Teh new prez

Aug. 5, 2021, 2:13 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

That's not even what I'm arguing. Let's try again.

The pathetic, failed attempt at insurrection will now be achieved through political and civic subterfuge given Bidens inability or unwillingness to effectively fight for the nations political and civic rights.

The only (and I mean only) way that Biden can fight back is through legislation such as HR 1, and the only (and I mean only) way to pass HR 1 is to kill the filibuster, and the only (you get the point) way to kill the filibuster is to get 50 votes in the Senate, and the only way to do that is to convince Manchin and Sinema to vote with the other 48 sane Democrats.  If you know how to do that, Biden will hire you tomorrow.

In his lucid moments Biden is well aware how to do that. He hung a portriat of FDR in a prominent spot in oval office to telegraph his intentions. Imo he'd done better with one of LBJ. Whatever. I think he's just gaslighting us.

Maybe you could conjure up a lucid moment of your own and tell me how Biden or any other president tackling the current situation passes that legislation?  It goes through Manchin and Sinema and there is no other route.

Aug. 5, 2021, 4:03 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Nice dodge.  Other than picking a different presidential portrait as a nod to his intentions, what does Biden do to get around the specific problems outlined by Chup?

It's right there where I said "LBJ". 

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021/07/16/it-looks-president-biden-surrendering-passing-voting-rights-protections

Aug. 6, 2021, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Nice dodge.  Other than picking a different presidential portrait as a nod to his intentions, what does Biden do to get around the specific problems outlined by Chup?

It's right there where I said "LBJ". 

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021/07/16/it-looks-president-biden-surrendering-passing-voting-rights-protections

C'mon.  Being that vague is a dodge.  Should Biden tear the ears off Manchin's dog?  We don't know what the hell you mean.  

I almost always agree with Reich and he isn't the only prominent liberal to say this.  I want to see Biden going after the filibuster in his speeches as well, but making strong speeches is not going to sway those 2 votes.  Reich is as vague as you are when he says that Biden needs to "strongarm" Manchin.  What does that mean?  Does Manchin even have a dog?

I am with you here.  Without filibuster reform America is almost certainly going to watch the GOP hijack democracy over the next couple of elections but I have yet to hear a real plan of action on how to strongarm either of the holdouts or who should do it.

Aug. 9, 2021, 10:55 a.m.

Scary...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/08/09/the-big-money-behind-the-big-lie

Aug. 9, 2021, 11:32 a.m.

That NewYorker article is an excellent read.

Aug. 9, 2021, 2:21 p.m.

trump's just like Canada! He got a "shadow cabinet".. http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/33315

Aug. 9, 2021, 2:24 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Should Biden tear the ears off Manchin's dog? We don't know what the hell you mean.

He should tear the ears offa' Manchin! Literally if figuratively don't work. Get his VP to do it.

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 9, 2021, 7:01 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 15, 2021, 12:41 p.m.

This about sums up Bidens Admin. President Biden walks past the pathway onto the grass following the SS detail.

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1425159061524320264

Yep - thats all of your boy right there.

Aug. 16, 2021, 6:37 p.m.

Again, what’s your point. Fucking Trumpers grasp at any stupid little thing. Tell me you’ve never been in deep thought, tired or distracted and done something similar. That kind of thing happens to plenty.

Aug. 16, 2021, 7:33 p.m.

Yeah but you don't have to be a trumper to see Biden's not all there. Dollars to dounuts he don't serve out his term.

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 16, 2021, 7:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 17, 2021, 10:58 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Again, what’s your point. Fucking Trumpers grasp at any stupid little thing. Tell me you’ve never been in deep thought, tired or distracted and done something similar. That kind of thing happens to plenty.

... When you have a SS ear bud and an agent pointing out where to go? Perhaps he's simply unfit for office?

I'm also totally suprised you think I'm capable of deep thought. First Syncro throws me a bone and now you compliment me? Things are changing 'round here ;)