tell me what cell phone to get

June 10, 2011, 3:56 p.m.

Google Nexus S, even an ignorant iPhone user could figure it out. Several of my co-workers were going to buy iPhones, I let them try my Nexus S for comparison and they went that route instead.

Having said that, the iPhone is a great phone too so you really can't go wrong either way.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

June 10, 2011, 11:14 p.m.

wtf is "BB"?

June 10, 2011, 11:18 p.m.

one big thing I've noticed - iPhone 4 battery is significantly longer lasting than the android counterparts.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 11, 2011, 6:57 a.m.

i had an HTC Desire HD at my last job and it was a great Android phone. The entire iPhone fit inside the screen - so it is large but what a great display. Not sure about the iPhone, but it was hard as hell to see the screen in the sun. If you use iTunes, get the iPhone, otherwise there are a lot of free apps for Android and spare batteries are cheap - whereas you cant change the battery or memory on the iPhone

June 11, 2011, 10:05 a.m.

Wait and get the Galaxy S II, some reviews have been saying its the first phone to be better than the Iphone.

Work recently bought me an Iphone, it works fine and is stupid easy, but as someone who loves customization and user control, the Iphone is just too locked down for me.

June 11, 2011, 10:51 a.m.

Anything dual core. and android. pretty simple.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 11, 2011, noon

I like my Blackberry.

I like pushed email, and I like BBM. I like the battery life, and Blackberry 6 software is a huge improvement over whatever came before.

I'm wondering about buying a dumb phone though, as I am interested in paring down my electronic life. It's funny being at a party and everyone is dicking around on their phones instead of talking to eachother.

June 11, 2011, 12:57 p.m.

Google Nexus S, even an ignorant iPhone user could figure it out. Several of my co-workers were going to buy iPhones, I let them try my Nexus S for comparison and they went that route instead.

This… The Nexus S is great, quite pleased. Google pushes the updates to the OS. Not the carrier and this has to be the biggest improvement one could want.

I had an HTC magic (droid) and was very pleased… however the OS was tied to the carrier and with only 1 OS update that was pushed to it, it was obsolete by the end of 2yrs due to the software. However the hardware was just fine. :\

Moral of the Story: Any droid phone purchase __NEEDS__ a 'pure google' experience attached to it, otherwise it's not worth it. The out-dated OS will take the most wonderful hardware and turn it into a paper weight in around 1.5-2 yrs.

June 11, 2011, 1:05 p.m.

This… The Nexus S is great, quite pleased. Google pushes the updates to the OS. Not the carrier and this has to be the biggest improvement one could want.

I had an HTC magic (droid) and was very pleased… however the OS was tied to the carrier and with only 1 OS update that was pushed to it, it was obsolete by the end of 2yrs due to the software. However the hardware was just fine. :\

Moral of the Story: Any droid phone purchase __NEEDS__ a 'pure google' experience attached to it, otherwise it's not worth it. The out-dated OS will take the most wonderful hardware and turn it into a paper weight in around 1.5-2 yrs.

Root it until it bleeds, problem solved.

June 11, 2011, 1:49 p.m.

one big thing I've noticed - iPhone 4 battery is significantly longer lasting than the android counterparts.

LOL

June 11, 2011, 4:45 p.m.

I have an iPhone 4 and a Galaxy S, and battery life is almost identical. If battery life is an issue, you can use a spare with any phone that's not from Apple.

Galaxy S is a better phone. iPhone 4 display is much sharper. Both work well as PDAs.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 19, 2011, 7:06 p.m.

figure i'd bump the most recent phone thread,

I've only had one phone since I was 16, it's survived a lot but i haven't seen it since monday and have searched all over since.. time for an upgrade I think.

Pretty much set on an HTC android one Desire HD or Sensation, only question is bell, rogers, or telus?

also, those phones will play pinkbike and vimeo videos?

Aug. 19, 2011, 7:09 p.m.

Sanding Galaxy S2 is an impressive smartphone.

This was on Craigslist:

Huge back to school promotion on all Smartphones and Superphones: Samsung Galaxy S2 now $49.95 was $169.95 Htc Sensation now Free was $149.95 Motorola XT860 now FREE was $99.95 Motorola Atrix now Free was $49.95 Iphone 4 16gb blk/wht now $99.95 was $159.95

ALL lower end smartphones without data are FREE including HTC Wildfire S, Nokia C6-01, Samsung Galaxy 551, Samsung Galaxy Gio Plus No activation fee on personal plans.
plan starting from $35: 150 daytime mins, unlimited calling from 6pm-7am, 10 numbers unlimited nationwide, unlimited nationwide text, picture messages..etc

Plans with 2 lines or more: buy 1 get 1 free on ANY Smartphones and Superphones.
Plan starting from $25: 250 daytime mins,call display and voice mail, unlimited calling from 6pm-7am, 250 incoming mins, 250 outgoing text, additional $25/500 MB data or $30/6GB data with bill credits.

Amazing $55 plan: 550 daytime mins,call display and voice mail, unlimited calling from 6pm-7am, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited nationwide text plus 6 GB data.

****Free 3 years international long distances and bonus SURPRISE GIFT SETS for signing up ANY Bell plans******

For questions please call 604-721-1520 or 604-345-8275

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 19, 2011, 7:10 p.m.

figure i'd bump the most recent phone thread,

I've only had one phone since I was 16, it's survived a lot but i haven't seen it since monday and have searched all over since.. time for an upgrade I think.

Pretty much set on an HTC android one Desire HD or Sensation, only question is bell, rogers, or telus?

also, those phones will play pinkbike and vimeo videos?

those phones suck get a iphone

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 19, 2011, 7:54 p.m.

If you want good battery life, don't get an iPhone.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan