S.U.P recommendations

July 7, 2014, 2:22 p.m.

I went to Nitinat kiteboarding a few weeks ago. Lots of people use SUPs in the morning to tool around while waiting for the wind to pick up. Once there's wind and something more exciting to do nobody SUPs.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 7, 2014, 2:31 p.m.

I went to Nitinat kiteboarding a few weeks ago. Lots of people use SUPs in the morning to tool around while waiting for the wind to pick up. Once there's wind and something more exciting to do nobody SUPs.

Speaking of lame: kiteboarding. I used to have a kite, then I turned 12 and threw it in the trash.

July 7, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

Ripping around an isolated BC lake at 60km/h without a boat. Worst time ever.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 7, 2014, 3:56 p.m.

Definitely good for lake fishing and fairly portable. Just not so hot for the ocean.

How so? Some of them for sure, but some that I tried glide really well.

July 7, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

What's wrong with a good ol canoe?

Pastor of Muppets

July 7, 2014, 4:21 p.m.

What's wrong with a good ol canoe?

Stand up canoe or kite canoe?

July 7, 2014, 4:44 p.m.

Stand up canoe or kite canoe?

Thinking more along the lines of a sitting on my butt drinking a beer variety of canoe

Pastor of Muppets

July 7, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

On a lake, it just seems like a slow way of getting no where while looking like a fucking gay hipster.

Farmer for president.

Also, $700 for a piece of floating plastic? Definition of a hipster sport right there.

Clunking is for retards.

July 7, 2014, 5:15 p.m.

Why would you come on to a thread about SUP's just to complain that you think they're stupid?

I just wanted to see some drama. Disappointed :(

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 7, 2014, 6:15 p.m.

Thinking more along the lines of a sitting on my butt drinking a beer variety of canoe

this. way better than kayaking too, you can bring a full size cooler with you for lunch and beverages and you can lay down and take a nap like a SUP but not worry about rolling off. all you need is a truck or a empty two bar roof rack to transport it around and one person can portage it easily.

July 7, 2014, 6:31 p.m.

I think most if you are missing the fact that this is for my Wife and little kids, mainly the wife.
Can she carry and transport a canoe, come on now.

I won't be there as I hope the SUP will allow for me to hit the trails more often while we are on a camping trip or something she can jus pack up with kids and head to a local lake while I'm working, ( she has the summers off)

If it easy enough for her to carry and transport I feel it will be good value.

July 7, 2014, 6:33 p.m.

Lots of good info as well from others, looks like I should check out the inflatables which if it weren't for this post I'd steer clear of

Cheers

July 7, 2014, 7:51 p.m.

Do you buy your bikes or your skis at sportchek, probably not, becuz they don't know anything, buy you sup gear from the local store if you possibly can, it keeps the local scene happening.

A good thing about inflatable boards is when you fall on the board it doesn't hurt and of course the ability to stow the board might be a big thing for the downtown folks

July 7, 2014, 8:16 p.m.

this. way better than kayaking too, you can bring a full size cooler with you for lunch and beverages and you can lay down and take a nap like a SUP but not worry about rolling off. all you need is a truck or a empty two bar roof rack to transport it around and one person can portage it easily.

/thread

Pastor of Muppets

July 7, 2014, 8:18 p.m.

I think most if you are missing the fact that this is for my Wife and little kids, mainly the wife.
Can she carry and transport a canoe, come on now.

I won't be there as I hope the SUP will allow for me to hit the trails more often while we are on a camping trip or something she can jus pack up with kids and head to a local lake while I'm working, ( she has the summers off)

If it easy enough for her to carry and transport I feel it will be good value.

She can't shoulder a 45 lb canoe with a yoke,but she can cart around a Sup with no handles?

Weird.

Pastor of Muppets