Summer School (full credit)

July 6, 2004, 12:38 p.m.

i know its a waste of summer but i kinda like it. I failed 2 classes chem and math, and since there full i took full credit english 12 to free up my schedule. But know i have something to do in the summer, and im meeting alot of new people, but im the only white guy in the school (no joke)

July 6, 2004, 1:37 p.m.

Man, you're Greek so that doesn't even really make you white. So really, there are no white people in the school. It's all good. I met my first girlfriend in summer school because I took AP physics for fun.

:nerd:

I take pictures with a camera

July 6, 2004, 3:17 p.m.

Originally posted by MajinHurricane
i know its a waste of summer but i kinda like it. I failed 2 classes chem and math, and since there full i took full credit english 12 to free up my schedule. But know i have something to do in the summer, and im meeting alot of new people, but im the only white guy in the school (no joke)

wow, enjoying going to school on summer holidays. you need a life even more than i do.

and you aren't white - maybe lightskinned, but not caucasian

turn off sigs…it will change your life

July 6, 2004, 3:33 p.m.

hahah, i know it sucks, because i could be doing better stuff, but at least im getting ahead and worrying about my future :cool:

July 6, 2004, 3:48 p.m.

hahah, i know it sucks, because i could be doing better stuff, but at least im getting ahead and worrying about my future :cool:

Dont pull that "I'm worrying about my future". If you had really cared about your future you wouldnt have fucked up the first time round.

July 6, 2004, 4:05 p.m.

Originally posted by niXon
Dont pull that "I'm worrying about my future". If you had really cared about your future you wouldnt have fucked up the first time round.

yep. you have to really not try in order to fail two subjects in public school.

July 6, 2004, 4:36 p.m.

not really, becasue getting ahead isnt repeating a course you should've passed in the first place.

Originally posted by blinded
are you at uvic right now? I have a friend that lives on campus there and he tells me so many crazy stories about doing random chicks and puking on their beds afterwards.

July 6, 2004, 5:06 p.m.

hes getting ahead of where he is now…neway i took chem 11 in summer school(i didn't take it during the school year, just decided i wanted to take chem 12 and needed chem 11) and it was easy focussing on fewer subjects, i got a wicked mark, and it only took 6 weeks, as opposed to the 10 months or 5 months, w/e system ur on..good for u majin.

July 6, 2004, 5:10 p.m.

**i know its a waste of summer

you got that part right!**

July 6, 2004, 5:26 p.m.

If i were you, I wouldn't take math 12 in summer school. They took a survey at UBC. people who got 88% in summer school got 38% in math at ubc whereas people who got 88% in regular school got 68%. It's obvious that they only teach you what you need to know for the provincial, nothing else. But since you're going to fail math 12 in summer school anyways, might as well take it, and then take math12 in regular school again. Maybe take math12 again in the following summer?

July 6, 2004, 5:32 p.m.

summer school is a joke, but not as big of a joke as english 12.

it's not a waste of summer, you can easily pull a B and attend half the course.

…but then again you don't know the diff between there/their/they're

Originally posted by wheeler
Dirty little whore alert!!!!!!!!!!!

July 6, 2004, 5:33 p.m.

Originally posted by kay_z
**summer school is a joke, but not as big of a joke as english 12.

it's not a waste of summer, you can easily pull a B and attend half the course.

…but then again you don't know the diff between there/their/they're **

euh.. they'll kick you out if you miss two days of school

July 6, 2004, 5:38 p.m.

Originally posted by bokinator
It's obvious that they only teach you what you need to know for the provincial, nothing else. But since you're going to fail math 12 in summer school anyways, might as well take it, and then take math12 in regular school again. Maybe take math12 again in the following summer?

they don't even give you the provincial!

i just finished taking math in night school and the final was a copy paste of the textbook, made by our FOB teacher! but whatever, now i've got 89% on my transcript and it'll get me into BCIT ;)

July 6, 2004, 5:40 p.m.

Originally posted by bokinator
euh.. they'll kick you out if you miss two days of school

they didn't kick me out!

but they'll probably use that as an excuse to kick you out if you're failing ;)

July 6, 2004, 11:17 p.m.

Originally posted by redrider
hes getting ahead of where he is now…neway i took chem 11 in summer school(i didn't take it during the school year, just decided i wanted to take chem 12 and needed chem 11) and it was easy focussing on fewer subjects, i got a wicked mark, and it only took 6 weeks, as opposed to the 10 months or 5 months, w/e system ur on..good for u majin.

well im going on to grade 12, so hopefully i get a good mark. Im really trying my ass off. But if theres a mark next year im not happy with ill just take it in summer school after grade 12.