The Decline of Camping ....

July 3, 2016, 1:16 p.m.

Who in their right mind wants to camp in your woods? You got bears, cougars, skunks and rednecks worrying about their gun ownership. Wtf….

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 3, 2016, 2:24 p.m.

We don't worry about bears out skunks or cougars as they are sensible.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 3, 2016, 3:06 p.m.

Who in their right mind wants to camp in your woods? You got bears, cougars, skunks and rednecks worrying about their gun ownership. Wtf….

Im pretty sure Zed doesn't go further in the woods than throwing a beercan from the truck.

July 4, 2016, 5:48 p.m.

Having tried recently to book a campsite, I despise what this guy is doing.

"They only want to camp from Mid-May to Mid-October".

Go figure.

July 4, 2016, 9:29 p.m.

Just spent the weekend camping in eastern Nevada. It's actually a nice area, at least compared to the asshole of creation that makes up the rest of this state. A few differences I noticed vs camping in BC parks:

There were a few sites that could be reserved, but most was first come first served.

It was only $15/night (17 for non-nevada residents at the state park we spent one night in)

Even on fourth of July long weekend, we were able to get into nice sites when checking in mid-afternoon on Saturday and Sunday

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

July 4, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

What annoys the fuck out of me is when reserved camp sites sit empty. If you arent gunna show up on the first night of your reservation you should lose the entire thing. Fuck you.

Problem is people are having to book 3 months in advance and fight with other people online early in the morning to maybe get a spot at your favourite provincial campground. It is worth trying to book a day or two in advance to make sure you get your spot (or preferred etc). If you wait until -3 months to the exact day you are looking for it might all be booked and you are SOL.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 4, 2016, 10:08 p.m.

well isn't this yet another topic that has my gnashing my teeth and wringing my hands. what a bunch of fucking pricks eh. sometimes i wish i was mercenary enough in my personal profit motive to find a way to exploit, oh, anything like these douchbags do….

July 5, 2016, 2:41 a.m.

Im pretty sure Zed doesn't go further in the woods than throwing a beercan from the truck.

But, but…he does have a gun tho.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 5, 2016, 6:07 a.m.

Problem is people are having to book 3 months in advance and fight with other people online early in the morning to maybe get a spot at your favourite provincial campground. It is worth trying to book a day or two in advance to make sure you get your spot (or preferred etc). If you wait until -3 months to the exact day you are looking for it might all be booked and you are SOL.

yeah but then like 1 out of 4 sit empty and everyone else gets deprived of the best camp sites. which i feel is a net loss.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 5, 2016, 6:20 a.m.

camping in campgrounds..? …… lame.

July 5, 2016, 6:38 a.m.

i don't understand why they don't have campgrounds at seymour or cypress.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 5, 2016, 7:09 a.m.

i don't understand why they don't have campgrounds at seymour or cypress.

There's camping in Stanley Park and the Endowment Lands. Not making light of things - just sayin'.

July 5, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

For really popular campgrounds, I've heard a lot of people say they will book the max two weeks just to get a weekend at the end of that window. Then they modify their reservation later to get rid of the days they don't want, which only costs $6 if you do it at least a week before the first reserved night. The unused nights open up for others, but it screws up long term vacation planning for everyone.

It took me five mornings in a row last year to finally manage to book four nights at Rathrevor.

July 5, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

lots of free forest rec sites out there, used a couple this weekend up in the Chilcotin

July 5, 2016, 11:46 a.m.

lots of free forest rec sites out there, used a couple this weekend up in the Chilcotin

Much riding good to go up there?