese are actually Chinese people who did the unthinkable and left to form another country and culture. That kind of betrayal cant be forgiven.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Aug. 27, 2016, 3:02 p.m.

And then there are the Chinese who think they're their own separate branch of evolution different from (superior to?) other asians.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 27, 2016, 3:37 p.m.

both parents were teenagers in a war zone and it was a little rougher than say your Iphone not working

:lol:

Aug. 27, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

not to sound flippant. but is that the history of the dislike? is there more to it at all?

Pretty much the tendency of the Japanese to capture chinese women whenever rhey raided the mainland and use them as "comfort women" has a lot to do with the dislike.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 29, 2016, 4:50 p.m.

More racism.

Aug. 30, 2016, 9:57 a.m.

Check out the new parking lot planned between Richmond and Delta. Part of it will be suspended above the Fraser River! The LM needs more traffic lanes - yeah, that's the ticket.

Aug. 30, 2016, 12:54 p.m.

Looks like Canada's about to crash: http://seekingalpha.com/article/4002930-fear-spreads-housing-crash-canada

At least according to this guy.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Aug. 30, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

Check out the new parking lot planned between Richmond and Delta. Part of it will be suspended above the Fraser River!

And it's going to be pay parking to boot.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 30, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

I dont understand how the provincial government and the civic government of the provinces largest city can be so far apart on a vision for the region.

This province desperately needs leadership and a unanimous sense of direction.

Were stamping out automobile use in DT Vancouver, and yet were building 12 lane bridges to Ladner.

Were aiming to be the greenest city by 2020, yet were encouraging suburban sprawl and long commute times.

We need to get onboard for a vision that most of us can agree on, or this will continue to be a mismanaged hodgepodge full of multi billion dollar pet projects.

Come on people, its our freaking money!

Aug. 30, 2016, 2:52 p.m.

I dont understand how the provincial government and the civic government of the provinces largest city can be so far apart on a vision for the region.

This province desperately needs leadership and a unanimous sense of direction.

Were stamping out automobile use in DT Vancouver, and yet were building 12 lane bridges to Ladner.

Were aiming to be the greenest city by 2020, yet were encouraging suburban sprawl and long commute times.

We need to get onboard for a vision that most of us can agree on, or this will continue to be a mismanaged hodgepodge full of multi billion dollar pet projects.

Come on people, its our freaking money!

Remember the transit tax referendum? "No" was clear defacto support of this polar provincial - municipal problem you're (legitimately) complaining about. I'm not suggesting there weren't serious issues, but the whole tax and it's plan was at least a big step forwards, albeit a shitty one, towards connecting the region via mass transit.

Full Referendums should be tools to resolve political existential issues. Like resolving the Charter of Rights. Not for taxes or transit plans. By getting a "No" we've torpedoed any major long term regionally coordinated plan, leaving only projects like this giant as bridge and the like as a options for the next 5-10 years. :(

Aug. 30, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

Ian Young's latest article paints a pretty terrifying picture:

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2008684/canadas-tax-agency-out-blood-not-global-income

Aug. 30, 2016, 3:12 p.m.

Billion dollar multi-national property developers give money to the BC Liberal's. I suspect there are infrastructure builders in there too.

It's pretty cut and dry from where I sit.

Aug. 30, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

Ian Young's latest article paints a pretty terrifying picture:

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2008684/canadas-tax-agency-out-blood-not-global-income

Yeah.. so at this point I think it's time we bring out the guillotines.

What a bunch of scum sucking vermin.

Stephen, Justin, what's the fucking difference.