Syria

Feb. 5, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

I love the smell of a phoney revolution in the morning. Smells like,…..Lybia

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 5, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

"The report is adamant. There was no organized, lethal repression by the Syrian government against peaceful protesters. Instead, the report points to shady armed gangs as responsible for hundreds of deaths among Syrian civilians, and over one thousand among the Syrian army, using lethal tactics such as bombing of civilian buses, bombing of trains carrying diesel oil, bombing of police buses and bombing of bridges and pipelines.

Once again, the official NATO/GCC version of Syria is of a popular uprising smashed by bullets and tanks. Instead, BRICS members Russia and China, and large swathes of the developing world see it as the Syrian government fighting heavily armed foreign mercenaries. The report largely confirms these suspicions."

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 5, 2012, 7:56 p.m.

Can you bear witness to a major event or uprising anywhere in the world without convincing yourself that it's been orchestrated entirely by the "western" intelligence machine? You have a problem. I happen to have very close, personal ties to Syria, and I can assure you (without providing any sort of references for the safety of their family) that this uprising is real and the people involved are sincere in their need for the end of the Assad regime. The secret police in that country outnumber citizens, and people are disappeared on a very regular basis - not surprisingly, they're sick of it. Get over yourself and don't downplay other people's misery.

Feb. 5, 2012, 8:05 p.m.

Can you bear witness to a major event or uprising anywhere in the world without convincing yourself that it's been orchestrated entirely by the "western" intelligence machine? You have a problem…..blah blah blah………….

Read it………..

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/Report_of_Arab_League_Observer_Mission.pdf

Here as well is the authors e-mail. [email protected].

Contact him and tell him he's full of shit and demand an explanation. Tell us how that goes.

Feb. 5, 2012, 8:21 p.m.

Read it………..

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/Report_of_Arab_League_Observer_Mission.pdf

Here as well is the authors e-mail. [email protected].

Contact him and tell him he's full of shit and demand an explanation. Tell us how that goes.

Never mind that multiple monitors left the delegation because they felt uncomfortable with the restricted and puppet access that the Assad regime was giving them, or that journalists haven't had access legal access to the country since the uprising started. You have no idea what you're talking about here… moonbat crazy. You have absolutely no idea the capability that Assad has for disinformation, and you clearly do not know any Syrian nationals or Canadian expats well enough to have earned their trust.

Feb. 5, 2012, 8:37 p.m.

Feb. 5, 2012, 9:01 p.m.

You have absolutely no idea the capability that Assad has for disinformation,.

:argue:
It's not Assad you dummy, it's the Israelies. Or is it the Qataris?

Feb. 5, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

http://izle.es/breaking-news-syria-assads-army-cuts-children-face-off-252012-in-babaamr-section-in-homs.html

dont watch video you'll puke.

Feb. 5, 2012, 10:59 p.m.

Amazing how brutal humans can be.

Syria is a major shit disturber in the Middle East. Getting rid of the regime and some stability in that country will go a long way to making the region more peaceful.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 5, 2012, 11:03 p.m.

Can you bear witness to a major event or uprising anywhere in the world without convincing yourself that it's been orchestrated entirely by the "western" intelligence machine? You have a problem. I happen to have very close, personal ties to Syria, and I can assure you (without providing any sort of references for the safety of their family) that this uprising is real and the people involved are sincere in their need for the end of the Assad regime. The secret police in that country outnumber citizens, and people are disappeared on a very regular basis - not surprisingly, they're sick of it. Get over yourself and don't downplay other people's misery.

I'll go with first hand accounts from people I trust WAY WAY WAY before believing some online article.

Also, isn't it entirely possible that Pepe is a dupe? Willing or not makes no difference. If disinformation is going on at all, some journalist I've never heard, at an outlet I've never heard of, is the LAST person I'm going to trust over people I know 'on the ground'.

www.vitalmtb.com

Feb. 5, 2012, 11:34 p.m.

Getting rid of the regime and some stability in that country will go a long way to making the region more peaceful.

Is it really possible to get any stability in this region at all?

At this point I think the only way for them to get their "peace" is for us to have replaced our use of oil with alternate means.

Feb. 5, 2012, 11:44 p.m.

I don't see this as an oil issue as much as a philosophy on the nature of power, government, and religion. I think oil revenues follow those things when it comes to instability.

www.vitalmtb.com

Feb. 5, 2012, 11:54 p.m.

Is it really possible to get any stability in this region at all?

At this point I think the only way for them to get their "peace" is for us to have replaced our use of oil with alternate means.

It was volatile before oil.

A bit I openness and education will go a long way.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 6, 2012, 5:40 a.m.

It was volatile before oil.

A bit I openness and education will go a long way.

Our views of peace in the middle east won't be taken, ever. We simply don't get it in the west because Religion is not an intrinsic part of who we are. We don't understand Holy lands, and we don't hold each other accountable for the actions of forefathers so far past that their existence is disputed by scholars. It is very much a different world in the Middle East, and a society much much older than ours. They've seen the rise and fall of several Western empires, all the while remaining pretty much the same as they always have - except the weaponry gets bigger.

It's not Assad you dummy, it's the Israelies. Or is it the Qataris?

If the citizenry of Syria want a regime change, they'll make it happen. They are some of the most resourceful people I've ever met - they have to be to stay alive, because one in 4 people belong to the secret police either as an officer or an informer. Anybody who dissents or even talks about Politics without giving praise to Assad or his family members is disappeared, never to be seen again. You will never hear a Syrian citizen discuss political affairs in a public setting, because the secret police of Assad stretch beyond his borders and he kills family members in retaliation for international dispute. He is a brutal dictator from a family of brutal dictators with a hierarchy that supports him and his family blindly at the upper levels

Like I said above, my information is better. You don't have to believe me, and frankly, I don't care if you do. Nothing some crazy liberal moonbat conspiracy theorist writes on a bike forum is going to affect the geopolitical policy of any nation anyway, and the regime change is already underway and gaining momentum.

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:38 a.m.

The OP is, I am sorry, unbelievable. Actually, I am speechless, and was close to using the word "retarded" and not "unbelievable". How effed up does media literacy have to be to believe this?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer