The Age of the Mk2 Human... [Goofy thoughts while walking around Toronto]...

Dec. 31, 2021, 9:47 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

The rest of us will be out here living life.

You are hilarious.

Jan. 1, 2022, 5:22 p.m.

People, let's not let this thread devolve into nastiness. Keep it classy & positive.

Jan. 2, 2022, 5:48 p.m.

I shovelled my 900 foot driveway by hand the first winter I built our place and the 65 year old who lives down the road always tried to give me pointers when he walked past. Got tired of shovelling that much snow every 3-4 days all winter whenever a storm rolled through so I bought a tractor to plow with instead. Much better, and as a bonus I can’t hear the old man when he walks past now so I just smile and wave.

Gotta draw the line somewhere I guess although I’m all for doing things the hard way. 

I don’t even have a cell phone so I’m not too worried about virtual reality or any of the other weird stuff you guys are talking about catching up with me

Last edited by: t_w on Jan. 2, 2022, 5:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 2, 2022, 6:49 p.m.

why shovel snow when you can buy a snow blower or a machine with the blade  ?

mostly this bunch tries to see whom can say the stupidest most fucked up thing

but you probably notice that already ?

Jan. 2, 2022, 7:04 p.m.

Fucks sake I live on Vancouver Island cause snow fucking sucks. It snowed like a foot and now it's been raining all day this shit can fuck right off any time now.

Jan. 2, 2022, 9:30 p.m.

ahahahahahahaahahahaha

Jan. 3, 2022, 6:48 a.m.

Mk 2 human? 

https://youtu.be/SRb9XU9dmiA

Jan. 3, 2022, 12:32 p.m.

Something I've never really been able to put into typed words is a underlying sense from everyone of the frustration and hopelessness for the future from everyone.
I really started noticing it after Obama took office in the states, but its the same story here and everywhere, people voting for what they'd hoped was positive change and always just getting more of the same.
The rich getting endlessly richer, the middle class eroding away, the planet is literally dying in front of our eyes and its met with denial and apathy. The ever spiraling out of control cost of living is met with labour shortages everywhere now, and further exacerbated by wage stagnation that's been going on since before I was born.

The conspiracist in me thinks this is by design, so that the string pullers will have a malleable hopeless population with nothing left to live for so they can have them fight to the death in their stupid upcoming water wars..

I don't really type too good, my mind wanders too much and my attention span is too short, ya'll get the gist right

Last edited by: Adam-West on Jan. 3, 2022, 12:33 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 3, 2022, 12:53 p.m.

I just see old people getting older, quit whining & man up or person up as the case may be ... if yer into that whole brevity thing

Jan. 3, 2022, 1:15 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Something I've never really been able to put into typed words is a underlying sense from everyone of the frustration and hopelessness for the future from everyone.
I really started noticing it after Obama took office in the states, but its the same story here and everywhere, people voting for what they'd hoped was positive change and always just getting more of the same.
The rich getting endlessly richer, the middle class eroding away, the planet is literally dying in front of our eyes and its met with denial and apathy. The ever spiraling out of control cost of living is met with labour shortages everywhere now, and further exacerbated by wage stagnation that's been going on since before I was born.

The conspiracist in me thinks this is by design, so that the string pullers will have a malleable hopeless population with nothing left to live for so they can have them fight to the death in their stupid upcoming water wars..

I don't really type too good, my mind wanders too much and my attention span is too short, ya'll get the gist right

Nope.  I see people who have it really good but instead of realizing it they just complain.

Don't worry - be happy.

Jan. 3, 2022, 1:31 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Nope. I see people who have it really good but instead of realizing it they just complain.

Don't worry - be happy.

We have it really good compared to who? A medieval serf? What about the boomers? Do we have it better than they did? I'm sure there's a reasoning behind what you're saying I just don't get it.

The only thing I can see that makes nowadays better is there's less racism and general violence than there was in the 20th century....for now at least.

And don't even start on the phones. They're a curse that has broken our brains and ability to communicate.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Jan. 3, 2022, 1:44 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 3, 2022, 1:43 p.m.

I pretty much feel the same. I'm working 50 hours a week in a skilled trade making the top wage for said trade but what I take home doesn't amount to much at the end of the month. 

The insane thing is due to how the work I do is priced the owner of the company isn't making all that much either and sweats along with us most days. And the developer that's selling all the units we build they're basically taking a big gamble hoping that nothing goes wrong because if it does they can easily end up in the red on the whole building. 

But stonks keep going up so i guess everything is fine

Jan. 3, 2022, 1:44 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Nope.  I see people who have it really good but instead of realizing it they just complain.

Don't worry - be happy.

We have it really good compared to who? A medieval serf? What about the boomers? Do we have it better than they did?  I'm sure there's a reasoning behind what you're saying I just don't get it. 

The only thing I can see that makes nowadays better is there's less racism and general violence than there was in the 20th century....for now at least.

I want to post up no worries F-O can't you see that everything is as great as its ever been?
The two oldest gentlemen on the board who have benefited the absolute most in modern life say everything's perfectly fine/steer the course good sir, we don't need any humility or foresight where we're going!

But what would be the point?

Jan. 3, 2022, 1:48 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Don't worry - be happy.

We have it really good compared to who? A medieval serf? What about the boomers? Do we have it better than they did?  I'm sure there's a reasoning behind what you're saying I just don't get it. 

I want to post up no worries F-O can't you see that everything is as great as its ever been?
The two oldest gentlemen on the board who have benefited the absolute most in modern life say everything's perfectly fine/steer the course good sir, we don't need any humility or foresight where we're going!

We have it great. A whole town burned down and I almost died at work over the summer then a bunch of roads fell apart over the winter. Doesn't matter that it was all due to unprecedented weather events because we entitled youngins have....netflix? Not really sure

Jan. 3, 2022, 4:46 p.m.

Lol.

I've got it much better than my father has had it, who in turn has had it much better than his father did.

What's scary is not the challenges the new generations are going to face, but whether new generation is capable of stepping up to the challenge.  Instead of just doing what it takes, they go around looking for someone else to step in and give it to them.  Sorry, but school is over and in the real world you no longer get a star for every little thing you do.