stuff that makes you happy

July 2, 2021, 9:31 a.m.

Port hardy launch. 120 Miles via kayak around Nigei, Hope Island to explore.

very cool. It looks like the weather cooperated. I used to fish in that area back in the day and the rain and fog were pretty regular features in the weather forecasts.

Last edited by: chupacabra on July 2, 2021, 9:31 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 10, 2021, 12:24 p.m.

Just fiished a two-day big ride, yesterday 160, today 180km. Rode home from the North Sea in the south of the Netherlands. 

Next week alittle bitofparkand in two weeks a solid 6 days in Austria with my kid...keeping my fingers crossed, Delta and all that considered.

May 21, 2022, 11:09 a.m.

Finally weather that feels like Spring.

Seeing my parents for the first time since the start of the pandemic. Took them for coffee and double baked almond croissants at Thomas Haas and a stroll on the new trestle bridge walk at Cypress.

First paddle date of the year in Deep Cove. My partner has been struggling with her health for a while, we weren't sure she was ready. Just 50 minutes on the water but she made it.

May 21, 2022, 11:38 a.m.

Awesome Niels, it's great to see/hear about sharing joy with your loved ones.

May 21, 2022, 2:33 p.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

Seeing my parents for the first time since the start of the pandemic. Took them for coffee and double baked almond croissants at Thomas Haas and a stroll on the new trestle bridge walk at Cypress.

First paddle date of the year in Deep Cove. My partner has been struggling with her health for a while, we weren't sure she was ready. Just 50 minutes on the water but she made it.

Nice, what a day. I can feel the cold and smell that ocean from here. Can't wait to be home next month, Vancouver is the stuff that makes me happy 🌝

@Mic, doing the same this summer with my kids, Austria. Hope all the BMX riding helps them deal with Saalbach.

May 22, 2022, 9:14 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: [email protected]

Nice, what a day. I can feel the cold and smell that ocean from here. Can't wait to be home next month, Vancouver is the stuff that makes me happy 🌝

@Mic, doing the same this summer with my kids, Austria. Hope all the BMX riding helps them deal with Saalbach.

Beautiful, thanks for sharing, Niels. 

@hepcat: when will you be in Austria, maybe we can meet for a ride and some drinks? 

Current status: shoulder is healing, inflammation is slowly getting better. And range of movement keeps improving.

May 22, 2022, 11:05 a.m.

Goodluck with the shoulder rehab. There's a happy day on the horizon when you wake up and it no longer hurts.

PM sent about Austria. Don't want the masses to know about that secret place Leogang.

May 22, 2022, 9:13 p.m.

Blue bird day 18C pre bug season up on the bluff with a good running Bullit in boost for railing berms uphill/ downhill

followed by beers at the craft brew with buds, followed by a steak with my favorite Pinot noir

May 24, 2022, 10:03 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Blue bird day 18C pre bug season up on the bluff with a good running Bullit in boost for railing berms uphill/ downhill

followed by beers at the craft brew with buds, followed by a steak with my favorite Pinot noir

This is pretty much the ideal day.  :)

May 24, 2022, 11:15 a.m.

Its actualy pretty much every day, except the bugs are coming & sometimes i cook chicken

May 25, 2022, 4:02 p.m.

My son and I installed a new mailbox for my Dad the other day. He was quite happy with it. It even has a red flag that the postman puts up when there is mail. I think it makes him happy because it reminds him of his days living on the farm back in the day. He now lives in a subdivision.

May 26, 2022, 9:25 a.m.

I saw an old friend this morning dropping his kid off at school and he is leaving town.  It sounds like it wouldn't make me smile but he is cashing out of Squamish to live mortgage free in Kamloops and landed a 100% work from home job with good pay.  :)

May 26, 2022, 7:13 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I saw an old friend this morning dropping his kid off at school and he is leaving town.  It sounds like it wouldn't make me smile but he is cashing out of Squamish to live mortgage free in Kamloops and landed a 100% work from home job with good pay.  :)

This dude dropped his kid off at school, then left town? That's not right. Hopefully his kid can find him in Kamloops.

May 26, 2022, 7:18 p.m.

lol

May 27, 2022, 9:21 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: chupacabra

This dude dropped his kid off at school, then left town? That's not right. Hopefully his kid can find him in Kamloops.

Kids are expensive man.  How else is he going to live mortgage free?