Teh new prez

March 4, 2021, 9:17 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

No i'm using that narrow window in the context I've stated to prove my point.

If that point is that you have no idea what you’re talking about then you are exceeding all expectations.

March 4, 2021, 12:54 p.m.

Let's talk somemore about "Teh new prez."

Check him out on student debt...

“At his recent town hall, Joe Biden made a series of convoluted and condescending comments about American student debt…Biden’s rambling justification of the status quo was peppered with straw men, invocations of false scarcity and non-solutions. He pitted working-class Americans against each other, implying that people who attend private schools aren’t worthy of relief, as though poor students don’t also attend such schools. He said that money would be better spent on early childhood education instead of debt cancellation, as if educators aren’t themselves drowning in student debt, and as if we can’t address both concerns at once. He suggested relying on parents or selling a home at a profit to settle your debt, a luxury those without intergenerational wealth or property cannot afford. And he touted various programs, including Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), that have totally failed borrowers: over 95% of PSLF applicants have been denied…As he rambled on, Biden gave the distinct impression that he preferred not to have the power to do so. That way he could blame Congress should his campaign promises go unkept.”

- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/25/joe-biden-student-debt-american-students

Minimum wage...

'Democrats Will Lose in 2022' If $15 Wage Dies in Senate: Anger Grows as Biden-Harris Bow to Unelected Parliamentarian

"If you were writing a Dickensian novel, it would be about millions of desperately poor people being promised a $15 starvation wage, and then watching their millionaire senators tell them that a parliamentary adviser in the palace said no."

- https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/02/28/democrats-will-lose-2022-if-15-wage-dies-senate-anger-grows-biden-harris-bow

Immigration reform...

Hundreds deported under Biden, including witness to massacre

- https://apnews.com/article/biden-administration-deports-hundreds-482889ed56ed3cd02c9c61ebd1e3fbb7

Foreign policy...

If you were expecting something different, it looks like you got conned. And the worst is probably yet to come.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/03/04/bidens-foreign-policy-no-joy-in-mudville/

Irony...

"There's an old expression my philosophy professor would always use from Plato," said Biden. "'The penalty people face for not being involved in politics is being governed by people worse than themselves.' It's wide open. Go out and change it."

Last edited by: tungsten on March 4, 2021, 1:37 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2021, 1:50 p.m.

^^ It's almost like they don't have enough votes in the Senate to overcome the filibuster. Odd that your opinion pieces don't touch on that.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on March 4, 2021, 1:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2021, 3:08 p.m.

Biden is between a bunch of rocks and a hard places and a lot of it of his own making.  

He is definitely able to do more with student debt with an EO.  EOs can be reversed but the next admin can't very well unforgive the debt.  I am not sure if he was pandering pre-election or made deals to not do it now, but this is the biggest criticism I have of him so far.

The Iran deal was always going to be more complicated than just going back into compliance, but he needs to act soon because Iran is electing a new president soon and the next one could be a hardliner.  I still think that will go through but he is trying to get more of out it.  Don't forget that there was the whole Sulameini assassination and the Iran retaliation in which it was really close to killing a lot of American soldiers.  I am really not sure what he is up to but he could stop the sanctions and if Iran doesn't comply put em back on and then some.  I am still giving him time though.

And like Couch Surfer said, he simply can't do a lot of things.  It is also been like 6 weeks since he took over a gutted executive during a pandemic and economic crisis.  In that same time I have only managed 2 bikes rides but I did binge through most of Super Store.

March 4, 2021, 6:47 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

^^ It's almost like they don't have enough votes in the Senate to overcome the filibuster. Odd that your opinion pieces don't touch on that.

Strangle Manchin and Sinema and you can have reconciliation. Surely a creative and relentless POTUS could leverage them into compliance. Oh wait, Biden.........

