STOKED! I just ordered a Spitfire. Not what you think.

Nov. 16, 2013, 12:22 p.m.

Banshee might have a nice AM bike in their line, but Firewire's Spitfire is WAY better looking.

Not my board, but the same model and similar length.

I figure if I can't make a board look good IN the water, I should get one that also looks great on the beach :lol:

iforonewelcome.com

Nov. 16, 2013, 12:41 p.m.

Nice looking board. Way cooler midlife crisis purchase than a convertible ;)

Nov. 16, 2013, 12:45 p.m.

Nice looking board. My bud grabbed a Dominator last fall. I take it that is a wood laminate rather than a wooden board like a wefi or those Channel Islands colabos?

Personally, I'd go for a Hobie Spitfire;)

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 16, 2013, 1:03 p.m.

bah i was expecting this:

:crybaby:

Nov. 16, 2013, 1:20 p.m.

looks cool!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 16, 2013, 2:25 p.m.

Nice looking board. My bud grabbed a Dominator last fall. I take it that is a wood laminate rather than a wooden board like a wefi or those Channel Islands colabos?

Personally, I'd go for a Hobie Spitfire;)

Yeah, it's kind of a hybrid laminate, not a wood core, but also not just a veneer that's only for looks.

I'm moving up from a Dominator myself (Rapidfire, with the bamboo topsheet). Awesome board, especially for mushier waves. The Spitfire is pretty much a performance Dominator as I found it a little lacking in speed and bottom turns were a little sluggish, which became a bit of a problem when waves got around chest to head high.

Also, damn that Hobie Spitfire looks cool.

iforonewelcome.com

Nov. 16, 2013, 2:52 p.m.

What are the dimensions of your Spitty and Dom? I'll pass on your thoughts about the Dom to my friend.

There is/was a navy blue Spitty 9'0" in Island Longboards, I looked at it a few times, but I really want a 2+1, rather than a single fin (No idea why)

Liked the Hawaiian Pro Designs In The Pink when I rode it, would have been after a 9'-9'2" 3"+ thick, Longbeach had a 9'6" in that my friend bought last fall so the Spitty would be good as its a different board. But had that ITP been half a foot shorter, it'd be in my possession instead. Demo'ed a 9'4" ITP epoxy and had a few wicked rides on it.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 16, 2013, 3:35 p.m.

bah i was expecting this:

:crybaby:

Beat me to it :lol:

Nov. 16, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 16, 2013, 10:48 p.m.

funny; i was in a shop in ucluelet on the w/e ogling those very boards. i know very little about surfboards, but love the aesthetics of these (and arbor snowboards). when you off to cr?

Nov. 17, 2013, 12:37 a.m.

funny; i was in a shop in ucluelet on the w/e ogling those very boards. i know very little about surfboards, but love the aesthetics of these (and arbor snowboards). when you off to cr?

My Arbor Blunt is a damn nice looking longboard (wheeled variety) as well.

I wish i had some time on a surf board of any kind.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 17, 2013, 11:48 a.m.

Those Arbor boards look amazing. Now checking to see how wide they come, then on to see if I can find a bamboo DH Frame for the trifecta.

iforonewelcome.com

Nov. 18, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

What are the dimensions of your Spitty and Dom? I'll pass on your thoughts about the Dom to my friend.

The boards are VERY similar, even down to the point where the same comparable sizes between the two have almost identical volume. The major difference seems to be the tail shape and apparently the rails are a little modified. They both have huge volume for their length, something invaluable for larger guys looking to ride shorter boards.

I'd compare the two of them to a Remedy and Slash, or Rune and Spitfire. Same platform, very similar ride, but one's a little more appropriate for when shit gets a little more real.

I LOVE the Dominator and wouldn't have ordered the Spitfire if my wife hadn't fallen in love with the dom and claimed it as her own. I used the opportunity to jump on a Spitfire, who wouldn't?

iforonewelcome.com