Soooo ... Alberta ...

May 12, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

Fwiw,i think goatee is worried about the royalty review.

Meanwhile,i'll be shopping for a quad.

I've always wanted a jetski. Any idea if the oil guys will have some of those to sell off?

May 12, 2015, 10:41 a.m.

Well, that was a lot of babbling about nothing more than a 2% corporate tax increase. Raising the corporate tax rate to 12% … a rate that is lower than the 13.5% tax that the much-venerated alcoholic bigot, Ralph Klein was so popular for. You do know that ol Ralphie dropped the corporate rate from 15.5% to 13.5%, right? The sky didn't fall then, either.

Holy hell, batman.

If the NDP simply raised the corporate tax to the level back to where it was during Ralph Klein's tenure, that would raise Alberta's combined federal/provincial tax to 28.5% or 1.5% above Communist Norway's 27% corporate tax rate. The outrage!

May 12, 2015, 11 a.m.

Fwiw,i think goatee is worried about the royalty review.

Meanwhile,i'll be shopping for a quad.

Wait a minute, don't you need the sled before you go spending $ on the quad, get a little money in yer overalls [HTML_REMOVED] there you go thinking like a fucking Albortion

In one of these threads I believe it was Go-t who suggested by late summer there would be lots of good deals on the motorized toys

May 12, 2015, 3:27 p.m.

Yes, but did any Albertans have the foresight to buy a 2015 KTM 250 XC-W to sell at a lose after break-up?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 12, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

Yes, but did any Albertans have the foresight to buy a 2015 KTM 250 XC-W to sell at a lose after break-up?

Living beyond your means is the core, no, the soul of Alberta. I daresay that you aim too low sir - KTM 300 XC is the watchword/model # of Alberta in 2015! Dare to dream!

Ride: Ibis Mojo HD
Club: CMBA
Talent: None
:beer::canada:

May 12, 2015, 8:16 p.m.

Oh look…

The election of the NDP government is causing energy companies to consider MORE investment in Alberta.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/alberta-ndps-rise-to-power-raises-hopes-for-renewable-energy/article24359711/?service=mobile

May 12, 2015, 10:19 p.m.

Well, that was a lot of babbling about nothing more than a 2% corporate tax increase. Raising the corporate tax rate to 12% … a rate that is lower than the 13.5% tax that the much-venerated alcoholic bigot, Ralph Klein was so popular for. You do know that ol Ralphie dropped the corporate rate from 15.5% to 13.5%, right? The sky didn't fall then, either.

Holy hell, batman.

FOR FUCK SAKES! I don't give a shit about the tax increase, nobody does. She wants to review fracs in the province (this is the method by which almost all non-oilsands oil and gas is produced) and complete a complete royalty review with no inkling of where she'll wind up. When I said she didn't do her homework, she didn't review the royalty formulas, didn't understand what publicly traded companies were (are) already paying, and didn't take time to understand what kind of drilling is needed to keep up with decline curves. Companies are putting projects on hold left right and center, yesterday, because there is absolutely no certainty to the royalty structure that exists currently, and no guarantee that fracs will be allowed to continue.

May 12, 2015, 10:20 p.m.

Companies are putting projects on hold left right and center, yesterday, because there is absolutely no certainty to the royalty structure that exists currently, and no guarantee that fracs will be allowed to continue.

Not because OPEC is trying to kill you guys and Putin at the same time?

May 12, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

Not because OPEC is trying to kill you guys and Putin at the same time?

The election result charted negatively by close to 10% on Alberta weighted Canadian producers while oil climbed close to 6%. That downward pressure hasn't released, and management teams are under pressure from their boards to cut as much spending in Alberta as possible while directing capital to BC and Saskatchewan, where near term royalty rates are more predictable.

That's not speculation, that's what's happening, today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

May 12, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

The election result charted negatively by close to 10% on Alberta weighted Canadian producers while oil climbed close to 6%. That downward pressure hasn't released, and management teams are under pressure from their boards to cut as much spending in Alberta as possible while directing capital to BC and Saskatchewan, where near term royalty rates are more predictable.

That's not speculation, that's what's happening, today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

Correlation does not imply causation.

If oil was at $200 a barrel, how much impact would your government have on the above?

May 13, 2015, 5:32 a.m.

Correlation does not imply causation.

If oil was at $200 a barrel, how much impact would your government have on the above?

This is precisely the point I've been making over and over again - if oil was at 200 a barrel, this regime would make very little difference. Albertans always seem to fuck up royally when it's time to select their Government during a down year. Oil's in the shitter and your employer has just had their revenue cut literally in half in the steepest decline seen in the last 40 years? Great, I have a fucking idea, lets vote in a government that won't tell them what their new tax structure will be and hope they don't do anything to protect their capital in the interim waiting period of nobody fucking knows.

An alternative way to do this might be more along the lines of "Oil has been steadily climbing for the last 3 years. Let's approach industry executives about increasing royalties in a way that is pragmatic, involved, and without making large overtures that sound threatening during a recession."

If they picked road 2, I wouldn't be going on this rant. I absolutely think that our Royalties need to be increased, I just think that when industry is reeling from getting kicked in the teeth, when the layoffs haven't been swift, when the losses posted this past quarter exceed 100 billion dollars - think about that, companies here have spent and lost 100 BILLION dollars - and the earnings season isn't even over yet. They're trying to collect their people, but the bankers are looking at them and just saying that their debt ratio is off, and they will cash call them if they don't reduce costs immediately. Salaries are easily one of the first to go.

Goodwill writedown's are everywhere, an example that balance sheets are so far out of whack that companies are literally writing parts of themselves off to reduce overhead. Layoffs are rampant. Prices are way down. I know, lets tell industry that sometime in the next two years we're going to change the way we take money from the resource, then leave it at that and never speak about it again except to condescendingly look at a TV camera and say "Everything will be A-OK".

Fucking communist.

May 13, 2015, 7 a.m.

Albertans always seem to fuck up royally when it's time to select their Government during a down year.

You've gone stark raving mad. Albertans have chosen the same government, year in and year out, for well over 40 years. There have been at least 5 "down" years in that period.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 13, 2015, 7:52 a.m.

You've gone stark raving mad. Albertans have chosen the same government, year in and year out, for well over 40 years. There have been at least 5 "down" years in that period.

And that government has worked with industrial councils to ensure that they didn't (With the exception of that ukranian idiot stelmach) make things worse during those periods.

May 13, 2015, 7:57 a.m.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 13, 2015, 8:30 a.m.

Oil's in the shitter and your employer has just had their revenue cut literally in half in the steepest decline seen in the last 40 years? Great, I have a fucking idea, lets vote in a government that won't tell them what their new tax structure will be and hope they don't do anything to protect their capital in the interim waiting period of nobody fucking knows.

An alternative way to do this might be more along the lines of "Oil has been steadily climbing for the last 3 years. Let's approach industry executives about increasing royalties in a way that is pragmatic, involved, and without making large overtures that sound threatening during a recession."

well nobody ever said albertans were smart eh?

but "the alterantive" has always been for the cons to take care/pay off their buddies in the oil business not do something for the good of alberta ergo get rid of the cons so maybe its gona take [HTML_REMOVED] 5 days to figure what to do?

there was a 1hr documnetry on TV about the oil business in norway vs alberta where they show norway systematicaly taking care of norway, in comparison in alberta they are giving it away like the town tramp so they show an airplane full of industry types headed to texas on a trade mission …to give away alberta