The Camper, Trailer or Adventure Vehicle Thread

Jan. 3, 2017, 9:21 a.m.

Made his roof rack out of a rack from his grandmothers oven?

http://www.powder.com/stories/interviews/car-camping-in-a-saab/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 3, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

^^^ now that, to me, is truly a non boring transportation appliance :)

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 4, 2017, 3:25 a.m.

Made his roof rack out of a rack from his grandmothers oven?

http://www.powder.com/stories/interviews/car-camping-in-a-saab/

Thanks for sharing that one! I have never skiied, but I found out that with other outdoor folks it is more or less the same, I had some great moments down in Italy with fellow riders and rockclimbers.

Sure, there are dickheads but if open towards other people a lot of folks return the openess.

By the way my own (temporary) set-up for my Touran. It needs some refinement but works alright.

Basically two plywood boards which are attached to each other at the end of the day, both front seats have to be pushed forward as far as possible.

Leaves a space of 2 mtrs. Camping chairs, table and food in a box go below. Behind the seats I store the luggage and water.

Definitely cheaper than the set-up I could buy for this car.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:13 p.m.

Good stuff Mic

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:34 p.m.

Saw a quad cab Syncro Wagon with canopy heading up to Cypress a few weeks back.

Seeing a lot of 4x4 Sprinters as of late

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:42 p.m.

Saw a quad cab Syncro Wagon with canopy heading up to Cypress a few weeks back.

Seeing a lot of 4x4 Sprinters as of late

Instagram superstar bundles of wood.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 11, 2017, 2:58 p.m.

New Nissan Patrol AUS edition.

NA gets the watered down Armada. :(. Least they could've done was throw the Cummins 5.0L in it.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 12, 2017, 11:44 a.m.

Does anyone of you have a truck with a detachable caravan "box" thingy for the bed? Is it worth the money? Last year I saw quite a few nice set-ups and all in all such a set up seems to be more versatile than a VW bus or caravan.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 12, 2017, 3:36 p.m.

Does anyone of you have a truck with a detachable caravan "box" thingy for the bed? Is it worth the money? Last year I saw quite a few nice set-ups and all in all such a set up seems to be more versatile than a VW bus or caravan.

I think your are referring to a roof top tent , Tepui sells them along with many other companies .

http://tepuitents.com/collections/roof-top-tents

guys adapt them to fit trailers , pick-up boxes etc .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 12, 2017, 4:58 p.m.

Or maybe a camper?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 12, 2017, 9:19 p.m.

I had a pick up and camper, sold both..worst decision ever….aiming to get one again. Best set up for my needs hands down. You can even get jack set ups so you can safely leave the camper at the site while you drive the truck around.

….to think i could be parked in some ski hill parking lot right now living the life in the old camper……

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 13, 2017, 7:36 a.m.

http://www.alaskancamper.com/

I would love one of these.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:10 a.m.

yeah those are nice , I myself like the Van set-up , gonna reno ours once it unthaws , I like the ability to park and be setup with out leaving the Van . Plus with the reno I will have the ability to haul 3 bikes inside the van out of site .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

I'm pretty excited at what a roof top basket paired with my canopy will afford me in terms of adventure versatility. A roof top tent is almost a certainty at this point. Rocky Mountain Tents support our local trail society...

Jan. 14, 2017, 3:40 a.m.

Yes, I was thinking of a camper. Apologies for my English.

I had a pick up and camper, sold both..worst decision ever….aiming to get one again. Best set up for my needs hands down. You can even get jack set ups so you can safely leave the camper at the site while you drive the truck around.

….to think i could be parked in some ski hill parking lot right now living the life in the old camper……

The only issue is the money. In the long run I need a new/used car and along with a camper that would be quite a sum all in all.

But I am living in a small and inexpensive flat right now and do not plan on changing that anytime the next years. So I am basically in a good position. A few things need to be sorted out the coming year, but overall pretty stoked on

And then…all holidays….off to the good stuff.

In this respect my various trips last year really opened my eyes.

- Kristen Ulmer