Syria

May 7, 2012, 12:18 a.m.

Tungstens sig always makes me laugh.

People without guns don't shoot people.

Correct, they just stab them with sharp pointy things and throw rocks instead.

May 7, 2012, 5:08 a.m.

Lol @ the tags for this thread.

May 7, 2012, 8:03 a.m.

Maybe Assad wants the west to pay for oil using gold. That's what Kaddafi wanted [HTML_REMOVED] he was murdered because of it.

Thread killer

May 7, 2012, 1:49 p.m.

Maybe Assad wants the west to pay for oil using gold. That's what Kaddafi wanted [HTML_REMOVED] he was murdered because of it.

Assad ain't got no oil to speak of.

Gathafi were murdered 'cause when the US would offer some African nation beaucoup $$$$$ so's they (the US) could restation their base at Stuttgart (Africom) to somewheres in Africa Gathafi would then offer said nation twice as much $$$$$ to flip Uncle Sam the bird.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 8, 2012, 10:47 a.m.

Interesting imagery here http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/07/05/the_little_syrian_town_that_could
This picture gets my ire up because I did not like Bush 1 or 2, but it shows a different
perspective though.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 8, 2012, 1:24 p.m.

:lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Photoshopped!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :rocker:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 8, 2012, 3:12 p.m.

Give me the Coles notes version of yet another counter punch ADD essay. I'm sorry, I read
that three times, and I found it so disorganized I was unable to follow any thought process
there. I found myself drowning in hyperbole:

US Imperialism is incorrigible in its determination to control the wealth and peoples of the earth. Where economic warfare won’t do the trick, then there is always the possibility of a military meltdown, and if it the desired outcome is a long shot, the odds can be leveled with a bombing campaign. If, from the standpoint of the imperial do-gooder a wayward state can always be redirected one way or the other, the act of setting the political context is a cynical project of designing appearances.

Leading questions with only slanted opinion as answers:

But, would the alternative have been better? Are Egyptians and Jordanians so much better off than Syrians? Are they more prosperous? more free? It is not so much that I support the Assad government, but that I cannot look at the Middle East without seeing the negative consequences of western imperialism. It isn’t a lack of respect for people there that causes me to question what kind of society they can build in a context where the very sovereignty of their countries is under siege.

Lists that say nothing, but "seem" to say the things on it is bad/wrong. I find it as
contrived as any Fox news or PETA propaganda. It's more vague and misleading than the
bible. Seriously, post something that shows facts, has a thread of thought and where
this and all the photos I linked to were photoshopped.

July 8, 2012, 3:40 p.m.

HIBULlitT, why do you even bother?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 8, 2012, 3:49 p.m.

hes unemployed.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 8, 2012, 4:48 p.m.

Counterpunch ???

Have any credible sources?

July 8, 2012, 4:59 p.m.

hes unemployed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atPYaxX0lM

July 8, 2012, 9:11 p.m.

I miss stacy kohut :(

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 8, 2012, 10:31 p.m.

Counterpunch ???

Have any credible sources?

Read her CV, she's lived in the middle east? :idea:

Where have you lived, besides maybe Appalachia? :lol:

West speaks with a forked tongue on the Arab Spring …from the Toronto Star! Aaaaaaaaahhh! Worlds colide! Worlds colide!

July 9, 2012, 1:11 a.m.

Read her CV, she's lived in the middle east?

She has visited Suleimaniya, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, and been to Iran twice (neither Arab areas). She has not been to Syria because the Syrian government won't let aid organizations or the foreign press in. Why?

Aug. 5, 2012, 11:36 p.m.

"A fascinating shift has happened in the US mainstream media: After a year of anti-Syria war propaganda and lies, glimmers of truth are making their way into the public's view. This may be too little too late: the country is being torn at the seams into the nightmare of ethnic-religious cleansing and massacres.

After non-stop war mongering, The New York Times took a second to report on the more complex nature of the conflict in Syria. Apparently, the previous, ongoing reports about the Syrian army indiscriminately massacring citizens in the city of Homs was simply a lie, repeated over and over.

It now turns out that the exact opposite was true.

In actuality, many of the refugees fleeing Homs were persecuted Christians, attacked by members of the Free Syrian Army, who have been killing religious minorities in an attempt to recruit hard-line Sunnis in Syria as they wage a religious war against the Syrian secular state."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/05-3