the best pepperoni pizza?

April 18, 2015, 9:53 p.m.

Beethovens pepperoni and cheese sub (not pizza) Splinky. Do. It.

April 18, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

Funny story. I think the husband ran off and the wife is running it now. Appadrently he took the square pans they used to use.

So, that's why they say "Divorce is Hell".

April 18, 2015, 10:53 p.m.

Ever since getting the "dough hook" attachment for my KitchenAid mixer I rarely buy pizza. Saves the whole kneading process and I'm guessing a "large" pizza costs around $3-7 to make depending on ingredients.

April 18, 2015, 11:42 p.m.

So I think the quest for the best pepperoni pizza rules out thin-crust authentic style pizza. That's fine, that's a style of its own. For non-thin-crust-non-authentic, I recommend colleseum pizza in North Van, their stuff is excellent "gourmet style" if you will but more on the thicker-crust side of the coin. Can't speak specifically to their pepperoni but if it is as good as all else there, you'll like it.

http://colosseumpizza.ca/

For thin crust style, Via Teverre is my fave. Barbarella second. Nicli is OK. (all 3 in Vancouver)

For thin crust style, at a lower price point, highly recommend Ragazzi in Vancouver (Via Teverre has the same owners).

I don't recommend Trocadero, its typical greek restaurant pizza (i.e. OK but nothing to write home about). I live within walking distance, but now always will drive to pickup from Ragazzi rather than walk to Trocadero

April 19, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

you do realize that this is a thread about enjoying pizza right?

yeah and mentioning Dominos in a best pizza thread almost made me throwup in my mouth,

what do you pair it with a can of rancid Budwieser ?

April 19, 2015, 11:36 a.m.

Domino's? Oh brother…

Homemade crust
san marzano tomatoes
salt and cracked pepper
Fresh basil
bocancini
pickled onions
blackened and peeled poblanos
and the "pepperoni" part is Two Rivers Coppa Salami
cooked on the bbq

Nothing better anywhere!

April 19, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

yeah and mentioning Dominos in a best pizza thread almost made me throwup in my mouth,

so you don't like the taste of domino's pepperoni pizza, that's fine.
what does that have to do with food that isn't good for you or being a fat fuck?

what do you pair it with a can of rancid Budwieser ?

you must be new here.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 19, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

Domino's? Oh brother…

Homemade crust
san marzano tomatoes
salt and cracked pepper
Fresh basil
bocancini
pickled onions
cooked on the bbq

Nothing better anywhere!

looks pretty tasty! i'm thinking about giving the home made pie a go.

but i'm after just a pepperoni pizza here, no other toppings.
crust, sauce, cheese and pepperoni. that's it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 19, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

Simpaticos on 4th used get a lot of accolades. Don't know if it's still popular.

But another Greek place on Broadway, north side near Arbutus, was quite good. They had a popular pizza called the Popeye that had spinach and feta cheese for a topping. Good pizza that was thick and dense.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 19, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

Domino's? Oh brother…

Homemade crust
san marzano tomatoes
salt and cracked pepper
Fresh basil
bocancini
pickled onions
cooked on the bbq

Nothing better anywhere!

I'm not sure about the pickled onions would think some nice black olives would go better but if the Coppa is spicy Capicola then that pizza is pretty much perfection. Well done sir

meh

April 19, 2015, 2:46 p.m.

Best pizza I've had from a store was the old Pizzarico's on Robson street back in the 80's way ahead of their time and damn good

meh

April 19, 2015, 2:58 p.m.

so you don't like the taste of domino's pepperoni pizza, that's fine.
what does that have to do with food that isn't good for you or being a fat fuck.

A piece of cardboard slathered with industrial grade ketchup [HTML_REMOVED] mystery meat by some kid who's there cuz he couldn't get a job at Macdonalds? And besides thats just not chi chi enough, one needs to go to Tuscany for the real Italian food

April 19, 2015, 3:15 p.m.

A piece of cardboard slathered with industrial grade ketchup [HTML_REMOVED] mystery meat by some kid who's there cuz he couldn't get a job at Macdonalds? And besides thats just not chi chi enough, one needs to go to Tuscany for the real Italian food

Pizza is not Tuscan.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 19, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

My bad … I meant Naples

April 19, 2015, 4:06 p.m.

remove the stick from your anus