Thank you

Dec. 18, 2020, 1:10 p.m.

From the Covid-19 thread,Just a little update for those who care. I’m finally out of Abbotsford  hospital after six days and many tests later. Turns out my heart is very strong and it wasn’t a heart attack, it was an epileptic seizure. If any of you who helped during my time of need I am extremely thankful and wouldn’t mind the opportunity to meet with you and thank you in person. Maybe even enjoy a ride together. Post ride beers on me.

I would also like to apologize for my violent reaction but in my defence after a seizure a victim is never conscious of their surroundings or their behaviour for anywhere between ten to twenty minutes. While I was being held down I became very terrified and you must understand my reaction was totally fight or flight. I heard the ambulance paramedics had to sedate me not once but twice. So again, I understand that I “rag-dolled” a couple of you guys and I’m VERY sorry. Please don’t be afraid to reach out to me.

On another note I would like to give a shout out to all the doctors and especially the nurses in the Critical Care Unit who were so kind and compassionate while looking after me.

Cheers, Roger.

Dec. 18, 2020, 1:27 p.m.

Great post.

Hope you are doing ok and continue to do so.

Dec. 18, 2020, 1:55 p.m.

As a long time first aider, I totally understand your reaction under stress - we are warned about this in our courses.

All the best, man.  It's tough to come face-to-face with one's own mortality.  Good job pulling through, enjoy a restful holiday.

Dec. 18, 2020, 2:33 p.m.

Sorry you've gone through this, I'm sure everyone involved will understand! 

My lady had several grand mal seizures a few years back. She had that 20min+ period of confusion following each one. Never found a cause for them but she's been totally fine since being prescribed Topamax. 

Hope all goes well for you in the future!

Dec. 18, 2020, 7:36 p.m.

Glad to hear you came out on top and now have a way to manage it(?)!

Dec. 18, 2020, 9:07 p.m.

Yikes man, take care. I’ve had a little seizure while in the hospital and even that was a scary, disorienting experience. Having it happen in the wild would be fucking scary!

Dec. 18, 2020, 10:38 p.m.

Glad your better.