Sound Bars

Oct. 21, 2016, 5:20 p.m.

Thinking of purchasing one. Tired of listening through the TV speakers.

Would be ideal to connect the phone/MBP wirelessly to listen to music. External subwoofer would be ideal as well.

Anyone using one? Recommendations? Ones to stay away from? Places to purchase from?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 21, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

Thinking of purchasing one. Tired of listening through the TV speakers.

Would be ideal to connect the phone/MBP wirelessly to listen to music. External subwoofer would be ideal as well.

Anyone using one? Recommendations? Ones to stay away from? Places to purchase from?

I've got a vizio one. Nothing fancy but paired with my 10" sub it sounds pretty good.

Not sure about vizio as a brand. Mine recently started having problems with auto shutdown due to overheating. Not sure if it's actually overheating or just a sensor problem. Maybe some dried out thermal paste or some caps starting to let go.

Check out woot.com they usually have them cheap as they are amazons clearing house.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 21, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

I bought a cheap Sony one once. Terrible decision. Get a good one if you're going to get one.

Oct. 21, 2016, 6:32 p.m.

I bought a cheap Sony one once. Terrible decision. Get a good one if you're going to get one.

buying cheap almost always costs more cause you're just going to buy the more expensive option when you realize the cheap one is a pile of shit.
people are to cheap, fucking fork out the cash for quality and be done with it.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 21, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

Get a Craigslist bluetooth amp and a couple of energy speakers all for under 600 and you wont regret it.
Can't do sound bars í ½í¸³

Oct. 21, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

I've got a big buck Yamaha YSP4100 with separate powered sub. They work best in a room with 4 walls to bounce the sound off. Unfortunately my living room is open concept and only has 3 walls so the soundbar is a bit lacking. It's ok, but not great.

Oct. 21, 2016, 8:57 p.m.

i picked up a Samsung one with wireless sub. works/sounds great. bluetooth control/streaming from my phone..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 23, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

I bought a set of powered studio monitors and plugged them into the earphone jack on my TV and they are HIGH FIDELItY with good power! (don't need a sub woofer) The TV remote controls their volume too. This probably doesn't work on every tv but I lucked out and they only cost me about 250CDN.

Oct. 23, 2016, 8:51 a.m.

I am going to try these for playing stuff from the phone, and from the PC to other locations in the house (bluetooth).

https://emotiva.com/products/powered-monitors/speakers/airmotiv-3b

Oct. 23, 2016, 3:54 p.m.

I dont like them because of the inherent limitations. Would look into decent active stereo monitor/bookshelf speakers for better sound quality and flexibility/simplicity. Or if you can afford and have the space for it, a real 5.0 or 5.1 or even a 3.0 or 3.1 system would be better imho.

edit: Some of the above posts beat me to it.

Oct. 23, 2016, 4 p.m.

I dont like them because of the inherent limitations. Would look into decent active stereo monitor/bookshelf speakers for better sound quality and flexibility/simplicity. Or if you can afford and have the space for it, a real 5.0 or 5.1 or even a 3.0 or 3.1 system would be better imho.

edit: Some of the above posts beat me to it.

Unsure how [HTML_REMOVED]1 speaker offers more simplicity. But I will give you better sound quality.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 23, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

Unsure how [HTML_REMOVED]1 speaker offers more simplicity. But I will give you better sound quality.

Was thinking about the setup and junk thats built into them that is supposed to emulate surround and also the sub.

Oct. 24, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

Got the matching brand to my TV LG. It was not cheap but worth it. 10" wireless sub. Bluetooth to the phone or Ipad.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Oct. 24, 2016, 8:58 a.m.

I have the basic Samsung one with separate powered (but wired, ass opposed to high-roller Connor's Bluetooth one) sub. Definitely fills the room well and action movies/sound effects sound great. Plays from phone/laptop wirelessly via Bluetooth. My two complaints would be:

1) If I have a Samsung TV and a Samsung sound bar, why the hell can't I control them both from a single remote?

2) Not sure if this is the sound bar's fault per se, but the speech always sounds quiet compared to explosions/sound effects in movies. You have to turn it up to hear the speech, but then you get blown out of your seat when something crazy happens.

Oct. 24, 2016, 9:18 a.m.

Not sure if this is the sound bar's fault per se, but the speech always sounds quiet compared to explosions/sound effects in movies. You have to turn it up to hear the speech, but then you get blown out of your seat when something crazy happens.

May have something to do with how the channels are biased before multiplexing into the sound bar. In a 5.1/6.1/7.1 setup, voice tracks are generally on the center front channel, while baysplosions are LF,RF, and surround channels. So if there's some sort of app or whatever to adjust individual channel sound levels, try boosting center channel feed.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.