sup nsmb

Dec. 15, 2010, 9:39 a.m.

Well I need to upgrade my grades first since you need minimum prerequisites. I'm also applying at 4 different schools, and their stipulation is the same. I'm hoping bcit though. 3 years is nice, and I'd take the risk of student loans and quitting my job.

By the summer I should have everything done, If I get in by jan 2012. I'll work all of the winter, save up enough cash, quit and pull out student loans and focus on school.

all sounds fine, but don't let this down the road stuff be an excuse for procrastination

ask yourself what you are doing every day to win the day.

baby steps

written goals. written goals…… written goals

oh, and write your goals down on paper
week
month
year
5 year

look at them once a week minimum

Dec. 15, 2010, 9:44 a.m.

Almost 20,000 posts and 400000 in rep points!!!!!!! Faithless look up to this guy

:lol:

NSMB guru.

Dec. 15, 2010, 9:44 a.m.

You had a mental breakdown because of the stress of working at a warehouse and a bar and you want to go into nursing?

Dec. 15, 2010, 11:49 a.m.

Go spend a week or two here….all will do you good!

http://birken.ca

or

http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schsurabhi.shtml

or

http://www.espiritudeanaconda.org/open1E.html

Dec. 15, 2010, 12:27 p.m.

You had a mental breakdown because of the stress of working at a warehouse and a bar and you want to go into nursing?

nope, because I woke up realizing that i have no purpose in life.

Dec. 15, 2010, 12:48 p.m.

How hard is it to be supportive of a guy on the internets?

Write down what you want to do, how you can do it, and do that now not tomorrow.

Dec. 15, 2010, 12:55 p.m.

you're 24 eh?

if i'm correct, once you're 25, you qualify as a "mature student" and anything high school related is out the window.

clean slate so to speak

someone correct me if i'm wrong

I had a friend decide to be a nurse when she was probably 28ish at Langara. Before she could get in she had to go back and upgrade some of her high school courses. I think chem and bio. She I would expect BCIT would have similar requirements.

On a side note… All of her nursing friends that I met over the years were over the age of 25. So you won't be the old guy in the program by far.

Dec. 15, 2010, 1:42 p.m.

So I got an email back from a program advisor. From what it seems like I need to take transferable first year courses for best chances on getting in, even though the "average" is 60 post secondary credits.

Anyone taken any of the libs courses at bcit?

Dec. 16, 2010, 12:31 a.m.

Filling out my student loan application :/

Dec. 16, 2010, 8:59 a.m.

Filling out my student loan application :/

picz?

Dec. 16, 2010, 9:46 a.m.

nope, because I woke up realizing that i have no purpose in life.

That's an awakening.
I know you're emotional and all, but everyone has purpose. You're at the age now where you're asking more of yourself, a prime example of maturity.

You're on the right track majin. Stay positive, and goal driven, but most of all, every morning you wake up, ask yourself….. "What change can I make today that will make my life better?"

It may be jogging one day, and calling your mom the next. But the bottom line is that every day you will do something that makes you feel good about yourself.

:woot:

Dec. 16, 2010, 9:48 a.m.

That's an awakening.
I know you're emotional and all, but everyone has purpose. You're at the age now where you're asking more of yourself, a prime example of maturity.

thats a good point…

do volunteer work… its pretty rewarding. you'll learn alot… and it can be pretty humbling.

Dec. 16, 2010, 9:55 a.m.

Werd!
Adding to what rainmaker said, I met some really cool people while volunteering. Some of which I wouldn't have met without spending that time doing good things for people.

Dec. 18, 2010, 4:31 a.m.

Thought I'd post an update.

One good thing about working for a large corperation is that they paid me to go see counsilling because it has effected my work.

I suffer from depression and anxiety syndrome and have something called a quarter life crisis.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quarter%20life%20crisis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter-life_crisis

Glad I had this before I was 25 I guess. I've reduced my shifts to twice a week at the club and twice a week at the warehouse. This will provide more than enough money for school, and I'm applying for grants/bursary's/scholarships.

I've found one thing thats occured to me is I'm really really lonely. I've been trying to hang out with one of my bro's alot and my uncle as they seem to offer the most comfort, but damn I need to start networking when I start school, and maybe stop pushing away the women that I meet at the club and just fool around a little.

Dec. 18, 2010, 5:32 a.m.

Wait until you hit your mid life crisis. It's ten times worse.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells