someone help me make my life decisions

April 25, 2005, 11:59 a.m.

Im in vancouver right now and have a portfolio review to get into a photo program for 2 years. im staying with someone I know who rents a place for an obscenely high price, and its situated right next to a main street and the cars driving by make me want to shoot myself. not many people i know are going to be living here next year and the traffic just about gives me a heart attack. then again, if i get into the program i would learn a shitload over 2 years and get to use all their facilities.

half of me wants to stay in my town (kamloops) where i can get to the other end of town in 10 minutes and work wherever and get a good place with my friends, go riding and snowboarding whenever i want, maybe work for a photographer in town, and wait another year and see if i change my mind to go to the program. please make my life decisions for me on an internet message board, thanks.

April 25, 2005, 12:04 p.m.

I say move down and suffer for a bit. Get in sooner, out sooner. You'll also have a different appreciation of things afterwards. Or so the idea goes.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 25, 2005, 12:09 p.m.

I say move down and suffer for a bit. Get in sooner, out sooner. You'll also have a different appreciation of things afterwards. Or so the idea goes.

2 years of this nonsense will surely drive a man crazy

April 25, 2005, 12:11 p.m.

Or you could do your photo program and find a different place to live. Kamloops will always be there, try a different pace of life for a few years.

You can always go back to Kamloops and take what you've learned with you.

April 25, 2005, 12:24 p.m.

you'll get used to, and then eventually love, city life. The traffic becomes white noise, and if it helps you in the long run you shouldn't hesitate.

iforonewelcome.com

April 25, 2005, 12:29 p.m.

wow, i paid attention during writing this and traffic is noisy! i don't hear it unless i listen for it though

does it drive me batty?

not nearly as much as commuting, needing a car to go everywhere, yardwork, suburbia in general

turn off sigs…it will change your life

April 25, 2005, 12:50 p.m.

Or you could do your photo program and find a different place to live. Kamloops will always be there, try a different pace of life for a few years.

You can always go back to Kamloops and take what you've learned with you.

Exactly. If you want to go back to Kamloops when you're done, you'll be a well-trained photog. so you will be able to ride/board with friends and get your career started. If, however, after 2 years in the city, and perhaps a different focus, you no longer want to go back to Kamloops…well, you'll be doing what you WANT to do, right?

School now, then make it fit into the life you want.

April 25, 2005, 1:22 p.m.

The opportunities to work with professional photographers would be more abundant in the city I would imagine.

I don't even hear the niose anymore, I can't sleep in Whistler where it is so quiet…:lol:

I am a city boy through and through. Besides the fact that we have a dumpload of riding (Not that Kamloops doesn't) but if you wanted to shoot riding you are close to 3 of the 4 top riding spots in the world (Shore, Whistler, Squamish and Loops). There are a number of people moving to Squamish because of the small town feel and the awesome outdoor recreation sites…maybe that would be an option after your program.

Don't wait to get started, at some point you need to put your want to ride and snowboard aside and figure out what you will do to pay the bills. If photography is your love and you want to make it a carreer, than don't pass up this opportunity.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

April 25, 2005, 1:36 p.m.

after riding my bike to subway and almost getting smoked by 3 cars i think i have decided to stay in vancouver. just gotta find a nice place, i dont mind working or selling drugs a bit to make up the extra rent. anyone wanna rent me a place near spanish banks for undewr 400 a month?

April 25, 2005, 5:37 p.m.

What school you get accepted to?

http://bigbadburt.deviantart.com/