sup nsmb

Jan. 4, 2011, 12:02 a.m.

Exactly so spend the money and go on the trip or buy the camera.

Jan. 4, 2011, 1:39 a.m.

Yes, I'm socializing more too. I havn't spent much time at home. And when I work I try to think resiliently about my future on how I can "bounce back".

Who knows how I feel in a week though. I have a bit of a nest saved up, but I want to go buy a camera and try to get back into the business (because damn, did photography ever make me happy) but I just don't want to spend the money right now. I'm also contemplating flying down to arizona and go to the monastery because flights are uber cheap (250 if I leave tomorrow for 3 days)

you can't put a price on happiness

This. You either do it or you do not, there is no "contemplating" if it is about your happiness - if you have the urge to go, then do it.
Remember, we are talking about your personal happiness and mental well-being here, so no fooling around.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 4, 2011, 10:31 a.m.

you can't put a price on happiness

But like love you can put a price on all it's accessories.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 4, 2011, 10:49 a.m.

Bump: Still feeling pretty down 3 months later. Therapy can't come soon enough.

you take 20+ years to get as fucked up as you are and suddenly you want/expect an instant fix … it does not work like that

its a journey

Jan. 4, 2011, 11:03 a.m.

Yes, I'm socializing more too. I havn't spent much time at home. And when I work I try to think resiliently about my future on how I can "bounce back".

Who knows how I feel in a week though. I have a bit of a nest saved up, but I want to go buy a camera and try to get back into the business (because damn, did photography ever make me happy) but I just don't want to spend the money right now. I'm also contemplating flying down to arizona and go to the monastery because flights are uber cheap (250 if I leave tomorrow for 3 days)

majin, hopefully this all pans out for you, but I've got to say this post is sounding a little like the majin from the past.

I want to, I hope to, I should, I'm considering… these are all ideas getting in the way

stop thinking and …. DO

you wake up in the morning and you do it. that is the only option. you just have to decide (now) what "it" is

set goals for the day, week, month and year

for you, right now, the most important is the DAY

what are you going to do, today, to make your life better and you happier. then at the end of the day look back and hold yourself accountable and plan the next day. and so on and so on

Not to sound insenstive, but there are tonnes of people who have been through FAR worse than you and gone on to do wonderful things. stop wallowing. if a dr thinks you have mental health issues then by all means deal with it - but remember, this is you and this is today…. make it happen

Jan. 4, 2011, 11:31 a.m.

I thought you signed up with the army?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 26, 2011, 8:26 p.m.

Go look up stuff on happiness. Saw something today that was interesting. According to research on the brain one activity a month with a group brings the same level of happiness in the brain.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 27, 2011, 9:49 a.m.

Go look up stuff on happiness. Saw something today that was interesting. According to research on the brain one activity a month with a group brings the same level of happiness in the brain.

You watch Oprah Winfrey too!

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Jan. 27, 2011, 11:53 a.m.

majin, hopefully this all pans out for you, but I've got to say this post is sounding a little like the majin from the past.

I want to, I hope to, I should, I'm considering… these are all ideas getting in the way

stop thinking and …. DO

you wake up in the morning and you do it. that is the only option. you just have to decide (now) what "it" is

set goals for the day, week, month and year

for you, right now, the most important is the DAY

what are you going to do, today, to make your life better and you happier. then at the end of the day look back and hold yourself accountable and plan the next day. and so on and so on

Not to sound insenstive, but there are tonnes of people who have been through FAR worse than you and gone on to do wonderful things. stop wallowing. if a dr thinks you have mental health issues then by all means deal with it - but remember, this is you and this is today…. make it happen

whoa

Jan. 27, 2011, 1:02 p.m.

You watch Oprah Winfrey too!

It helps with the whole " Honey I'd like to have sex" thing.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk