spirituality/religion-what do you believe?

Aug. 28, 2005, 12:44 a.m.

considering the way my day is going there is only one thing I believe.

….I believe I'll have another beer….

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Aug. 28, 2005, 1:17 a.m.

Its science. Our brain is nothing but electrical impulses and nerves. Just like a computer. So you are saying is that computers have souls? Because it is a fact that our brains and computers work on the same principals.

We are a complex gathering of molecules, cells, and nerves that work in sync to react with our surroundings. when we die, the complex gathering of the cells, molecules, nerves and what not, are not able to react beacuse they break down and therefore become inactive.

When is a soul aquired? when you are born? No because it doesnt sound correct that unborn babies have no soul, right? They are living too. So if unborn babies have a soul, than that means sperm must have a soul. Corect? So you are saying that when a sperm dies, its soul goes on forever?

Answer me this, at what stage of our development is a soul aquired?

In your Face, in your Face!!!

(as Peter thrusts his groin toward Meg)

Aug. 28, 2005, 1:28 a.m.

Answer me this, at what stage of our development is a soul aquired?

IMO our soul is ever lasting and infiinite. a soul is not given to a body but a a body is given to the soul. humans are just a way for the soul to live in this part of its journey. sounds kooky but whatever.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 28, 2005, 1:33 a.m.

OK, so again, when is the point of fusion between soul and body. Does it differ from person to person? If so, how is the time of the fusion of soul and body determined? And what is a person before the fusion of body and soul?

Sorry if I sound extremely stubborn. This topic and other people beliefs interst me deeply. I love to argue about this stuff. At the end of it all we can believe what we want.

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:09 a.m.

haha well have you ever thought of what you would do in the afterlife? Very few people think of that. If heaven does exist i dont I wouldnt think it have clouds i was joking about that. But seriously, what are you supposed to do for eternity?

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I've heard a lot more crazy shit than you can imagine. I know mormons.

The body is the only part of the human. Humans are merely animals who have adapted to communicate in an outrageously complicated way, and are able to study and develope and engineer things, etc. It's all about evolution.

We look at other animals and think hmm.. no brain in there, can't talk, use a screwdriver, not smart.. this isn't really the case.. they're smart enough for what they need to do, just like us.. we're constantly demanding more of ourselves, and therefore need to be more intelligent..

that was kind of detached, but it was a bit of a brain fart.

(I believe) That there is no soul to a person, only one entity.. the body. I do think occasionally of "spiritual" things, ie. a persons "spiritual wellbeing", but when I use these terms I'm strictly speaking in a psychological sense. Every event that occurs in a persons life shapes them psychologically.. that, in my eyes, is the closest thing to "spirit"

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:17 a.m.

IMO our soul is ever lasting and infiinite. a soul is not given to a body but a a body is given to the soul. humans are just a way for the soul to live in this part of its journey. sounds kooky but whatever.

What makes up the soul? Emotions, personality, etc? If a person is given another body, will they have the same values, demeanor? What constitutes another body.. human, animal, inanimate? Is this like generic reincarnation, is there control to the process? What legistlates the selection of chosen body/shell, or what you will occupy next. I'm awake now, so this could get good :)

Aug. 28, 2005, 10:52 a.m.

if I thought I had to live another whole life after this one I would just kill myself right now.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 28, 2005, 11:03 a.m.

here's a movie i made a bit over a year ago on the subject of people finding themselves in an afterlife and trying to figure out what's going on. 'bout 20 minutes long. i posted it up here a long time ago, i remember gearwhore had some good comments on it.

http://zed.cbc.ca/go?POS=1[HTML_REMOVED]CONTENT_ID=203565[HTML_REMOVED]c=contentPage[HTML_REMOVED]FILTER_KEY=204849

Aug. 28, 2005, 11:24 a.m.

I was babtised lutherean but i have no clue what that is. Some people came to my door today to sell their religion to me in hope thats i would live eternaly happy because the world we live in is so crappy right now or some bullshit. Why couldnt they tell me about the good things, other than "so and so got saved", in the world as we know it right this instant?

Aug. 28, 2005, 11:46 a.m.

no CLTRDroadie, If you would have read my other posts, I dont actually believe in heaven or an after life, I was merely asking questions that I have never heard an answer to. Just trying to stir things up. I too believe in spiritual well being (but as you said, only in a phsycological manner AKA hormonal balances in our brains)

Aug. 28, 2005, 2:12 p.m.

if I thought I had to live another whole life after this one I would just kill myself right now.

LOL! me too.

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:16 p.m.

So our brains work through electrical impulses, no? Therefore concious thouhgt are simply electrical impulses in our brain. Well obviously the elctrical impulses happen before we think, otherewise we wouldnt be thinking, so then wut is thought. So really there is no such thing as thought because our brains have already had the electrical impulse happen and is reallaing it to another part of the brain. So when you make a descion, your not making a descion at all, your brain has already made the descion through electrical impulses. therefore everything is predetermind, but only by minutes or seconds thought is something caused by impulses that your brain has made by seeing, hearing, feeling, tasting etc. We have no control because our brain has made the descion through electrical impulses that happen before thought. Think about that

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:23 p.m.

So our brains work through electrical impulses, no? Therefore concious thouhgt are simply electrical impulses in our brain. Well obviously the elctrical impulses happen before we think, otherewise we wouldnt be thinking, so then wut is thought. So really there is no such thing as thought because our brains have already had the electrical impulse happen and is reallaing it to another part of the brain. So when you make a descion, your not making a descion at all, your brain has already made the descion through electrical impulses. therefore everything is predetermind, but only by minutes or seconds thought is something caused by impulses that your brain has made by seeing, hearing, feeling, tasting etc. We have no control because our brain has made the descion through electrical impulses that happen before thought. Think about that

whoa….

Trucks and Guns.

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:53 p.m.

^^
someone took the red pill

Aug. 28, 2005, 4:21 p.m.

Right, thought is really not much of anything, it nothing but an extremely complex electrical impulse reaction to our surroundings