Squamish to Vancouver, Anyone commute every day?

April 4, 2013, 6:47 p.m.

Reach Physio downtown is really good.

April 4, 2013, 10:15 p.m.

I dont go to Squamish, but I like to drive through Squamish on my way to WHSITLER!! omg Whistler bike park opening soon biiiitttttccccheeezzzz! whats up!1!! get your pass on. chair lift. tons of Vertical feet. Chair lift. bike stands everywhere. crazy cool vibe. you can literally take a chair up a mountain,, and then ride down. blamo. asians and aussies on lock. bear sightings. on your left facker. probably free wi fi at some places. workers with lazer guns scanning tickets. #garbanzo#dirtmerchantandalinehadababywhatwouldtheycallit?? answer= supermansleftnut. berms or jumps, or even chill on the transition that's cool too. roost. green to Pro, your call bro, just follow me. they have these booths that you sit in, and hooks meant to hang bikes hooked up to thick thick cables that are connected to a pully like system, all machine powered here, no use of man power whatsoever, what's it called? 100% LIFT ACCESSED BIKING!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! ITS BLOWIN MY MIND RIGHT NOW…

but seriously I do know someone that lives in Squamish..

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 5, 2013, 7:31 a.m.

^ prime example why the rest of us don't live in Surrey

April 5, 2013, 7:33 a.m.

Exactly why I don't get off the freeway early when I'm on my way down to the coast.

April 5, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

Unless you can actualy be billing time instead of commuting or you are getting paid to drive for work you can't really put a $ figure on windshield time

Up here it was an unpaid 10min drive to work, fuck around doing administrivia, hit the road and return late all the time either on the clock or booking OT/getting milage … made way more $$$ up here

living in surrey sucked but then commuting/driving in Van sucked also …just one opinion

April 5, 2013, 10:26 a.m.

PTColin - works from home one day a week, otherwise he works in Yaletown.

I am not sure if I want to send the wife to some dude's house for physio.

"No worries honey, he is on my mountain bike forum, totally legit."

April 5, 2013, 11:16 a.m.

I have a request for those that live in Squamish. Would you be willing to post up a picture of your house (ie 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage) and give an approximate value? The wife and I have been talking about this for a few years now.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

April 5, 2013, 11:29 a.m.

I have a request for those that live in Squamish. Would you be willing to post up a picture of your house (ie 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage) and give an approximate value? The wife and I have been talking about this for a few years now.

...MLS

April 5, 2013, 11:33 a.m.

MLS is tricky when you're not familiar with the town. We don't know which neighbourhood a good/bad.

But thanks for posting the obvious, it was very helpful.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

April 5, 2013, 12:10 p.m.

MLS is tricky when you're not familiar with the town. We don't know which neighbourhood a good/bad.

Look in brackendale or the highlands

Pastor of Muppets

April 5, 2013, 12:40 p.m.

Reacharound Physio downtown is really good.

This style of treatment is endorsed by several forum regulars.

Cheers Ben

April 5, 2013, 12:52 p.m.

I have entertained the thoughts of moving to squamish and have done some research and talked to a few friends who live up there. Here are some of my findings:

- The real estate market is somewhat stagnant in Squamish right now. You'll see the same house on the market for more than 6 months. It is definitely a buyers market right now and if the owner is serious about selling due to job change, situation, etc. it is a good time to buy

- Highlands and brackendale are the 2 most sought after areas in Squamish. Highlands if you like living up high with potentially some views or brackendale if you like the typical subdivision feel in your neighborhood.

- Many people that I talked to steered me away from valleycliffe. Although it is 15min closer to Vancouver (in case you have to commute), they said it gets depressing in the winter because they have almost no sunlight (big honkin chief blocks most of the sunlight in the winter)

- 90% of my play time is in Squamish during the winter so I can almost drive the sea-to-sky with my eyes closed. That being said, I still have second thoughts if I have to drive it every day to go to work. I'm sure you'll get used to it because I love to drive and I usually use the drive time to listen to music in my own comfort.

Aside from that, I think it is a wicked town and I still think about it from time to time.

April 5, 2013, 12:57 p.m.

He mountain bikes, so you should be extra wary.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 5, 2013, 5:20 p.m.

You're right, you should drive to Yaletown, pay the extra $50 per hour, and convince yourself that because it costs more, its better. But on second thought, it is hard to get an appointment, so maybe you should look elsewhere. Colin was on team NSMB for years and he has treated many of us for years - but hey, Google something better.

http://www.sportandspinal.com/

June 3, 2014, 2:06 p.m.

67 min (80 km) from potential new home to existing employment, I love the house and the area. Iron Workers is the only bridge and I suspect I will be able to get some flexibility on my work hours. Am also considering looking for work locally. This scenario sees me being mortgage free so I would not have to be so concerned with wage if I took work in Squamish.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints