The conspiracy theory tinfoil-hatter thread!

July 24, 2012, 11:44 a.m.

Tungsten you're doing it wrong, and I didn't even have to open your video to know
that.

Why don't you start a political thread and post that shit there?

Smart meters will kill us all, and I can prove it because I have links to rambling, pointless articles that ignore sciences and are filled with hyperbole (aka counterpunch).

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 24, 2012, 11:46 a.m.

i do not think they will harm us, but they do hurt my pocket book. My bills have gone up 100 percent even though me and the wife are being turning off breakers when we leave and things like that. So not sure what is wrong with that. and BC hydro wants to charge me 100 bucks to come look at it.

Builder of Little Bastard

July 24, 2012, 11:50 a.m.

Software Blu-Ray players for watching Blu-ray discs on a PC or Mac. I've tried several of them, and none of them work properly. Some have problems with various Blu-Ray encoding schemes, some have problems with ongoing changes to Blu-Ray copy protection/DRM, some have problems with video device drivers. No major computer systems vendor hardware or software (including Microsoft, Apple and all the major software vendors), seems to have purchased the licensing to Blu-Ray codecs. Why? What is "the Man" trying to hide?

July 24, 2012, 11:57 a.m.

I recently bought a tub of peanut butter that was made of peanut butter coloured opaque plastic. What happened to the clear plastic tub? How am I to know the peanut butter is peanut butter coloured before I buy it?

Why has the man hidden the peanut butter from me with what must be toxic die processed in an autocratic non union factory?

July 24, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

I've run into bear problems on the last 3 jobsites I've been to. I'm pretty sure they were wearing lasers and gopros.

The man might be trying to watch me poop me pants.

Pastor of Muppets

July 24, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

we're all gonna die!

July 24, 2012, 12:04 p.m.

MKUltra
Area 51
Southern Cone

….I'm a believer :banned:

DS

"I'm addicted to surfing."

July 24, 2012, 12:05 p.m.

MKUltra
Area 51
Southern Cone

….I'm a believer :banned:

DS

Beware the Black Oil.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 24, 2012, 12:08 p.m.

I took my dog for a walk in the rain today. I saw through my neighbors window (accidentally, I'm not a creep. Promise.) that there was a thunderstorm warning. Because I know the weather network is intrinsically tied to the military, through backroom connections, and I'm pretty sure that the defense department works with the US government, I am reasonably assured that they were testing a weather altering weapon overhead. Fact.

July 24, 2012, 12:08 p.m.

Arizona, a state known for it's strong stance against foreigners is overcome by a giant dust storm call a "haboob". Innocent weather phenomenon or Al Qaeda plot to wipe out the cultural stronghold of America?? Many claim Haboob entered through Canada.

July 24, 2012, 12:28 p.m.

Arizona, a state known for it's strong stance against foreigners is overcome by a giant dust storm call a "haboob". Innocent weather phenomenon or Al Qaeda plot to wipe out the cultural stronghold of America?? Many claim Haboob entered through Canada.

Dude … you need to start a "Haboobs" thread for this post.

July 24, 2012, 12:30 p.m.

The shore is being dumbed down so cheap people don't have to buy proper bikes or gear.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

July 24, 2012, 12:32 p.m.

Haboob, will travel.

Kn.

July 24, 2012, 12:34 p.m.

no boobs after all. why?

July 24, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

i do not think they will harm us, but they do hurt my pocket book. My bills have gone up 100 percent even though me and the wife are being turning off breakers when we leave and things like that. So not sure what is wrong with that. and BC hydro wants to charge me 100 bucks to come look at it.

Okay, a couple things …

1. It's possible that your new meter is mis-calibrated. They've installed a couple million now and found like one or two that were out of cal. Probability is working against you on that one.

2. It's somewhat more likely that your old analog meter was out of calibration. Older measurement methods plus equipment that's been in service for a long time equals probably drift in calibration. So it is actually possible that you've spent several years getting billed for less than actual consumption.

3. You can check #1 fairly easily. Find a time when you can shut off all the power to the house. Make sure nothing in the house that will be affected by an outage (don't be in the middle of burning the latest Justin Bieber CD, eg.). Then, shut off the main incoming breaker in your electrical panel. Go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside to your meter and watch. Is it incrementing/adding power usage? Then you know you have a bad meter. Switch power back on, call BCH.

4. I recommend (and will be getting for myself) purchasing the Blueline power monitor that can be attached to your smart meter for reading your power usage. This will give you a little display inside the house for instant feedback on power use. Turn on a 100W light? You should see your power draw go up by 100W. If you turn the light on and see it jump by 200W then again, you know there's a calibration problem. These meters are a great way to get instant feedback on your consuming habits. Most people that get them see their power bill drop by 15% or more just because instant feedback means instant understanding of what is costing you money. A hundred bucks well spent, IMO.

http://www.aartech.ca/powercost-monitor.html

Kn.