That Oscar's night. Academy Awards

March 28, 2022, 5:15 p.m.

The memes rock

March 28, 2022, 5:57 p.m.

I didn't hear the joke but who's going after Ricky Gervais for the carpet bombing no survivor jokes he told at previous awards?

I'm surprised no one said since it was black on black violence its ok... meanwhile Gervais might play for a different team and that's a whole different story.

Wife or not, a joke is a joke in that sphere and it's not the streets or a party where you can just slap a dude. As for Smith being in shape from Ali, if he was he wouldn't have slapped him 😉

March 28, 2022, 7:03 p.m.

there is a certain segment who wana promote violence over the incident so I wonder what women  think about this and if they would do the same thing in reversed roles,

say buddy  calls  yer truck cuz its  a POS,  is the little woman gona  lay some beats on his woman ?

March 28, 2022, 7:11 p.m.

That "joke"  was a low blow. But the slap was not a good way to deal with it. A dirty look at the time with a follow up conversation should have been all that was needed. I’ve had lots of short jokes lobbed my way over my lifetime. I’ve learned, as have others that I have more wit than most, and they pay for it that way.

March 28, 2022, 7:55 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I'm surprised no one said since it was black on black violence its ok...

Probably because no one says that.

March 28, 2022, 9:05 p.m.

Chris didn't know about her condition before and he didn't even write the joke.  A white female did and went through the producers.  As stated above, Will laughed at initially then the cheating wife gets mad and then mayhem ensues.   Watch a "Roast" on Comedy Central and you'll see the comment was extremely mild.  Everyone so riled up these days.

March 29, 2022, 4:44 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

there is a certain segment who wana promote violence over the incident so I wonder what women  think about this and if they would do the same thing in reversed roles,

say buddy  calls  yer truck cuz its  a POS,  is the little woman gona  lay some beats on his woman ?

I can tell you that my wife would have been mortified and embarrassed by that behaviour. Guaranteed she would have ripped me in the car all the way home. As Chris eluded to, it made for some great tv.

March 29, 2022, 7:12 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Chris didn't know about her condition before and he didn't even write the joke.  A white female did and went through the producers.  As stated above, Will laughed at initially then the cheating wife gets mad and then mayhem ensues.   Watch a "Roast" on Comedy Central and you'll see the comment was extremely mild.  Everyone so riled up these days.

Yeah I had this convo with my mom actually. Chris said the joke but he wasn't actually behind it. It reminded me of a Roast episode where Hulk Hogan had to insult I THINK Pam Anderson and he actually stopped and said 'come on guys I cant say this'. So maybe Chris should have refused the joke? Who knows, I don't have a dog in this fight at the end of the day.

March 29, 2022, 8:56 a.m.

I will give Chris Rock the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know she had alopecia and in that circumstance it wasn't really that out of line for an Oscars joke, but even if he knew and was just being an asshole Will Smith getting up and smacking him was ridiculous.  Who smacks people?   Smith's reaction was way too cool to say it was in the heat of the moment as well.  Did his wife try and stop him?  For a strange couple that gets criticized in the media all the time they sure have thin skin.

March 29, 2022, 8:57 a.m.

he didn't know about her condition but sometimes you just gotta laugh....

March 29, 2022, 9:05 a.m.

Yep, a big part of the reason that the Oscars are famous for having super funny hosts, telling really unfunny jokes, is because the hosts aren't writing their own material.

March 29, 2022, 9:10 a.m.

he didn't know about her condition but sometimes you just gotta laugh....

I did my part and laughed.

April 3, 2022, 3:48 p.m.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1510475711567572997

April 3, 2022, 8:33 p.m.

So i tuned into the grammys, hoping to see who gets slapped next........how did any of these shitbirds deserve any award that should have gone to Tony Bennett and lady gaga? I wanted to slap someone!