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/what-is-reconciliation-senate.html

Last edited by: tungsten on March 4, 2021, 7:01 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 4, 2021, 8:42 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

No i'm using that narrow window in the context I've stated to prove my point.

If that point is that you have no idea what you’re talking about then you are exceeding all expectations.

Aaaaaand what is your point again? Oh right, I dont actually understand what I'm saying?

March 5, 2021, 9:12 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Strangle Manchin and Sinema and you can have reconciliation. Surely a creative and relentless POTUS could leverage them into compliance. Oh wait, Biden.........

It better be a lot more than just Biden leaning on those 2 or the Dems are going to be watching from the outside for a decade.  The remaining senators have more leverage since they can refuse to support any of their shit moving forward.  Chuck needs to be on this and Bernie should be using his podium to get broader public support.

March 5, 2021, 9:54 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

It better be a lot more than just Biden leaning on those 2 or the Dems are going to be watching from the outside for a decade.  The remaining senators have more leverage since they can refuse to support any of their shit moving forward.  Chuck needs to be on this and Bernie should be using his podium to get broader public support.

Unfortunately, the Trumplicans have returned to the 2009 playbook of full force obstructionism.  Biden's American Rescue Plan (Covid relief) bill gathered ZERO Trumplican votes in the house. 

This is despite the bill having ~70% approval from Americans (quinnipiac polling)

"Nearly 7 in 10 Americans support the Biden administration's proposed $1.9 trillion stimulus relief bill in response to the coronavirus pandemic, as 68 percent say they support it and 24 percent oppose it.
Democrats support it 97 - 3 percent, independents support it 68 - 25 percent and Republicans are opposed 47 - 37 percent, with 16 percent not offering an opinion."..

(Shogun - if you're gonna "both sides" this one - Please do so on the merit of the points in the bill and not on whatever stupid twitter meme you think seems relevant)

March 5, 2021, 10:02 a.m.

Looks like it's a few more than just Manchin and Sinema

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/541826-senate-rejects-sanders-15-minimum-wage-hike

Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Chris Coons (D-Del.) Tom Carper (D-Del.) and Angus King (I-Maine.) voted to sustain a procedural objection — a budget point of order — against the wage increase.

March 5, 2021, 11:26 a.m.

Migrants at the border show up wearing "Biden please let us in" t shirts. Where'd they get those from exactly?

March 5, 2021, 11:46 a.m.

Migrants at the border show up wearing "Biden please let us in" t shirts. Where'd they get those from exactly?

Another question ... why is it that a quick search only shows this particular "news" item only shows up on right wing media like faux and epoch times, and not a single hit from anything reputable?

Maybe they got the shirts from faux for a photo op?

March 5, 2021, 11:55 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Another question ... why is it that a quick search only shows this particular "news" item only shows up on right wing media like faux and epoch times, and not a single hit from anything reputable?

Maybe they got the shirts from faux for a photo op?

So Fox isnt as far right as everyone claims then or they just fake newsing it? Can we not do the reputable sources dance again? Pretty please?

March 5, 2021, 12:03 p.m.

So Fox isnt as far right as everyone claims then or they just fake newsing it? Can we not do the reputable sources dance again? Pretty please?

Fox news is generally garbage.

They have a couple of journalists (Chris Wallace comes to mind). But the pundits that occupy the prime time hours and fill twitter with outrage propaganda drown it all out.

You don't have to look past the big lies that they pushed following the election to understand that.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on March 5, 2021, 12:05 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 5, 2021, 12:11 p.m.

Fox news is generally garbage.

They have a couple of journalists (Chris Wallace comes to mind). But the pundits that occupy the prime time hours and fill twitter with outrage propaganda drown it all out.

You don't have to look past the big lies that they pushed following the election to understand that.

Perhaps I should say this again but I dont have cable and I dont watch the MSM on youtube. I'll take your word for it.

March 5, 2021, 12:14 p.m.

sure - but you soak in the fake garbage from a dozen other platforms.