the best pepperoni pizza?

April 17, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

I was underwhelmed by Hell pizza, but that was a few years ago, will have to try again.
Raven is my usual pizza go-to. But pepperoni pizza? Boring.

it seems as tho you have yet to appreciate the beauty of a superbe pepperoni pizza. sometimes the simplest things are the best.

maybe that's why i think davem is such a cool guy, cause he's a simpleton.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 17, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

I've not yet been there but do want to try Il Castello in N.Van.

http://ilcastellopizzeria.com/

Proper wood fired pizza oven, thin Italian style pizza. Have heard great things about it.

Bonus is that the owners are local cyclists (roadies but we won't hold that against them).

April 17, 2015, 11:50 a.m.

it seems as tho you have yet to appreciate the beauty of a superbe pepperoni pizza. sometimes the simplest things are the best.

damnit

April 17, 2015, 11:55 a.m.

Generally pizza in Vancouver is pretty mediocre, not a lot of independent options for good pie. The large chains are 'fine', in fact I think Panago does a pretty good job considering that they are a big chain. Uncle Faith's is okay, Hell's on the NS is also okay, the 'Fresh Slice' stuff is really awful.

To me, hands down the best pizza around is 'Double D' on west 4th near Alma. Pretty funny name, but really good pizza, all their food there is solid. If you are looking for a great family run restaurant, this is the place.

http://www.ddpizza.ca/DDPizza/Index.html

I now live on the NS, but always try to stop there when I am in the area.

April 17, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

I always liked Rebellious Tomato in North Van. Are they still going? I agree with the simple food argument. Something more pure with a simple pepperoni pizza. Or a hamburger with lettuce and tomato. It's not a hamburger anymore when it gets loaded up with gooey stuff and extra things. We had Panago pizza at the office on Tuesday. One of the pies was pesto and shrimp. I dunno. tasted wrong. Not bad but not really what I call pizza you know. Sometimes I think the so called gourmet pizza comes to be because the chef ran out of proper ingredients. Kinda like some of the craft flavoured beers. WTF? Or worst of all are those so called coffee beverages that Starschmucks sells. More like melted snickers bars to me. Coffee should be black. Scotch should be neat. If your Scotch needs ice or water, you need better Scotch. I like hardtails too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 17, 2015, 2:39 p.m.

Rebellious is still going. Good pizza.

We've been on the home made pizza for a couple years now. Simple pizza stone in the oven. Thin crisp and put anything on it we want.

April 17, 2015, 2:51 p.m.

The Aussie bar - Mooses down under, has great pizza, although I have never had just the pepperoni pizza, usually a house special.

April 17, 2015, 3 p.m.

mega ill dawg!

nah I've never been there but it seemed like a cool thing to say

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 17, 2015, 3:25 p.m.

I always liked Rebellious Tomato in North Van. Are they still going? I agree with the simple food argument. Something more pure with a simple pepperoni pizza. Or a hamburger with lettuce and tomato. It's not a hamburger anymore when it gets loaded up with gooey stuff and extra things. We had Panago pizza at the office on Tuesday. One of the pies was pesto and shrimp. I dunno. tasted wrong. Not bad but not really what I call pizza you know. Sometimes I think the so called gourmet pizza comes to be because the chef ran out of proper ingredients. Kinda like some of the craft flavoured beers. WTF? Or worst of all are those so called coffee beverages that Starschmucks sells. More like melted snickers bars to me. Coffee should be black. Scotch should be neat. If your Scotch needs ice or water, you need better Scotch. I like hardtails too.

if there is a female version of you wandering around somewhere please let me know as i'd like to marry her.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 17, 2015, 4:39 p.m.

You had me until the neat Scotch thing. Scotch needs 10% distilled water ESPECIALLY the good stuff.

April 17, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

Well, Hell Pizza on Lonsdale was just voted best pizza joint on the N. Shore by somebody or other. It's my go-to pizza joint now. They have a Davie location too.

U of W Alum, right? Remember San Francesco's Pizza? "Voted Best Pizza in XXX" (ie by me, my buddy Vinchenzo and my cousin Vito) is a marketing ploy.

You had me until the neat Scotch thing. Scotch needs 10% distilled water ESPECIALLY the good stuff.

They say the Picts would only use 300 k?·cm or better deionized water.

April 17, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

Damn it now I want pizza.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2015, 6:05 p.m.

But Domino's? Seriously? Domino's? I wholly agree with the basis of your statement but citing Domino's as the benchmark undermines your credibility. Unless you're high. Or drunk.

When you're high or drunk the best piece if pizza is usually the one you're having at that precise moment.

April 17, 2015, 6:14 p.m.

But Domino's? Seriously? Domino's? I wholly agree with the basis of your statement but citing Domino's as the benchmark undermines your credibility. Unless you're high. Or drunk.

When you're high or drunk the best piece if pizza is usually the one you're having at that precise moment.

Yeah I also don't get this.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 18, 2015, 12:49 a.m.

Via Tevere Pizzeria or Ragazzi

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook