Tattoos/where to go?

June 19, 2015, 11:49 p.m.

Ignore the clique first. I find it ironic they parrot the same thing they make fun of - way to be individualistic NBR.

So for skytrain access, Funhouse along Cambie near 14th does good work from what I've seen (two to three pieces) and heard. If you're in the downtown area, Craftsman tattoo has a great rep but I was less than impressed with what He drew up for my foot (didnt have any aspects of what I said I wanted - shark on the foot was there, no black eye or blood in the gums. Hell it didnt even have an open jaw).

A little further in East Van is Electro Lady Lux (I think). They did my sisters and bro n law's pieces, which for the NBR cool kids, was to commemorate my sisters still born.

That's all I know of in the area listed. If you're out in Langley or can get out there, Lady Luck on Fraser Hwy is highly and personally recommended.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 20, 2015, 8:33 a.m.

Thanks for the help guys, that evilkolors guy does sweet work, but not my style!
I'll take a look into the mentioned shops.
P.s I've already got work done, this ain't my first rodeo …
As per usual, not surprised to see the haters show up to get their digs in lol.

June 20, 2015, 8:36 a.m.

The only thing dumber than doing something just because other people do it too is not doing something just because other people do it too.

Yup and we call those people "hipsters".

June 20, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

get one of the chinese characters which actualy say "#18 beef [HTML_REMOVED] broccoli"

June 20, 2015, 3:26 p.m.

I had my tattoo done by Cohen at Paradigm Tattoo Company, and would recommend him to anyone (He's also a mountain biker and I think he lurks on the board). http://www.cohenfloch.com/

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

June 20, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

Ignore the clique first. I find it ironic they parrot the same thing they make fun of - way to be individualistic NBR.

So for skytrain access, Funhouse along Cambie near 14th does good work from what I've seen (two to three pieces) and heard. If you're in the downtown area, Craftsman tattoo has a great rep but I was less than impressed with what He drew up for my foot (didnt have any aspects of what I said I wanted - shark on the foot was there, no black eye or blood in the gums. Hell it didnt even have an open jaw).

A little further in East Van is Electro Lady Lux (I think). They did my sisters and bro n law's pieces, which for the NBR cool kids, was to commemorate my sisters still born.

That's all I know of in the area listed. If you're out in Langley or can get out there, Lady Luck on Fraser Hwy is highly and personally recommended.

Electro Lady Lux is good, they're on commercial I believe. There is another all female tattoo shop in Gastown called Liquid Amber and they do great work as well.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

June 20, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

get one of the chinese characters which actualy say "#18 beef [HTML_REMOVED] broccoli"

I'm thinking of getting one that says "I can read this, you can't."

www.natooke.com

June 21, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

I'm thinking of getting one that says "I can read this, you can't."

Then tell all the gwai lo that it says "love and peace".

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 21, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

Disregarding your close to skytrain and downtown requirements, make the trek to Craftsmans in Whiterock and see Janaya Singer. Shes been tattooing me since 2007 and does incredible work.

yeah bro!!

June 22, 2015, 5 p.m.

I don't have any tattoos, but Nomi Chi is pretty awesome. Gastown Tattoo, close to downtown.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nomi-Chi-draws-pictures/46350517665?fref=ts

June 23, 2015, 1:07 a.m.

^Agreed, super talented (all artists at Gastown are though).

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

June 23, 2015, 1:29 p.m.

I don't have any tattoos, but Nomi Chi is pretty awesome. Gastown Tattoo, close to downtown.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nomi-Chi-draws-pictures/46350517665?fref=ts

That's the style I'm after, thank you! I will check them out!

June 23, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

That is fucking amazing work.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 23, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

I've had all of my tattoos done by Nomi Chi. I'll post pics later. But she is fast and accurate in her work. creative and a no bs sort of person. she won't do cliche "tribal" tattoos and such. She did a piece that covered the entire inside of my forearm in one sitting which would have taken other artists a couple sessions. quality was great.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

June 23, 2015, 3:47 p.m.

Thanks DKL - I emailed her and she is unfortunately not taking any appointments, she said she would likely open her books up again around Christmas time, so I may end up waiting until then, unless I happen to find another artist who has art on that same level/similar uniqueness. Christmas works pretty well for me anyway, better time of the year for healing and I won't have much else to do, comparatively to summer time anyway.
You guys know of any more artists in the lower mainland who have a similar vibe to Nomi that I should check out?