sup nsmb

Dec. 13, 2010, 12:52 a.m.

long time no post.

after suffering a serious mental breakdown and having horrible thoughts run through my mind ive decided to change my life

first

http://www.revscene.net/forums/heading-back-school-t632197.html

also getting rid of my tl.

I wish I listened to you guys 4 years ago.

Now I have the ambition and passion to change my life.

Sorry for being a smart ass.

Any tips would be helpful.

Dec. 13, 2010, 12:59 a.m.

be humble.

Dec. 13, 2010, 1:07 a.m.

pulls up a seat

Dec. 13, 2010, 1:32 a.m.

are you super set on langara??

here is the program outline at lethbridge college/ U of lethbridge - my cousin is in the program there and really enjoys it:

http://www.uleth.ca/ross/ppgs/nurs_bn.pdf

there are a bunch of non-nursing electives that you could chip away at this upcoming semester and get transfer credit without actually being accepted into any nursing program. if you've already done some electives you'll have a lighter course load further down the road.

Dec. 13, 2010, 1:56 a.m.

im set on BCIT. I will throw out alot of applications though. Essentially I'm looking for the fastest path there and If I have to leave province to get there I will do it.

Dec. 13, 2010, 2:17 a.m.

What's a serious mental breakdown?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 13, 2010, 2:23 a.m.

What's a serious mental breakdown?

1 week of crying nonsensically

1 week of crying while playing any form of video games

Panic attacks to the point where I had to lie down. Not wanting to get out of bed. It was actually pretty bad for me last month. I havn't worked at the bar for a month.

i guess working 60 hours a week for 3 years, having 1 day off a week and destroying my social life really got to me.

Dec. 13, 2010, 2:46 a.m.

Lots of people jump into uni right out of highschool, not really sure about what they want to do. They rack up a metric shit-ton of debt doing something they either quit at, or end up stuck working at something they hate.

At least you know what you want to do.

Do your volunteer work, even if it ends up taking you nowhere for admittance for now. Volly work is good to have on your resume, it's experience in a hospital that you'll draw upon later when you eventually do get in, and you have the chance to meet like-minded hotty nurses (or a doctor like WayneP :))
But better: doing the volly work will let you know if it's something you really want to do before really committing to it.
I've dated nurses before… There's a whole lot of cleaning up piss/shit/blood/puke involved, and dealing with people who aren't feeling/acting their best. Then there's the physical work involved.

Feeling stressed now? You wanna do the opposite of sitting on your ass.
Go ride a bike for a bit, even if it sucks out. You'll feel better after.
Or lift weights. Or jog around the block. Anything is better than sitting on your ass playing video games.

Fucking do it Majin.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Dec. 13, 2010, 2:50 a.m.

Chin up.

Dec. 13, 2010, 3:14 a.m.

Do cardio for the stress. No weights - just jogging or biking or rowing or walking. The more frequently, the better.

Don't pop pills. Period.

If you want to do something, you either do it or you don't; Yoda had it right on this point.

For self esteem, watch some Stuart Smalley videos.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 13, 2010, 3:17 a.m.

Not sure if you are trolling as usual or not lol….

My step brother is 30 and getting out of construction to become one of those dudes in the hospital that transfers patients from room to room, reads charts, takes them for operations etc. His wife is in radiology and says there is a need for a transfer dudes. Easier than nurse, sounds more manly too lol.

Pick up the book, What to say when talking to yourself. Good self help book on positive thinking was the start of getting me of a ten year addiction to anti-depressants/anxiety meds.

Break downs suck….heal up day by day. Gets better.

Dec. 13, 2010, 4 a.m.

one hitter, rub off a batch, nap, bike ride or exercise of choice. good to go man. good to go

Dec. 13, 2010, 4:55 a.m.

im set on BCIT.

mmmkay….

I will throw out alot of applications though.

huh?

Essentially I'm looking for the fastest path there and If I have to leave province to get there I will do it.

facepalm

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 13, 2010, 5:03 a.m.

Write your objectives down. What do you need for BCIT? What do you need for the paths to take you there?

Talk to various sources from BCIT/Langara advisors to your local community unemployment office. If you talk to anyone else be it friends to coworkers, if its not positive and supportive, call them out on it and ask why they gots to be like dat or don't listen to them. Or, find the flip side like Fast Orange would and spite them.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 13, 2010, 6:37 a.m.

Crap I'm attending BCIT too.