Squamish to Vancouver, Anyone commute every day?

June 3, 2014, 6:15 p.m.

80kms each way?

Get a hybrid

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 3, 2014, 6:32 p.m.

Sounds like you don't consider your current employer to be something that will last. No idea what you do or what the market is like in Squamish, but driving a couple hours a day for a year or two if it meant a major improvement in the rest of your life could very well be worth it.

You mentioned some flexibility in hours. Any chance of 4×10 hr days rather than 5×8's? Especially if those extra hours could be manipulated to keep you out of the worst parts of traffic in at least one direction, it could really help make the decision easier for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

June 3, 2014, 6:37 p.m.

My commute is only 35-45 minutes each way and it's enough to push my after work beer drinking to the edge of alcoholism. I don't know how you guys commuting over an hour each way can do it

June 3, 2014, 6:58 p.m.

My commute is only 35-45 minutes each way and it's enough to push my after work beer drinking to the edge of alcoholism. I don't know how you guys commuting over an hour each way can do it

werd, i got 20 minutes in Nam, theres sweet fuck all for traffic just a couple light on the inland highway that are dumb as fuck but better than the victoria bullshit.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 4, 2014, 7:42 a.m.

I'm 10 minutes from work now, but I drove 50 minutes each way for 16 years. The way to survive is ENTERTAINMENT. As in: fucking with other drivers for your own personal amusement. I almost miss it.

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

June 4, 2014, 8:13 a.m.

Best part of the commute is that only the people that really want to live here and enjoy the outdoors actually move. The city wankers stay down in the city, for us to amuse ourselves on our commutes.

June 5, 2014, 3:20 p.m.

As in: fucking with other drivers for your own personal amusement. I almost miss it.

I'm pretty sure you and I have met at least on the road then.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 5, 2014, 4:25 p.m.

I've been contemplating the jump to Squamish for awhile now. Co-worker does the commute. Makes it not sound that bad.

Decisions…

June 6, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

It's not that bad. It is pretty relaxing until you hit the traffic around Lonsdale.

I see a guy in Leaf do the commute but he must have a charge station at work.

Oct. 1, 2014, 10:35 p.m.

I just got a job in Squamish and I m going to jump on the commute bandwagon the other way.
My gf and I lives in the broadway/granville area.
My girl loves our apartment and her job downtown. She commutes the bridge by foot every day in 20mn. So she is not too keen on leaving to Squamish as of now.
I am really puzzled on how it s going to turn out.
Getting a room in squamish? Getting a second car since my Xterra is a gas guzzler? Try to work the 4x10 or perhaps convince my boss that I can work from home.
I hope to convince the GF to move to squamish one day. That would be sweet.

Oct. 2, 2014, 7:39 a.m.

Sounds like you would be much happier with a new GF ;)

Oct. 2, 2014, 7:42 a.m.

^^ true dat hehe

What job did you get in Squamish??

Oct. 2, 2014, 1:28 p.m.

I have tons of coworkers who do the commute (ie live in Sq, work in NV). They definitely spend less time outdoors because of it.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 2, 2014, 3:08 p.m.

I have tons of coworkers who do the commute. They definitely spend less time outdoors because of it.

The people I know who commute Sq to Van spend a lot of time outdoors, because when they get home they have riding from the doorstep. My guess is that if you flip this on its head, and spend the best part of the evening dealing with getting from home to the trailhead in city traffic, you're going to come up short. The solutions are to either ride in Squamish before you go home, or stop in N.Van on the way home and make the getting home in traffic part the final thing of the day. GF may get sick of that and then the choice becomes easy as she will make one and you'll win either way. I'm pretty good at relationship counselling so if you need any other advice, hit me up :)

Oct. 3, 2014, 4:06 a.m.

Sounds like you would be much happier with a dog

FYP

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.