sup nsmb

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:39 p.m.

don't think that school is going to solve things. imo you need to be whole before you go to school.

Agreed. I was pretty happy before I went to university, but the stress of 5 years of engineering school broke me down pretty good. While you may be sure of what you want your life to look like when you're done school, make sure that you're ready for life during school, it's not for the faint of heart. Good luck!

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:41 p.m.

Sometimes all people need is to be on the right path and things can feel better for them.

true, that can help. but if one is looking at making significant life changes then putting oneself in a pressured situation might not be the best move. some people do get their shit together in the face of adversity, some fall apart.

imo it would be better to simplify life so the only thing to focus on is personal growth. then when some significant progress is made move on to the next challenge such as education.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:45 p.m.

Really? My life has progressively gotten better as I got older. Some more details to worry about but overall much better.

I'm saying you are faced with many more life changing decisions as you get older…If he can't get it together over a school decision and his social life like everyone else has to do when they are much younger than him, then he's got a lot of growing up to do…he needs to suck it up and be a man…or he needs to get some real help. Not the help of a disfunctional mountain bike forum….

Umm…no.

Depression, anxiety disorders, panic disorders, personality disorders,schizophrenia, etc., are known to strike most frequently in males when they are in their early 20s.

Crying is a good thing; supression is the worst thing you be doing. This is one area where the female of our species have things right.

see above…

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:46 p.m.

I have faith in faithless. Imagine what magin can do if he puts his mind to it. Once he gets rolling, I'm sure he'll be a whirlwind - no - a hurricane of success.

Yeah, sorry. couldn't resist.

Andreas. Good luck and hang in there. Change is possible. Look at Count Blah. He grew up. I'm still waiting to see if LMM will resurface as an adult.

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:46 p.m.

Faithless, good on you for making a change.

Keep in mind that you still need to keep a balance. If you are not careful you will replace the last 4 years of all work and no life. It will be replaced by endless school and no life.

Part of you making a change is you need to look at the rest of your life. You need other activities - basketball or bike rides to balance it out. I recall looking back in your post and thread archives that you where all hot to trot about mountain bikes. Then it seems to have faded around the beginning of the 4 years leading to now.

Dust off that bike and start spending time elsewhere in NSMB.com. Spend less time in NBR unless your posting boobies.

Oh, and remember. This is the internet and we are all jerks and assholes around here.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:49 p.m.

Dust off that bike and start spending time elsewhere in NSMB.com. Spend less time in NBR unless your posting boobies.

"you're" posting boobies…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:50 p.m.

real life is about a lot more than just a paycheque.

And is frequently forgotten that a paycheque won't make you happy.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:50 p.m.

"you're" posting boobies…

No Egg Nog for you.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:58 p.m.

Agreed. I was pretty happy before I went to university, but the stress of 5 years of engineering school broke me down pretty good. While you may be sure of what you want your life to look like when you're done school, make sure that you're ready for life during school, it's not for the faint of heart. Good luck!

I'm in that stressfull time right meow.

Majin, Consider how long you will be in school for and make sure you are set up financially as best as you can, and manage your time properly. Have a routine and schedule you keep that includes homework, socialization, women, hobbies and physical fitness. Riding works for two of those. Socialize with women, and presto you only have 3 things to plan for ;)

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:10 p.m.

One thing to keep in mind about course load. Don't attempt to follow the 5-6 years in 4 methodology. I have seen a lot of students breaking down in the last couple of years because of this.

Better to keep the course load smaller and do well at them. Then a bigger one and barely pass.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:13 p.m.

im gunna change my life too

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:17 p.m.

don't ever change adam, we love the loser that you are.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:21 p.m.

im a loser ?!:(

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:25 p.m.

So, you moving?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 13, 2010, 6:28 p.m.

I'm not going to pretend I have everything figured out at the ripe old age of 23…but I like to think the above quote describes my life pretty well

PS: Ride your bike as much as you can. It's amazing how happy I am after a long ride (:

Bicycles!