The decline of forums

Feb. 16, 2017, 9:02 a.m.

Search "Tropikiwi ruined my life" on here.

She-it Ticklebox beat me to it

If you need an info overload on a specific bike or component mtbr is useful. I don't check out any non-riding stuff there though.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 16, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

Search "Tropikiwi ruined my life" on here.

She-it Ticklebox beat me to it

If you need an info overload on a specific bike or component mtbr is useful. I don't check out any non-riding stuff there though.

Can't find Tropikiwi. Deleted maybe?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/239662-The-Gaper-Spirit-Animal

The best part of this thread is they spotted this guy in Whistler which made it extra special.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 16, 2017, 9:34 a.m.

I have a copy of this at home, I got it in 2009 as a freebie.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Want-Everyone-Facebook-American/dp/B00YCMP6BK

I read it last weekend, the reality of it depressing and anger making…

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Feb. 16, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

I retrieved my login for myspace. Had not used it in 10 years probably.
Wow does it suck.

I dropped FB a few years back, just miss one group I was on. The rest is fluff and
slacktivism at it's finest.

I don't find this board too negative, everyone has opinions. If you wanna see nasty read the comments on CBC. I just wish it was more comical threads like some of the threads on TetonGravity. This place does have it's moments tho.

A classic:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/35651-The-Pantsuit-Effect-A-Trip-Report

I dropped FB a few years ago too and I don't miss it, but there are times that it would be handy to still have kept my account.

I grew up in a house where we argued over everything including politics and everyone has wildly varying opinions, so I like the bickering in this sub. The other option is an echo chamber. I like to hear what people that don't agree with me think. Even you Tungsten. :)

NBR is definitely not as active or as fun as it used to be, but this is still my go to for hive mind knowledge.

In conclusion, the plane can't take off and anyone that thinks it can is an ignorant wanker.

Feb. 16, 2017, 10:47 a.m.

I like to hear what people that don't agree with me think. .

Exactly. Maybe im wrong.

Cam, you mentioned forum changes coming… sneak peek?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 16, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

Things I've noticed:
-no Affliction wearing gangbangers anymore. Is drug dealing now passe with the new generation
-the lightest bike buildoff peaked my interest on here (remember that dude with rhe sub 30 pound aluminum session?) and now its gone. Carbon parts have taken the fun out of tinkering imo.
-Facebook does suck now, all political
-Anyone can be famous with a decent Instagram account and some extra money to buy followers.
-People are rejecting technology (3D Television anyone?). Also Nokia is re-releasing their old 5530 or whatever its called due to demand.

Feb. 16, 2017, 11:14 a.m.

I dropped FB a few years ago too and I don't miss it, but there are times that it would be handy to still have kept my account.

I grew up in a house where we argued over everything including politics and everyone has wildly varying opinions, so I like the bickering in this sub. The other option is an echo chamber. I like to hear what people that don't agree with me think. Even you Tungsten. :)

I really liked the "Severed intersection people should slow down" thread. It was heated but also a good laugh. Emotion is great as long as we don't step over the line with personal attacks and that appears to be norm here….

I really like it here, gear talk is always good, and the more comedy the better.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 16, 2017, 11:16 a.m.

There is a trove of amazing technical information shared on forums if you spend the time looking, reading and digging.

I am thankful of those that share their build projects and technical information online. But you only get out what you put in, so remember to give back and make some quality posts of your own.

You're never going to change someone's political/social view arguing on the internet so why bother wasting the time. You're likely receive a useless meme to your well researched.

Feb. 16, 2017, 11:22 a.m.

There is a trove of amazing technical information shared on forums if you spend the time looking, reading and digging.

I am thankful of those that share their build projects and technical information online. But you only get out what you put in, so remember to give back and make some quality posts of your own.

You're never going to change someone's political/social view arguing on the internet so why bother wasting the time. You're likely receive a useless meme to your well researched.

Why is this true?

We need a giant reset in the West. Education is failing us tremendously.

People need to learn how to be person/human. Critical thinking, etc.

Feb. 16, 2017, 11:47 a.m.

Why is this true?

I don't know why it's true. I have no idea how to change it.

Feb. 16, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

When the posts are mainly politics now and the ones that aren't degrade into political debate what's the point. Used to be fun and games here in good old NBR.

The few other forums I have have time to visit are still doing fine.

viperfunk.com

Feb. 16, 2017, 3:21 p.m.

-Facebook does suck now, all political

Yes. Had a friend there get all upset that I removed her FB page. Emailed all upset. She didn't like that I did it because her personal FB page had become nothing but propaganda supporting the Liberal Party,

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 16, 2017, 3:24 p.m.

Speaking of projects. Any new frame projects you been doing Shirk?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 16, 2017, 3:31 p.m.

Why is this true?

Educated people are failing us tremendously. No critical thinking, no learning to person by taking responsibility.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-forgive-student-loans-again-1.3982728

Feb. 16, 2017, 4:03 p.m.

things i noticed:

forums that were mainly for daily entertainment like NSMB are on a long decline, thats happening on social media now

special interest forums where you can find knowledge and ask stuff are still quite popular