Subsidised Post Secondary Education

July 20, 2013, 11:13 p.m.

So this is how it goes down.

People who hate their country, or are too uneducated have difficulty understanding the benefit of unadulterated research and development of their general populace.

If a twilight course imparts the ability for the student to articulate and defend their opinion, they are miles ahead of the general discourse here.

July 20, 2013, 11:42 p.m.

If a twilight course imparts the ability for the student to articulate and defend their opinion, they are miles ahead of the general discourse here.

Agreed, however at least make the subject matter of the course/course material about something with more substance than a pop culture phenomenon which will be forgotten the minute the final movie hits DVD shelves.

Shed head!

July 21, 2013, 12:03 a.m.

So the meaning of life is that whoever dies with the most toys wins. Sounds good to me.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 21, 2013, 12:05 a.m.

Does a collection of multiple bikes suffice?

Shed head!

July 21, 2013, 1:24 a.m.

zombies arent art

hahhahahahahahahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fuck the world

July 21, 2013, 4:19 a.m.

My BA in philosophy has opened a ton of doors for me. I have no regrets, and while I paid my portion through hard work in the patch, I am also eternally grateful to scholarship funds and tax dollars for helping me with it. I write a cheque for 1000 annually to my Alma mater and I intend on carrying on with that or a larger sum forever.

July 21, 2013, 5:04 a.m.

People who say "I'm sick of my tax dollars…blah blah blah.." sound so fucking stupid.

They're not your tax dollars. If they were in any way yours they wouldn't be tax dollars.

Focus on your own life ffs.

www.natooke.com

July 21, 2013, 7:13 a.m.

So, for anyone who is sick of seeing their tax dollars "wasted"…whatca gonna do about it?

I mean really, you will take the time to rant and rave on the internet (doing a little research along the way), why not stand up and throw your hat in the ring next election and fight for reform?

I double dog dare ya.

Pastor of Muppets

July 21, 2013, 7:14 a.m.

People who say "I'm sick of my tax dollars…blah blah blah.." sound so fucking stupid.

They're not your tax dollars. If they were in any way yours they wouldn't be tax dollars.

I go to work, earn money and my employer deducts 40% of my dollars and sends them to the government in taxes…So you say money deducted from my pay cheque to pay taxes aren't my contribution or tax dollars? Of course they are. Every cent each of us pays in taxes/contributions are our tax dollars. When I pay my income tax and property taxes they are my tax dollars being contributed. We are focusing on our own lives, and how much better they could be if we weren't getting assraped by taxes to fund bullshit like vampire studies, the energy industry, MP and MLA golden pensions, our useless senate etc etc ad nauseum.

The typical Vancouver attitude is to think the world owes you something.

Entilted…great comment Random Hero.

July 21, 2013, 7:22 a.m.

So, for anyone who is sick of seeing their tax dollars "wasted"…whatca gonna do about it?

I mean really, you will take the time to rant and rave on the internet (doing a little research along the way), why not stand up and throw your hat in the ring next election and fight for reform?

I double dog dare ya.

Plan on doing just that,after my professional career ends in about eight years.
I have a plan too, going to start in local politics and then try to win the nomination as the provincial legislature representative for my area.

July 21, 2013, 7:31 a.m.

Plan on doing just that,after my professional career ends in about eight years.
I have a plan too, going to start in local politics and then try to win the nomination as the provincial legislature representative for my area.

Good on ya..i"ll be watching.

In the mean time, IMO Denmark does it right.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123126942

Pastor of Muppets

July 21, 2013, 8:59 a.m.

Agreed, however at least make the subject matter of the course/course material about something with more substance than a pop culture phenomenon which will be forgotten the minute the final movie hits DVD shelves.

Is it not still a genre, do you just say it didn't happen?

"Uh ya, we don't know what happened at this point in history cuz there is no record of it and nobody knows anything about it"?

July 21, 2013, 11:07 a.m.

That's where you're wrong. Everyone doesn't need a degree, obviously proven by how many pukes sat down, learned some shit and hit the real world thinking they are the best ever in whatever chosen genre, only to be shown they aren't more than a petty barrista with a piece of paper that showed they learned something from a textbook.

The realization that without experience you arent shit hits the "pukes" pretty hard, and then the tears start flowing.

yeah bro!!

July 21, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

Same ass hats who want all those benefits..health care, EI, Welfare, and such. But pay more taxes? Hell no.

Same people who then whine how Quebec has so many more benefits then the rest. The citizens are willing to pay more in taxes to have them. And they pay way more in taxes then some whiny engineer in Alberta or BC.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 21, 2013, 4:46 p.m.

zombies arent art

hahhahahahahahahahhahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fuck the world

Neither is a Rembrant painting for that matter. Oil splotch representations of pasty white people on canvas? Yet people pay hundreds of millions for them. "Value" and "Worth" (and you can include in salaries, and net worth) is not about inherent importance, it is quite often about perception or fashion. I, for one, know that I am unqualified to judge the "value" or "worth" of another human being by their job, their career or their income.