Texas school shooting - 18 elementary kids dead.

May 25, 2022, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: XXX_er

400 million guns down thar so the genie is already outa the bottle and there is no shortage of people who want to kill other people

I don't accept this.   When BC goes into wild fire mode every summer, we don't just throw up our hands and say: well the fire is already burning so I guess that's that.  

There are actions that can be taken that can slow this down and reverse the tide.  There is one party that won't even allow for a vote to happen about common sense gun laws.  It's really fucking simple.

This ^^ 100%

Just implementing some storage laws that would prevent some shooters from easily gaining access to guns already in their household would help, certainly would help with the thousands of accidental shootings each year.

May 25, 2022, 12:17 p.m.

Thoughts and prayers

May 25, 2022, 1:37 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Thoughts and prayers

Apparently thats the GOP strategy to prevent this from happening again.

May 25, 2022, 3:27 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

No one sees the problem with a kid that had 10k in two guns, rounds and optics?

Yes.  Everyone sees this as a problem.  Everyone who's political careers aren't funded by the NRA.

That wasn't what I was getting at. Did he have a job or was he gifted two high powered assault rifles and optics?

Don't think he got then from grandma.

May 25, 2022, 3:30 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

This isn't a gun control thing but unless he's connected, how?

Apparently schools in the US don't lock the doors.

In other news, Hillarys campaign manager through her under the bus for the Russia collusion and there's some WHO and WEF shiz going on too.

Don't focus too much on one hand.

who let the idiot in?

So other than the usual hot topic posts that will revolve around gun control, you're not asking the obvious?

A kid gets chased by the cops, ends up in a school, goes nuts and there's an Instagram model that received messages from the shooter ?

Has he been connected to Russia yet?

May 25, 2022, 5:09 p.m.

That wasn't what I was getting at. Did he have a job or was he gifted two high powered assault rifles and optics?

Don't think he got then from grandma.

He had a job according to an article I read. Worked at Wendy's or something.

Plus credit cards are just handed out now. I had $15k worth of credit at 18. Which is stupid.

May 25, 2022, 6:23 p.m.

As someone who just went through the process to get a restricted PAL...anyone who says these kind of regulations wouldn't reduce the shootings in the US....I just don't know what to say...you're beyond help.

May 25, 2022, 6:28 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

This isn't a gun control thing but unless he's connected, how?

Apparently schools in the US don't lock the doors.

In other news, Hillarys campaign manager through her under the bus for the Russia collusion and there's some WHO and WEF shiz going on too.

Don't focus too much on one hand.

who let the idiot in?

So other than the usual hot topic posts that will revolve around gun control, you're not asking the obvious?

A kid gets chased by the cops, ends up in a school, goes nuts and there's an Instagram model that received messages from the shooter ?

Has he been connected to Russia yet?

Why is it so hard to believe that a sick kid just bought two guns and went on a rampage? 

All your suspicions and doubts are asking me to believe in way more unbelievable shit than the extremely simple scenario that a kid with violent death wish went and bought two guns and carried it out.

May 25, 2022, 6:56 p.m.

There's another board I read that's pretty much the antithesis of NBR. They think arming teachers will solve this issue 100%. Also, signs to warn that the staff is armed.

May 25, 2022, 7:28 p.m.

that fire is eventualy going to go out in the winter whereas the guns aren't going anywhere and in fact people are buying more,

you can refuse to accept whatever you want there is no way to get rid  of 400million guns

nonsense.

Australia, 1996.  Go do some reading on the buyback and destruction of 650,000 weapons.  There are measures that can be enacted, but by throwing your hands up and saying nothing can be done, you're enabling the Republican NRA campaign that continues this cycle.

well ya so what do you see in the future besides the Republican NRA campaign that is going to continue this cycle ?

May 25, 2022, 7:54 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

There's another board I read that's pretty much the antithesis of NBR. They think arming teachers will solve this issue 100%. Also, signs to warn that the staff is armed.

Law enforcement has problems bringing down these armoured shooters with assault weapons, yet they expect a teacher to do it.  Might as well just hand every teacher a BB gun.

May 25, 2022, 8:17 p.m.

well ya so what do you see in the future besides the Republican NRA campaign that is going to continue this cycle ?

nothing will be done != nothing can be done

My view is that until the GOP is reduced to a super minority, then we’ll see more of the same. Short term if I was in the USA, I’d vote and I’d rally anyone I could to do the same.

https://youtu.be/VS3cAOEVTss

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on May 25, 2022, 9:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 25, 2022, 8:35 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

Perfect. Cops get a call there's an active shooter at a school and all the teachers have guns. That's gonna make it way easier for them to shoot the right person...

May 25, 2022, 8:38 p.m.

I really thought after Parkland that something was going to happen. The movement for change seemed strong enough to force it. 

But here we are. Another round of thoughts a prayers.

The only thing that will change it is money. Smoking used to be common until tobacco companies got sued. The 2nd Ammendment needs to be ammended. Make some shit illegal and start suing the gun manufacturers, gun shops, NRA, politicians, whoever.

It sickens me to think about it.

May 26, 2022, 4:31 a.m.

I have just learned that a Shogun named Marcus is currently unable to post in NBR due to complaints by unthinking leftists. Is this a communist website? What happened to free speech & the exchange of opinions? Agree or disagree with his opinions, he should still be able to post them like anyone else should be.