Texas republican platform

June 27, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

You're aware, Rewoga, that roads were actually built for use with cars, and that people use those roads to get places in said cars? Wanting to scrap SOX, beat kids, promote texas politics around the world, and repeal business taxes isn't really in the same boat as opposing a road closure so kids can play…

Or to put it another way:

It ain't the same ball park, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fucking sport.
-Jules Winnfield

edit: sorry, that was off base and topic… carry on…

June 27, 2012, 9:51 a.m.

I wonder if they realize that they have more in common with muslim extremists than Americans?

That is what I have alway found so funny.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

June 27, 2012, 11:02 a.m.

anyone else see this on reddit?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf

"We oppose the teaching of higher order thinking skills, critical thinking skills and similar programs…[which] have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."

words fail me

That's pretty lame thinking….How does having a dumb generation of students keep you competitive in today's world.

Oh wait….

June 27, 2012, 11:04 a.m.

Yup!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 27, 2012, 11:04 a.m.

You're aware, Rewoga, that roads were actually built for use with cars, and that people use those roads to get places in said cars? Wanting to scrap SOX, beat kids, promote texas politics around the world, and repeal business taxes isn't really in the same boat as opposing a road closure so kids can play…

Or to put it another way:

It ain't the same ball park, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fucking sport.
-Jules Winnfield

edit: sorry, that was off base and topic… carry on…

Its the same sort of attitude - albeit around a more minor issue…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 27, 2012, 11:25 a.m.

You're aware, Rewoga, that roads were actually built for use with cars, and that people use those roads to get places in said cars?

I would counter that roads are built using public money, so they are therefore built for whatever use the public deems in their interest. If enough of "the public" are if favour of shutting off car use for one day so that many may enjoy a quiet wander by foot/bike/rollerblade/etc then that becomes what the roads are built for.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 27, 2012, 11:26 a.m.

Yup!

Americans underachieve even when pointing out their own underachievement. Jeff Daniels (that's him, right?) forgot another category where America leads the world - morbid obesity. USA!USA!USA!

You're aware, Rewoga, that roads were actually built for use with cars, and that people use those roads to get places in said cars?

Roads aren't built just for use with cars … they are part of community infrastructure. How about the entire neighborhoods that prohibit commercial traffic or trucks? All commerce and investment depends on the commercial transportation of goods. So who the f!k are these hippies and communists who tell us that trucks and other high-tonnage vehicles are prohibited on the roads in their neighbourhoods entirely or at certain times or certain days? I say load up your double trailer and drive it wherever the f!ck you please, because THAT'S REALLY WHAT the road was built for. Next time you get stuck behind a transport truck driving in your car, remember that your car is just a shell for your ego. You could probably survive without it, but life as you know it will end without commercial haulage and transportation.

June 27, 2012, 1:24 p.m.

Yup!

Who is that? When was that?

June 27, 2012, 1:34 p.m.

Yep, looks like Jeff Daniels.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001099/

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 27, 2012, 2:06 p.m.

Who is that? When was that?

Jeff Daniels … played across Melanie Griffith in "Something Wild" (1986). As if that isn't enough to give him politico cred, he also, amazingly enough, looks a little like Bill Pullman, who played the POTUS in "Independence Day" (1996). That answer your question?

June 27, 2012, 2:29 p.m.

Jeff Daniels … played across Melanie Griffith in "Something Wild" (1986). As if that isn't enough to give him politico cred, he also, amazingly enough, looks a little like Bill Pullman, who played the POTUS in "Independence Day" (1996). That answer your question?

Indeed it does! Muchos Grassyass.

June 27, 2012, 2:48 p.m.

I thought Jeff Daniels was Harry in dumb and dumber.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 27, 2012, 4 p.m.

certain relics just need to hurry up and die so the rest of the planet and get on with things

June 27, 2012, 7:32 p.m.

"A larger issue is one of language and concepts, as guided by the document in question, making their way into textbooks. What is at stake could likely affect other states: Texas has economic clout as a buyer of textbooks which gives the SBOE the power to meddle in pre-publication matters in ways that publishers are willing to accommodate. SBOE[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s range of power in mitigating language is directly based on the curriculum standards. Other states that do not have leverage in volume sales or a similar structure in adopting textbooks stand a good chance of being disadvantaged by decisions made in Texas. "

http://www.counterpunch.org/2009/04/01/texas-and-evolution/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 28, 2012, 4:39 a.m.

Americans underachieve even when pointing out their own underachievement. Jeff Daniels (that's him, right?) forgot another category where America leads the world - morbid obesity. USA!USA!USA!

If you don't know, it's from a new TV show he is in on HBO called the "Newsroom".

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?