TDF, what a joke...

July 27, 2006, 7:58 a.m.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/more/specials/tour_de_france/2006/07/27/landis.doping/index.html

(I thought it was deserving to put this in the NBR section given TDF's credibility going down the crapper)

Pedro

Pedro does bring up some good points, but being only one R off of Pedo …. discounts much of that

"ANYONE can have the American dream…but not EVERYONE can have the American dream"

"Looking for a fight, look a gypsy in the eye…"

July 27, 2006, 8:30 a.m.

yup.

every year the TDF turns more and more into a lab experiment than a sporting event.

July 27, 2006, 8:39 a.m.

Landis is a joker anyways.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

July 27, 2006, 8:57 a.m.

yup.

every year the TDF turns more and more into a lab experiment than a sporting event.

true that.
I'd say just let everyone dope, but too many people would die…
Anyone have a good solution?

July 27, 2006, 10:55 a.m.

That sucks. Might explain the insane comeback on Stage 17 (the sample was taken after he won that stage).

Dang mennonites.

July 27, 2006, 12:48 p.m.

id like to see a steroid olympics. that would be good tv.

"and here we have the weight lifting"
"it looks like his going to go for an even tonne"

"holy shit bob he just ripped his arms out of his sockets"

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 27, 2006, 1:09 p.m.

There you have it kids. The only way to get ahead in the world is with drugs!

How did I end up here?

July 27, 2006, 1:55 p.m.

Floyd was clean, just ask his mom…

Landis tells mother doping test "irregular"
WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - The mother of Tour de France cycling champion Floyd Landis said that he questioned his positive result on a doping test as "irregular" on Thursday and was discouraged by media coverage of the revelation.
"He talked to me in a lot of discouragement because of the media press that he's getting. But the fact is that there's nothing proven that anything is wrong with his test," Arlene Landis said after being in contact with her son.
She did not give his location. Landis pulled out of races in northern Europe in the last two days without giving any explanation and organizers of those events were unable to contact him.
"He said this test is so irregular and there's no reason why it wouldn't have shown up on other days he was riding if that was a fact," his mother said.
She was speaking to reporters outside her home in Farmersville, Pennsylvania, where the 30-year-old cyclist was born in a community of Mennonite Christians. TV video of her remarks was made available in Washington.
Landis's Phonak cycling team said on Thursday he had tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone in a test after his remarkable comeback last week in the 17th stage of this year's tour, which ended on Sunday.
If a second "B" sample confirms the result of the earlier sample, Landis is certain to be stripped of his victory.
"I'm not concerned. I think God is allowing us to go through this so that Floyd's glory is even greater," Arlene Landis said.

July 27, 2006, 1:59 p.m.

they all dope and as soon as everyone forgets about it and they stop doing testing then we can get back to watching sports.

www.natooke.com