Soooo ... Alberta ...

May 12, 2015, 6:44 a.m.

lower fuel costs? its like 8 cents cheaper than before the oil bust.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 12, 2015, 6:52 a.m.

Yah. Now times that by billions of transportation kilometers/litres worldwide.

May 12, 2015, 6:53 a.m.

So … about a 5% price drop.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 12, 2015, 6:54 a.m.

Yah. Now times that by billions of transportation kilometers/litres worldwide.

sure thats gunna trickle down any minute.. what with the canadian dollars spectacular drop.. im pretty sure most fruits and veggies have doubled in price

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 12, 2015, 7:14 a.m.

So … about a 5% price drop.

Just wait until the annual

- "Refinery Maintenance" (obviously most convenient time to do this - because summer is when demand is highest)
- "Seasonal fuel reblending" for summer months (because the LM's climate is so extreme)
- "Driving Season"
- "Additive shortage" (because everyone forgets to order enough of the shit)

all kick in and raise the price .15 or .20.

May 12, 2015, 7:20 a.m.

Fuck her, now business is slow because she didn't do her fucking homework.

Just catching up on this thread. I think that was the single funniest thing I've ever read :lol:

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 12, 2015, 8:22 a.m.

.. im pretty sure most fruits and veggies have doubled in price

I'm pretty sure that massive droughts have something to do with that.

Damn the vegetable speculators. Veggie futures. Buy.

May 12, 2015, 8:32 a.m.

Oh fuck off. Companies have just shown us that they can take a cut of 1/2 in their prices and some will survive. Another 2 companies went bankrupt this week. There have been more layoffs. If you add more uncertainty to that, where does the tax money come from to pay for the programs she campaigned on? Nobody is legally requiring these guys to keep the money flowing. The first thing they cut when the waters get choppy is G[HTML_REMOVED]A, because for the most part, they employ contractors - and if they're in a phase of their business where they need to protect their profits and not worry about growth, they let everybody go who would normally help them grow.

Well these boom/bust cycles are good for weeding out the marginal outfits anyway said an acquaintance from the oil patch last week

buddy must have seen the writing on the wall cuz he shut down his grow op and is taking an extended vacation

May 12, 2015, 8:38 a.m.

Oh fuck off. rantrant rabblerabble gurgle Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras scelerisque mi non tellus luctus, ac ullamcorper mi venenatis. Cras pellentesque lacus non metus lacinia rhoncus. Quisque vel elementum ipsum. Vivamus molestie enim a aliquet ornare. Nunc at odio odio. Morbi imperdiet malesuada tempus. Morbi ultricies dolor eu leo commodo, luctus pretium lorem tempor. Curabitur efficitur scelerisque purus sed blandit. In at dignissim nisi. Pellentesque vel ante vel erat aliquam semper. Nunc aliquet sem et tempus convallis. Curabitur iaculis, est quis vulputate dapibus, neque turpis dapibus massa, sit amet molestie odio nisi non nibh. Nulla posuere velit massa, fermentum interdum tortor iaculis a.

Well, that was a lot of babbling about nothing more than a 2% corporate tax increase. Raising the corporate tax rate to 12% … a rate that is lower than the 13.5% tax that the much-venerated alcoholic bigot, Ralph Klein was so popular for. You do know that ol Ralphie dropped the corporate rate from 15.5% to 13.5%, right? The sky didn't fall then, either.

Holy hell, batman.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 12, 2015, 8:47 a.m.

Well, that was a lot of babbling about nothing more than a 2% corporate tax increase. Raising the corporate tax rate to 12% … a rate that is lower than the 13.5% tax that the much-venerated alcoholic bigot, Ralph Klein was so popular for. You do know that ol Ralphie dropped the corporate rate from 15.5% to 13.5%, right? The sky didn't fall then, either.

Holy hell, batman.

The neo-con spin on that was that moving from 10% to 12% is a 20% increase. Can you imajin what a 20 percent increase to the corporate tax rate would do to the economy?

TWENTY PERCENT!

:lol:

May 12, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

Well these boom/bust cycles …

Its also pretty funny that Go-t doesn't worry about the uncertainty of the boom and bust cycles that are baked into the system currently. How could you possibly open a bike shop with all this boom and bust cycle uncertainty?

Real stability would be to end or at the least protect against these cycles. Which is exactly what the NDP are planning. Especially powerful when considering the NDP is a infinitely small baby step toward the Norwegian model, which has been very successful in all regards.

May 12, 2015, 9:48 a.m.

All the fear mongering, pulpit preaching, dooms day conservatives exalted that raising taxes on small businesses would crater them and the economy. The BC Liberals raised their tax rate after losing their HST. Like every Mayan prophecy, the conservatives were not only wrong but business flourished and the government came closer to balancing the books.

Alberta oil has to start thinking a little longer term, stop living for today, stop fear mongering, and lady but not least stop believing that voodoo economics works.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 12, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

But that would mean the end of fire sale deals on shit with motors?

May 12, 2015, 10:21 a.m.

Fwiw,i think goatee is worried about the royalty review.

Meanwhile,i'll be shopping for a quad.

Pastor of Muppets

May 12, 2015, 10:35 a.m.

Meanwhile,i'll be shopping for a quad.

Yah. I'm looking for a truck, sled, and camper.

Lots of opportunity.

And the economy keeps on ticking along.