The Decline of Camping ....

July 5, 2016, 12:54 p.m.

Much riding good to go up there?

pretty much everything, although Eldorado might still be holding some on the hike to Lick…Ridge-O-Rama was minty though

July 5, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

i don't understand why they don't have campgrounds at seymour or cypress.

Why? Porteau Cove is only 5 mins away.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 5, 2016, 1:18 p.m.

pretty much everything, although Eldorado might still be holding some on the hike to Lick…Ridge-O-Rama was minty though

I really need to get there and solo some stuff around that area.

Like Warren Miller said; "If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older when you finally do do it."

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 5, 2016, 3:14 p.m.

Why don't you post on the awesome stuff thread. Fucking holding out on us.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 5, 2016, 5:04 p.m.

Having tried recently to book a campsite, I despise what this guy is doing.

"They only want to camp from Mid-May to Mid-October".

Go figure.

This thread should be renamed "The Decline of Camping ….". Our children will never be able to camp because of these assholes.

July 5, 2016, 5:48 p.m.

fucking sweet!

July 5, 2016, 5:55 p.m.

For really popular campgrounds, I've heard a lot of people say they will book the max two weeks just to get a weekend at the end of that window. Then they modify their reservation later to get rid of the days they don't want, which only costs $6 if you do it at least a week before the first reserved night. The unused nights open up for others, but it screws up long term vacation planning for everyone.

It took me five mornings in a row last year to finally manage to book four nights at Rathrevor.

…on the other hand, it's made it so I've been able to stay at BC Parks campgrounds a the last minute instead of booking MONTHS in advance, something I'm just not going to do for "camping".

July 5, 2016, 10:05 p.m.

lots of free forest rec sites out there, used a couple this weekend up in the Chilcotin

Spent the last few weeks round the island and lower BC hitting up plenty of free rec sites. Had to rumble the old dodge caravan down some rough roads to get to some, but man. We had some absolute beauty spots all to ourselves!

July 5, 2016, 11:14 p.m.

camping in campgrounds..? …… lame.

Mattresses and rando Y-Junctions make way better places for extended stays

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 6, 2016, 9:38 a.m.

This thread should be renamed "The Decline of Camping ….". Our children will never be able to camp because of these assholes.

Who cares though.

Were all leaving anyway.

Right?

July 6, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Took rafts [HTML_REMOVED] ww kayaks into the Bulkley Canyon for an overnighter … didn't hear or see anyone

July 6, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

Who cares though.

Were all leaving anyway.

Right?

Or you may actually end up living in a tent because you can't afford a place to live in.

July 7, 2016, 6:42 a.m.

Mattresses and rando Y-Junctions make way better places for extended stays

i will leave my massive black tarp up there for you

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

July 7, 2016, 11:56 a.m.

I just got back from a few days in a Provincial Park with the family, it was pretty sweet.

I believe what they are actually doing is against the terms and conditions of the service but it is a bit of a grey area. You are technically allowed to book for other people in your party but the sites are non-transferable. How they enforce that part is anyone's guess.

There are some loopholes in the system that are obviously solvable but anywhere prices are below what supply and demand dictates is going to result in a secondary market (yes, I understand why that is the case and no, I don't think it is right). If the concert ticket / sporting event industry cannot solve this problem with their vast resources I am going to suggest that it will be even harder for BC Parks to.

July 7, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

i will leave my massive black tarp up there for you

So fancy.

You're a pussy if you use anything better than Tuck-taped together Tyvek scrounged from job sites.