Speaking of things that blow up.

Aug. 25, 2015, 9:12 a.m.

True. Ego does more harm than anything else.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 25, 2015, 9:13 a.m.

I seem to recall reading how all sides on WWII expended great resources to in fact secure artifacts and treasure.

You saw Indiana Jones too, eh?

Securing artifacts is far different than blowing them up to deny thier existance.

Aug. 25, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

The countries of the region are more than capable of tackling it themselves. The destruction of priceless artifacts sucks, but it is the way of the land there.

I agree. If they can't handle their own security, they shouldn't be surprised if they are taken over. They need to start taking action from their own end. Serious penalties (like death - hey, its the Middle East) for attempting to be or being a member of ISIS. Remember, this is a region where all you need to be is suspected of infidelity or being an atheist or dropping a Koran to be executed. Then, how about stopping the flow of cash from their own citizens to ISIS? ISIS has lots of money because they are funded by cash from private individuals and governments in the ME. Stop buying ISIS oil. How hard is that? Stop buying looted antiquities. All death penalty crimes (like drug possession in many ME countries).

To the outside world, they tut-tut ISIS crimes, but also look the other way when it comes to putting the squeeze on them. If they (governments in the ME) can't put this down, there should just be a cordon put up at some point around the affected areas and then go nuclear on everything inside the cordon.

Aug. 25, 2015, 9:39 a.m.

no different in Europe or any other place. war is war

Name one other place that has been at war more in the last 5000 years than the holy lands. It has everything you need for war. Ancient feuds, holy sites with overlapping claims, justification to dehumanize the enemy. War is war, but when it keeps happening in the same place there is probably a reason why.

To the outside world, they tut-tut ISIS crimes, but also look the other way when it comes to putting the squeeze on them. If they (governments in the ME) can't put this down, there should just be a cordon put up at some point around the affected areas and then go nuclear on everything inside the cordon.

And they can do it quite easily. Between just the Islamic countries in the region they combine for millions of troops compared to tens of thousands members of ISIS. ISIS could be the force that brings about cooperation between them but it is easier to let the west do it, pay for it, and take the fall out in the form of terrorism.

Aug. 25, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

ISIS could be the force that brings about cooperation between them.

They will never co-operate. Many of them hate each other (Shiite Iranians, Syrians, Iraqis and Hezbollah versus the Sunni Arabs) above all else. Saudi Arabia is as worried about Iran as is Israel. That's why Saudi Arabia is fighting a war in Yemen. In fact, the Mid-East style "panacea" to Iran's nuclear ambitions would be the Saudis (who are thinking of getting their own nukes - possibly through Pakistan) getting a headstart and striking Iran's existing, suspected and potential nuclear sites.

Aug. 25, 2015, 1:59 p.m.

They will never co-operate.

Yup. Which is why I have little interest in the West helping them.

Aug. 25, 2015, 2:33 p.m.

West helping what??? They need no help and never did. If there was no oil the West or Russia would not be there. Governments don't care about helping, they just want the shit you have.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Aug. 25, 2015, 4:51 p.m.

:nono:
Man, they had nice stable dictatorships all over that region, some secular some not, before you had your psychotic Uncle Sam (with help from the "west") come along and wreck the place.
The result being ISIL.
Why the fuck shouldn't they have to clean up their goddamn mess?
You sound like a lousy parent! :lol:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 25, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

I agree. If they can't handle their own security, they shouldn't be surprised if they are taken over. They need to start taking action from their own end. Serious penalties (like death - hey, its the Middle East) for attempting to be or being a member of ISIS. Remember, this is a region where all you need to be is suspected of infidelity or being an atheist or dropping a Koran to be executed. Then, how about stopping the flow of cash from their own citizens to ISIS? ISIS has lots of money because they are funded by cash from private individuals and governments in the ME. Stop buying ISIS oil. How hard is that? Stop buying looted antiquities. All death penalty crimes (like drug possession in many ME countries).

The Turkish government in February took action to protect a relic.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/22/turkish-military-completes-operation-to-evacuate-troops-from-tomb-in-syria

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 26, 2015, 12:08 p.m.

Saudi Arabia is as worried about Iran as is Israel. That's why Saudi Arabia is fighting a war in Yemen..

Yemen's going even further back in time with the amount of bombing and civilian casualties/injuries it's experiencing.

Why are Saudi forces fighting a war in Yemen again?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Aug. 26, 2015, 2:10 p.m.

Yemen's going even further back in time with the amount of bombing and civilian casualties/injuries it's experiencing.

Why are Saudi forces fighting a war in Yemen again?

They are fighting adherents of heretical Shiite Islam (no pun intended), the Houthis. And where there's Houthis, there's gonna be Blowfish.

Aug. 26, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

^^^^ lol , i see wha you did there

Aug. 26, 2015, 6:19 p.m.

They are fighting adherents of heretical Shiite Islam (no pun intended), the Houthis. And where there's Houthis, there's gonna be Blowfish.

Haha yes! :clap::clap: